Forza Motorsport Single-Player Mode Revealed: Car Leveling, Car Points, Online Saves, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 209 comments
If you believe these bullshots, cinematics are PC gameplay then that means on PC there should not be any photo mode 🤣
The photomode on pc on all previous Forza games don't have enhanced graphics like other games, the only thing that it does is supersampling 8K to 4K or 4k to 1080p. Photomodes purpose in Forza is not for enhancing the graphics, its to take shots that are not possible with gameplay pov and give the players more freedom with extra control over dof, color temp,.....

28803827567_8df9fbbb73_o.png

29823083278_4bca671ce9_o.png

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-17-09.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-17-33.jpg

These games are designed to extricate your cash from your wallet even after you own the game.
I'm not sure in Forza's case. The only add on I bought as an additional purchase was the VIR/Porsche expansion for FM6. I can't say I felt pressured into it or that it gained me any competitive advantage in the game.

Every other Motorsport I bought was a one-off purchase. Any car passes were paid up front as part of the package which is pretty much equivalent to if those cars were included in the game at launch for a higher overall price.

Last edited:
These games are designed to extricate your cash from your wallet even after you own the game.

They are doing an awful job of it then. Haven't paid a single dime after the initial purchase.

I think you are heavily conflating dlc and microtransactions. Not a great foundation for your argument.

Oh and btw, forza has always rewarded credits and xp based on the race distance. Doing a race in career/free play/multiplayer with your own car will always earn the same.

The game is HEAVILY monetized though. That’s what passes and add on content are. This game is free for game pass users or maybe it’s $40-60 if they buy the whole game. These aren’t just things created later and added on later. These add-ons are planned out before the game is developed. A lot of content is content that would have been included day one but a lot of it is also cut and put on the side so that you have the ability to spend more money.
With the little bit of knowledge I have working/participating in the industry as I have, the "cut content" narrative needs to take a backseat. First things first, yes, that can be an issue but it's usually made entirely obvious before the game itself launches in the first place. And, no, discovering hidden files in a folder doesn't automatically translate to "this content was cut because they're trying to gouge us!"

Games in general, let alone racing games that involved a multitude of licensing agreements, conditions, etc, etc. relations can fall through one month before the game launches and the car(s) mysteriously disappear. Now, the parties involved have to re-negotiate new terms for the car(s) affected, if that's even a possibility.

As for your Game Pass comment, I haven't spent a penny more than the $24.99 for the FH5 Premium Upgrade so I'm unsure where your "$40-60" figure comes from.

With the little bit of knowledge I have working/participating in the industry as I have, the "cut content" narrative needs to take a backseat. First things first, yes, that can be an issue but it's usually made entirely obvious before the game itself launches in the first place. And, no, discovering hidden files in a folder doesn't automatically translate to "this content was cut because they're trying to gouge us!"

Games in general, let alone racing games that involved a multitude of licensing agreements, conditions, etc, etc. relations can fall through one month before the game launches and the car(s) mysteriously disappear. Now, the parties involved have to re-negotiate new terms for the car(s) affected, if that's even a possibility.

As for your Game Pass comment, I haven't spent a penny more than the $24.99 for the FH5 Premium Upgrade so I'm unsure where you're "$40-60" figure comes from.
The Premium Add-ons for FM not8 are $39.99. The UK amount is £29.99 which for once is not a rip off on conversion 👍

The "cut content" argument may be considered to apply to those cars that were shown in the initial trailer and listed in the initial car list, but are now "not available at launch", IF they appear as DLC. But that's hardly indicative of the rest of the content being the same.

Last edited:
The photomode on pc on all previous Forza games don't have enhanced graphics like other games, the only thing that it does is supersampling 8K to 4K or 4k to 1080p. Photomodes purpose in Forza is not for enhancing the graphics, its to take shots that are not possible with gameplay pov and give the players more freedom with extra control over dof, color temp,.....

28803827567_8df9fbbb73_o.png

29823083278_4bca671ce9_o.png

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-17-09.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-17-33.jpg
The screen you posted are not even photo mode worthy.

These shots are:

The screen you posted are not even photo mode worthy.

These shots are:
Its not about been photomode worhty or not its about the difference between gameplay and photomode which there is none outside the supersampling like i said. And if you want to see photomode worhty shots you are free to check Forza's photomode threads, there are super talented guys that have 1000's of amazing shots.

I'm going to be the one that throws the monkey wrench into this comment section.

Is it me or does the car list seem severely lacking of road cars. And is it me or does it seem like there's only a handful of cars that come in before 2010?

Concerning it is.

Its not about been photomode worhty or not its about the difference between gameplay and photomode which there is none outside the supersampling like i said. And if you want to see photomode worhty shots you are free to check Forza's photomode threads, there are super talented guys that have 1000's of amazing shots.
That is the point the screenshot they have released are not PC shots these are photo mode aka bullshots there can be few exception I have seen one that had aliasing. Moreover there are many games on pre released trailer, screenshot that on PC as well had to be downgraded

That is the point the screenshot they have released are not PC shots these are photo mode aka bullshots there can be few exception I have seen one that had aliasing. Moreover there are many games on pre released trailer, screenshot that on PC as well had to be downgraded
In-game, Forza isn't too far from photomode.

Forza Horizon 5 6_17_2023 10_57_35 PM.png
Forza Horizon 5 6_17_2023 10_58_39 PM.png

This is PC extreme settings at 4K in drone mode; used the windows gaming bar to take the screenshots.

How many of those games were claimed on screen to be in game graphics? If you're going to outright accuse Turn 10 of barefaced lies, at least wait until we see something of the finished product so you have something to back you up.

Also, I'm not sure how many times someone has to show you pics proving that the photomode in FM7 doesn't change or upgrade the in game graphics besides supersampling, so repeatedly saying "photo mode aka bullshots" isn't supported by the evidence shown so far on this thread.

You seem to be going to a lot of effort to rubbish a game which isn't even out yet but that you've presumably decided you're not going to play, largely on the basis of your opinion so far. I wonder why that is.

Last edited:
I'm going to be the one that throws the monkey wrench into this comment section.

Is it me or does the car list seem severely lacking of road cars. And is it me or does it seem like there's only a handful of cars that come in before 2010?

Concerning it is.
Early days yet,but fingers crossed we get some earlier models,R33,34,the usual suspects.lol

How do you know that? Do you work for Turn10 or are you just randomly saying things without any evidence to back it up.

Do you think that these are also bullshots then?
Forza-Motorsport-7-18-06-2023-19-34-54.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7-18-06-2023-19-13-27.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7-18-06-2023-19-11-39.jpg

I don’t know how Turn 10 do it but all F1 23 (and earlier titles) screenshots are done using bog-standard Photo Mode*.

I’ve take a few thousand of them since F1 2020.

* With some tiny time-saving dev stuff but no features that change image quality.

How do you know that? Do you work for Turn10 or are you just randomly saying things without any evidence to back it up.

Do you think that these are also bullshots then?
Forza-Motorsport-7-18-06-2023-19-34-54.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7-18-06-2023-19-13-27.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7-18-06-2023-19-11-39.jpg

These looks better than your previous gameplay shots but I can easily tell the difference between gameplay and photo mode, replay, trailers.
How many of those games were claimed on screen to be in game graphics? If you're going to outright accuse Turn 10 of barefaced lies, at least wait until we see something of the finished product so you have something to back you up.

Also, I'm not sure how many times someone has to show you pics proving that the photomode in FM7 doesn't change or upgrade the in game graphics besides supersampling, so repeatedly saying "photo mode aka bullshots" isn't supported by the evidence shown so far on this thread.

You seem to be going to a lot of effort to rubbish a game which isn't even out yet but that you've presumably decided you're not going to play, largely on the basis of your opinion so far. I wonder why that is.
May be because I can tell a difference between gameplay which is WIP than released photos, videos. If devs show real game in pre alpha, beta stages to the retail we can see real improvements. But they barely show us.

Last edited:
These looks better than your previous gameplay shots but I can easily tell the difference between gameplay and photo mode, replay, trailers.

May be because I can tell a difference between gameplay which is WIP than released photos, videos. If devs show real game in pre alpha, beta stages to the retail we can see real improvements. But they barely show us.
Jesus what are you even arguing anymore, and for what? You're all over the place here. First it was that it was very underwhelming, now you have sand in your panties because it looks like a GT scape. Pick one thing to stick to.

Last edited:
Jesus what are you even arguing anymore, and for what? You're all over the place here. First it was that it was very underwhelming, now you have sand in your panties because it looks like a GT scape. Pick one thing to stick to.
Gameplay video was and my point is gameplay does not look like the pre released shots and trailers even on PC with few exception.

Gameplay video was and my point is gameplay does not look like the pre released shots and trailers even on PC with few exception.
Yeah and my point is that you're literally complaining about both sides of the spectrum. First it was bad now its good and you don't want to believe it. At this point, it just looks like you're trying desperately hard to find something to point a finger at.

I'll let you all in on an industry secret: Most games' photo modes pump up the graphics quality settings a little, as framerate isn't as critical as it is during live gameplay.

I haven't checked if F1 does this, but the machine I capture on is capable of maxed out settings anyways.

Heck, Turn 10 (seem to) take their official screenshots in 8K and then downsample them to 4K, making them sharper than a raw 4K capture.

Last edited:
Heck, Turn 10 (seem to) take their screenshots in 8K and then downsample them to 4K, making them sharper than a raw 4K capture.
They do? I couldn't even get them to upload to their database in 4k for whatever reason, it was weird, though it was years ago during the release of FM7 or FM6. I ended up reverting to just using the Xbox screen shot function.

Last edited:
They do? I couldn't even get them to upload to their database in 4k for whatever reason, it was weird, though it was years ago during the release of FM7 or FM6. I ended up reverting to just using the Xbox screen shot function.
I think @turk1993 mentioned earlier that it's an option on PC.

I think @turk1993 mentioned earlier that it's an option on PC.
Ah, that would explain it then. Just odd though, because I'm fairly certain that the uploads directly from Xbox used to be 4k at one point, when you would pull them from their site.

I’m referring to the official screens in this context, back in the day (Forza Motorsport 4) we had the Big Shot exporting option which is probably similar (but stripped down).

In F1 you can take shots in Super Resolution, essentially stitching 9 or maybe even 16 4K images together. Each screenshot is like 300MB 😅

Last edited:
I’m referring to the official screens in this context, back in the day (Forza Motorsport 4) we had the Big Shot exporting option which is probably similar (but stripped down).

In F1 you can take shots in Super Resolution, essentially stitching 9 or maybe even 16 4K images together. Each screenshot is like 300MB 😅
Oh no I was too. I very much remember the big shots, just never got much use out of it as it seemed to take too long for my patience back then lol.

That sounds wild for F1, though!

Back