Forza Motorsport Update 6 Out Now: Car Progression Revamp, Combustion Tour, & More

A I seem to be better at the start and not bottle necking first corner. And senna Renault 98T coming to car pass mmm yes please some good cars coming too.

Good to see the car progression be massivly improved. It slowly getting better, but there is still a lot that needs to be changed before its a game i can see myself playing,

I can only assume that at the last minute, the licensing for the Spierling fell through. All the other cars that were leaked have arrived except the McMurtry. Or perhaps it was difficult for T10 to implement its handling characteristics and physics in the virtual world and decided on something more simple.
Would be good if T10 could clarify why it was dropped. Guessing they're hoping it will go under the radar undetected 😂

I'm looking forward to giving the revised AI a chance tonight. It sounds like a lot of frustration could be lost.
Also the fact that all parts are immediately available is great! Because there are already a few cars that are extremely undriveable in the stock version (like on ice), so you can change and customize the suspension right from the start so that it's fun to drive the cars again.
It's interesting that only a few cars are affected by this. I couldn't see the logic of which ones are affected.

If then the FOMO mechanics are removed, tours are permanently integrated and the extreme handling loss off the track becomes a bit more realistic...

I'm looking forward to giving the revised AI a chance tonight. It sounds like a lot of frustration could be lost.

I only had time for a couple of races last night, but it was night and day compared to the previous update, someone mentioned Hockenheim being problematic before, I raced this in the Audi showcase and had no trouble in lap 1 and ended up battling with 1st and 2nd for the win, certainly vastly improved over before.

Great update, just need a few more QOL updates to get it almost on par with Horizon:

Lack of Spacers/Poke is still putting me off wanting to take photos

And, Photomode lacking features from Horizon

Sort "My Cars" by "Newest Added"

McMurtry's logos and string references are still in the files, as well as a credits reference. They probably will release it next month.
I'm hoping they're saving it till the last batch as the most interesting of the remaining cars.

Also, maybe they're looking at its performance relative to the AMR Pro, which seems to perform strangely better in the game than it ought to. It isn't clear to me what the relative performance ought to look like, given that the AMR Pro has never been given a full speed run up the Goodwood Hill Climb, maybe it would be capable of breaking the McMurtry's record.

AI is great now. It seems like Turn10 added nemesis ai system: if I try to bomb out ai from the track, ai will try to do the same with me, and it's cool! But if I drive carefully AI drives carefully too and I spent many clean races yesterday. The start is not a problem anymore!
I think that turn10 made a great job with AI, I'm happy.

Great update, just need a few more QOL updates to get it almost on par with Horizon:

Lack of Spacers/Poke is still putting me off wanting to take photos

And, Photomode lacking features from Horizon

Sort "My Cars" by "Newest Added"
Another would be to individually change the units for horsepower, torque, weight and speed.

Other than the removal of come-and-go mechanics, a few QOL features I would like to see returning from the Xbox 360 era would be the ability to select manufacturer colors on rental cars, as well as to do basic set-up tuning based on the car's stock form.

Last edited:
AI is indeed significantly better after the Update 6 but still needs to learn how to overtake (especially traffic in multi-class races). And opponents could still collide each other less frequently. Even that poor AI in GT7 seems better in those two aspects ;)

AI definitely feels a lot better. The top 3 cars still absolutely **** off at the start but after lap one they slow down to a more realistic pace and you can start to catch them, and the midfield is slightly less chaotic than at launch. I still find the AI are either way too aggressive (I.e. Absolutely sending it up the inside from four miles away with absolutely zero regard for your existence) or too timid (I.e. They won’t go for an overtake even if you completely miss the apex and leave the door wide open), with not enough in between, and I still get taken out by absent-minded cars from time to time

The A.I. is better but, they need to learn how to pass the player. I just ran a 25-lap race on Road America in Freeplay and I had the A.I. set to level 6. Of course, the majority of the A.I. was way behind me by at least 36 seconds, but there was one A.I. that was in my hair for the entire race. It did pass me a couple of times, but that was when I completely botched a turn, and it went sailing by on the following straight. It never passed me on any of the turns though, and a few times it had a beautiful run on me, while I was fighting with my TH8A (The ramps feel a bit weird. It might be time to replace it). In the end, the car got along side of my car and then slammed on the brakes as if it were chickening out.

I hope they fix this, because even in a massive pack, the A.I. would rather drive off the track and into a barrier than to pass on a turn. It made the challenge of negotiating the pack into a trivial exercise.

Also, they don't seem to use fuel or use up tires. They ran the entire 25 laps without stopping for fuel or tires. I at least stopped for fuel and managed to stay ahead of the pack by 7 seconds. The car I was tangled with was out in front by about 45 seconds. I had 10 laps to catch them. I wanted to put down some fast laps and make up the difference when they pitted. But they never did. Instead, they slowed down a lot, until I was within striking distance, and then they resumed fighting me (along with pass-on-turn-phobia). I guess I need to force them to pit on my next long-ish race...

Also, there may be some more balancing to look into. All but one of the AI were awfully slow. Yes, I was racing on level 6, and they proved to be challenging to catch, but once I got within a car length on them, they slowed down and turned off track. That was disappointing.

The A.I. is better but, they need to learn how to pass the player. I just ran a 25-lap race on Road America in Freeplay and I had the A.I. set to level 6. Of course, the majority of the A.I. was way behind me by at least 36 seconds, but there was one A.I. that was in my hair for the entire race. It did pass me a couple of times, but that was when I completely botched a turn, and it went sailing by on the following straight. It never passed me on any of the turns though, and a few times it had a beautiful run on me, while I was fighting with my TH8A (The ramps feel a bit weird. It might be time to replace it). In the end, the car got along side of my car and then slammed on the brakes as if it were chickening out.

I hope they fix this, because even in a massive pack, the A.I. would rather drive off the track and into a barrier than to pass on a turn. It made the challenge of negotiating the pack into a trivial exercise.

Also, they don't seem to use fuel or use up tires. They ran the entire 25 laps without stopping for fuel or tires. I at least stopped for fuel and managed to stay ahead of the pack by 7 seconds. The car I was tangled with was out in front by about 45 seconds. I had 10 laps to catch them. I wanted to put down some fast laps and make up the difference when they pitted. But they never did. Instead, they slowed down a lot, until I was within striking distance, and then they resumed fighting me (along with pass-on-turn-phobia). I guess I need to force them to pit on my next long-ish race...

Also, there may be some more balancing to look into. All but one of the AI were awfully slow. Yes, I was racing on level 6, and they proved to be challenging to catch, but once I got within a car length on them, they slowed down and turned off track. That was disappointing.
I've noticed similar AI behavior in the turns as well. If we're side by side on the straight, or I'm in their slipstream, I'll take the inside line into the turn and make myself a bit "wide" to complete the pass cleanly. There's no contact, and the AI should either fall in behind me, or criss cross and get me on the exit. Instead, I look in my mirror and there's no one there!

I go watch the replay to see what happened, afraid that I crashed them out by mistake. Nope. Turns out that they chicken out, drive into the grass, and then wait for a bunch of other AI before rejoining the track. Apparently they'd rather run off track and voluntarily give up 8 places than battle in a turn.

Back