Forza Motorsports Showdown

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diablomonkey
  • 22 comments
  • 1,895 views
Messages
834
Tonight the fist episode of Forza Motorsports Showdown aired on the Speed Chanel, and well I was a little surprised at a few things. Fist was the fact that I though that actual people who had been playing the game where going to be racing and it turns out that they have people who race on a normal bases (ex. Ken Gushi, and one other guy who raced in the IRL (I forgot his name :ouch: )) and then surprise number two was how IMO uneven the cars are, I mean you got a Corvette and a Mustang and a Camaro up agents two 350Z. But the thing that got me the most worked up was the road race where Ken in his 350Z was on the ass of the kid driving the Corvette and this kid was clueless in that vette, Ken was all over him and even resorted to cutting two corners just because when he moved in on the inside the kid came down on him so he couldn't pass, not to mention that when Ken did get around him on the strait away the vette passed him, but Ken stayed with him right until the end and going across the finish line Ken was only one car length behind and what makes that sooooooo sweet is that the 350Z has only 287HP and the vette has 500hp.


I would rather have the 350Z than the Corvette any day.


So feel free to share your opinions with us I know that I am interested in knowing what the rest of you though about it. 👍
 
What the heck was up with all the car trouble? You'd think that the cars wouldn't break down like that.
 
Hopefully it gets put up on youtube since we don't have it over here.
 
OK so this weeks episode was much better IMO, but there where some things that I didn't like. For example the teams get points depending on where they place in the events and you can use those points to "buy" upgrades for your car, but they don't tell you how many points the upgrades cost. And second the kid in the corvette needed to shut his mouth, he says that he is a good driver and yet hasn't even ever done a dough nut and didn't know how. I thought that it was funny watching everyone try to drift and some of them just rolled through the course and didn't try that much to even drift, but I do commend them for going out there and giving it a go. Hell the guy in the Camaro did a good job for someone who has never drifted before. And did anyone think it was odd that when they gave out trophies that they didn't mention the Auto X?
 
Did the classic cars win anything this week?
 
Quite an interesting show, not sure how even all the cars are against each other though. Angela Cope is quite the driver, fastest down the 1/4 mile and was running some of the fastest laps on the road course after her car trouble. She probably had a good chance of winning the road course race if she didn't have those problems. She's also quite attractive to boot.:)
 
I was looking forward to this show because somehow I thought it would be cool. I'd get to see Forza 2 stuff and cool cars but all I got was another stupid ass reality show like Pinks. Instead it features Ms. wannabe Paris Hilton beating almost everyone and a moron in a Vette that barely wins. I hate drifting but I'd go with Ken even though he's got the slowest car because he's the only one that could probably really drive. Ironically... :rolleyes:
 
Caught the first episode on YouTube...I'm not impressed.

What on earth does Forza 2 have to do with a bunch of amateur/somewhat-seasoned professional drivers zooming around in a frustratingly random and illogical selection of cars? Oh, that's right -- marketing, and tricking the public into thinking Forza 2 is realistic by associating it with real driving, when it'll likely be as unrealistic as the first one.

Several of the personalities on the show are downright annoying, too -- particularly "Mr. Hollywood" and his big mouth, as well as the team manager who's an asshole and won't get off the Vette kid's back about being relatively young and inexperienced. All of the "reality" TV drama and friction is :rolleyes:-worthy. In fact, the only people I really like so far are Ken Gushi (I already liked him before even seeing this show, although I was a bit put off by his temper in the race against the 'Vette) and the other 350Z driver (because I feel sorry for him and his terrible driving skills).

The best drivers are Cope and Gushi by far, but I agree with DWA on the "Paris Hilton wannabe" assessment -- she'd be much more attractive and less skanky if she didn't have the make-up and nails.
 
Caught the first episode on YouTube...I'm not impressed.

What on earth does Forza 2 have to do with a bunch of amateur/somewhat-seasoned professional drivers zooming around in a frustratingly random and illogical selection of cars? Oh, that's right -- marketing, and tricking the public into thinking Forza 2 is realistic by associating it with real driving, when it'll likely be as unrealistic as the first one.

Several of the personalities on the show are downright annoying, too -- particularly "Mr. Hollywood" and his big mouth, as well as the team manager who's an asshole and won't get off the Vette kid's back about being relatively young and inexperienced. All of the "reality" TV drama and friction is :rolleyes:-worthy. In fact, the only people I really like so far are Ken Gushi (I already liked him before even seeing this show, although I was a bit put off by his temper in the race against the 'Vette) and the other 350Z driver (because I feel sorry for him and his terrible driving skills).

The best drivers are Cope and Gushi by far, but I agree with DWA on the "Paris Hilton wannabe" assessment -- she'd be much more attractive and less skanky if she didn't have the make-up and nails.

But it is a good thing if a racer has some anger as long as they keep it in the car and don't take someone out on the track. It just shows that they are an aggressive driver, and I know that when I am racing and get angry I tend to get faster lap times.
 
whatver keeps you focused :D if i get angry at someone (they show me little respect), i fight harder and take more risks involving taking them out.

i'll be sure to check this show out tomorrow on youtube. :)
 
But it is a good thing if a racer has some anger as long as they keep it in the car and don't take someone out on the track. It just shows that they are an aggressive driver, and I know that when I am racing and get angry I tend to get faster lap times.

Hell, it can be a good thing even if they take someone off (Senna Prost anyone?) :sly:

What they really needed in this show was a rally driver, preferably instead of the prat in the Corvette but I suppose that Gushi is the nearest to one. The events seem oddly boring to watch (I've seen the first 2 through youtube) with the Vette winning everything and the drifter winning the drift event. Wouldn't take any of them on in a serious race team though lol.
 
This show is a step up for video game-inspired television and other media. It used to be that shows and movies based on games were terrible. I credit the crew behind this show for what they did. Bring Forza to life. I'd be very interested in a Gran Turismo-themed show, but remember that I respect Forza for what it is. They could have rubbed it in us to go with a Ferrari of some sort among the six cars. For the most part, I'm very interested in this show. The finale is coming up. I almost kind of wished the program could have had some Forza machines competiting as support series for major races. Imagine if Forza Motorsport Showdown did a support race on the streets of Long Beach before the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. Or imagine a Forza-themed support race before the Petit Le Mans. Get eight hard-tuned cars to compete and race hard.

Otherwise, this is a wonderful show. Just hate it has to be over so quickly. Even before the show debuted on Speed, I read it was going to be only four episodes and hosted by Lee Reherman (former host of old G4 show: "Arena"). It's a very nice show. I kind of wonder what it's like to be in that trailer instead of the hotel. ^_^ :lol:
 
OK well once again the corvettes power saved their ass. I would have loved to see them race in the rain, because then the driver skill and suspension set up would be the most important factors. But no... So now I am looking forward to next week because I slowed down the preview for next week and its like Angela Cope's Mustang and Ken Gushi's 350Z hit each other, I don't know if the mustang gets loose and comes down and hits the 350Z or the 350Z gets under the mustang and hit the rear corner.

I can't wait!! GO KEN!!!!!
 
Just watched the first 2 eps and i liked it. Still confused as to what it has to do with Forza, i'm thinking the same as Wolfe on this one i.e. it's poorly disguised marketing ploy.

Still the show is interesting. It's great to see a show with car modification that isn't Pimp My Ride and i like how there's a good mix of events. I wasn't even put off by how over the top the whole show is (heavy rock music, slow mo camera effects, dramatic voice-over etc.), so will most def. try and catch the rest of the series as it unfolds.
 
I'm calling the vette driver Napoleon Dynamite from now on. :lol:
 
Hmm I believe tonight is the last episode. It's a shame there was only a total of 4 episodes.
 
Yay... one more day of Napoleon crying and Gigliotti's ego.
 
Wow, that was a crazy last race. Congrats to Cope for winning the whole thing. So is there gonna be another one of these? They were hinting that this wasn't the last Forza Motorsports showdown on this last episode.
 
thx for the spoiler lol :p
 
I think Speed would have been better off showing American Idol. The last episode was a joke.
 
Back