• 20 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Welcome, first off, to Forza Planet. I haven't gotten to say that yet, but I hope this flourishes much the same way GTP has become the go-to unofficial source of all things Gran Turismo.

Now, for those that don't know me, I spent most of my time over at the home planet doing Photomode stuff. Specifically, Photomode Competitions. It's a basic formula we've had in place since all the way back in '05, with GT4, and it works quite nicely.

Basically, the first two weeks will not have a theme at all - you'll be able to shoot whatever, and however, you like! The competition typically runs until the following Sunday, at which point the poll is created for all eligible entries. While the poll goes up, the next week's competition goes up as well. So each week after the first, you'll see both a poll, and an open thread. Simple.

When you win a poll, you then provide a theme to the hosts, and that will be the next week's theme. Week 1 Winner picks Week 3's theme, etc etc. As the judge for that week, you also get the (dubious, difficult) job of picking the poll at the end of your theme's week. We'll be playing around with the poll size a bit (it's 25 for the main competition on GTP), due to our smaller community, but basically, you've gotta make some tough decisions. It should be understood that the judge's decision is final, however. This setup has been stuck with because, while it isn't perfect, and people will occasionally complain, it gives winners something to do, and having a "judges panel" doesn't do anything to eliminate bias, we've found. Besides, this is all for fun, right?

Well... yes and no, since there will be prizes involved :P

Anyways, I could go on, but for now, if you have questions, first, check out the GTP section to get an idea of what to expect. At first, we are bringing the normal PMC and 2.0 competitions over, and Terronium-12, Scaff, and I will be taking care of hosting duties in various levels. If your questions aren't answered over there (specifically in this very detailed FAQ), ask away here, and I'll answer any enquiries. Forza is ran a bit different from GT, so we will probably have to make some sort of changes, undoubtedly.

We're looking forward to seeing what the community is capable of!

:cheers:

I will be entering, from time to time.

----

What I want to see used, from GTPlanet:

*PMC
*PMC 2.0
*C.C.C.L
*Photomode Tournament

Can't wait for this, only entered 2 competitions in Forza 3 and won both rounds :D

And Photoshop competitions too. Some really amazing stuff was created from GT5 and Photoshop. Could also give us an Idea on how Forza would look like in the rain and night, like we've all been waiting.

Add some livery competitions also :P

These are in the works as well, though we're trying to hammer down details of exactly how we'd do it. It'd be a shame not to take advantage of the feature, though!

And Photoshop competitions too. Some really amazing stuff was created from GT5 and Photoshop. Could also give us an Idea on how Forza would look like in the rain and night, like we've all been waiting.

Due to the small turnout size of a typical Photoshop week in GT5, and our obviously much-smaller community right now, the Photoshop competition is on the back-burner, but as soon as a fair amount of interest shows (and more people are into the game), I see no reason to not bring it over here too, agreed! We would possibly need a host for it too; I'll be doing 2.0 here for sure, and some other as-yet-unnamed projects, but I'm still doing the weekly PMC and 2.0 over on GTP!

I'd like to enter, too, although I'm pretty sure it will be to no avail :D Anyways, I'd like to gather some experience, so I'll try my very best 👍

Count me in...if the upload of photos works of course, currently its having some issues.

👍

Thanks buddy. :D Its been a while indeed. Hope to see you on the competitions too Alex 👍

I never tried this in GTP but I might give it a shot here. Never been much of a photographer but I have been wanting to learn. This will give me some practice.

Back