• 19 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
forza_gfinity_headerporsche_a_B41whHi.jpg

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/recreation/leaderboards

----------

Welcome to the ForzaRC Recreation Series

Unlike the Elite series the Recreation Series takes place on Forza Horizon 3!

You only need to reigster once to be eligble for all the challenges

• Week 1 Qualifier – 5/1-7
  • 2012 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)
  • Grand Tour Sprint

• Week 2 Qualifier – 5/8-5/14
  • 1987 959
  • East Suburbs Circuit

• Week 3 Qualifier – 5/15-5/21
  • 2012 911 GT2 RS
  • 3 Bridge Circuit

• Week 4 Theme - 5/22 – 5/28
  • 2003 Carrera GT
  • Cross City Sprint

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/recreation/rules

----------

1. General Rules
1.1 Game Chat
All attempts to contact an ForzaRC official must be done through the Gfinity.net Website. We do not take responsibility if attempts made through other channels including support tickets as they are not seen in time to be handled.

1.2 Disputes
Disputes must be made as soon as possible, or they may be ignored depending on the circumstances. The replay file needs to be provided.

1.3 Decisions
Decisions outside the Rulebook - Admins have the right to decide outside or even against the rulebook in special cases to guarantee fair play.

1.4 Betting
No betting is allowed under any circumstances.

1.5 Unsportsmanlike Behaviour
Any offensive, disrespectful or unsportsmanlike behaviour (including but not limited to insults and physical violence) connected to the event will be punished and can lead to disqualification.

1.6 Changes to the rulebook
Gfinity is allowed to change rules in the existing rulebook at any time.

1.7 Mandatory registration on Gfinity.net
Every Driver that takes part in the Forza Racing Championship Season 3 Grand Finals must be registered on the Gfinity.net Platform.

1.8 Equipment
Drivers are responsible for their own hardware and internet connection. Matches will not be rescheduled due to technical issues.

2. On track rules
2.1 In-game
2.1.1 Illegal Actions
Any actions that result in an unfair advantage are illegal. Race etiquette rules will be enforced in all Elite Series matches. Intentional damage including, but not limited to;

ringing
faking
obstruction of other vehicles
ramming
cutting tracks
doing any of the following may result in immediate forfeit of participation and prizing for a period of 12 months. The violation of race etiquette will be at the sole determination of Turn 10 and Gfinity with a valid replay.

2.1.2. Track behaviour
As the ForzaRC is a serious racing championship, on track behaviour has to be in line with the sportsman-like behaviour and appropriate clean racing. Therefore, we will punish following behaviour but not only limited to:

Purposely crashing and corner-cutting, vulgarity in game chat, attempting to cause disruptions to your own benefit in online lobbies, etc.

For the avoidance of doubt, Purposely Crashing can be caused by a Drivers loss of control of their vehicle, for example this can include but is not limited to; Crashing into a wall, over or understeer.

2 wheels have to remain in between the white (sometimes yellow) lines defining the track. Curbs are NOT part of the track, so 2 wheels have to be on the tarmac at every time. This does not apply to situations in which it happens occasionally but as soon as this is your racing line or you get an advantage with doing it, it can be penalized.

You are allowed to block a line in front of a corner once, plus getting back to your racing line. Zigzag style is not allowed

2.1.3 Penalties
Time penalties will be given to Drivers who break race etiquette. These time penalties are set as 5 seconds by default but may vary based on the severity of the incident. As per any article in this rulebook, the head marshal will have the final call on the time penalty given to the offender.

2.1.4. Rivals qualification in game
Laps are considered as clean/valid if the game marks them as valid

2.1.5. Track order
Tracks can be found under ‘Key Information’

3. Conduct
3.1 Consequences
If any article in the rulebook is broken a standard formal procedure will take place as punishment. The procedure is as follows.

Warning 1 (Verbal Warning)
STRIKE (10 Second Time Penalty)
Waring 2 (Additional 5 Second Time Penalty)
STRIKE (Disqualification)
For example, Warnings are given but not limited to; cutting corners and crashing into an opponent. Strikes can be handed out without warning for purposely crashing into an opponent or purposely breaking race etiquette.

For the Avoidance of doubt, Warnings & Strikes can be given out both during and outside an ongoing match, for example during the adjudication process.

4. Game Media
All game media (screenshots, replays, etc.) must be kept for at least 14 days. Faking or manipulating game media is of course forbidden and will result in severe penalties. Game media should be named clearly based on what it is. It is not possible to file a protest or write a support ticket to complain about bad game media naming. However, if an admin is hindered in their work because of bad game media names then it can be punished for.

4.1. Replays
Every Driver who wants to participate in the final needs to let the game upload his fastest lap time in the rival’s mode.

5. General Conditions
5.1. Indemnity
By entering, Drivers agree to abide by these Official Rules; and to release and hold harmless Microsoft Corporation, Turn 10 & Gfinity (together “Sponsors”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Tournament or any prize won.

5.2. Cancellation
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Tournament, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Tournament. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error.

5.3. Publicity
By accepting a prize, Driver agrees that Sponsors may use their proper name and location of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Tournament, without payment or compensation, except where prohibited by law.

6. Miscellaneous
The rules are open to many different interpretations. The only interpretation, which matters, is the interpretation of the Admin team. We reserve the right to modify the rules at any time. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, and any other change deemed necessary by the league. You must understand that the rules listed are guidelines to try and ensure fair and competitive play, and they will be applied by officials based on the spirit of the game. Teams should check the rules prior to any event to ensure they are in compliance. They should also keep an eye on the website as changes will be announced on the website. You must be familiar with the current rule set

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/recreation/handbook

----------

Too much text to copy here, but it's basically an expansion of the rules mentioned above + some legal clarifications.

Prizes

Each week, the following prizes will be given to the drivers finishing in the respective position. Please note, drivers who participate in the Elite Series and are in the top 100 within the race leaderboard for their region, or the top 100 global rivals leaderboards are not eligible for Recreation Series prizes.

Place

Prize

1st

$300 Digital Gift Card for Xbox and Windows

2nd

$200 Digital Gift Card for Xbox and Windows

3rd

$100 Digital Gift Card for Xbox and Windows

4th-25th

$25 Digital Gift Card for Xbox and Windows

Last edited:
Looking specifically at the cars required for these events:

• 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)
    #Forzathon reward car: April 14-17

• 1987 Porsche 959
    #Forzathon reward car: April 21-24

• 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
    Unknown

• 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
    Unknown

Only manage to pull off a 2:21.808. Just a little tail happy for me in some turns lol.

I think this was a reasonable run - it's not perfect but I'm still pretty happy with it. If I was a little braver through the off-road section and the S bends near the end I think I could easily get a 2:18, possibly a 2:17 with enough runs.

Screenshot_79.png

EDIT: Anyone else getting frustrated at the collision detection on the turn just going onto the bridge after the off-road section? The game thinks I'm bumping into the inside barrier when in reality I'm about 2ft clear of it...

EDIT 2:

Screenshot_80.png

Gonna aim for 2:16 later. Made some mistakes on this run (wasn't paying attention and took a horrible line through the S bends again), and I got an invalidated 2:17.1 earlier so I know there's still room for improvement. (Also here come the... glitchers? Modders? in their X class hypercars...)

Last edited:
You only need to reigster once to be eligble for all the challenges
sic

By creating a Gfinity account on forzarc.gfinity.net and linking your Live this is fulfilled, right? Since ESL required an explicit entry to each series.

sic

By creating a Gfinity account on forzarc.gfinity.net and linking your Live this is fulfilled, right? Since ESL required an explicit entry to each series.
I believe linking your Xbox account to your Gfinity account is all you need to do for recreation.

For what it's worth, the Top 25 in each Rivals event get prizes, so that's your target. Some prizes may pass down if players above you didn't register, or if they hit the Top 100 in their region in the Elite series.

Gonna aim for 2:16 later. Made some mistakes on this run (wasn't paying attention and took a horrible line through the S bends again), and I got an invalidated 2:17.1 earlier so I know there's still room for improvement. (Also here come the... glitchers? Modders? in their X class hypercars...)

I believe that's an accidental glitch caused by some connection issues when a driver completes an Online Adventure. I've seen it before in other Rivals events and read a bit yesterday about a user it happened to.

As for the event itself I've only done my first run this morning but I know I can get a few more seconds out of it.

25886bb7-60c1-47eb-a717-9c71d189be44.PNG

This is where I'm at currently, found 4 seconds.

@Sutuki is slayin' it though, currently #3 :gtpflag:
Got any tips, or is it simply a case of maintaining momentum throughout the entire run?

@Sutuki is slayin' it though, currently #3 :gtpflag:
Got any tips, or is it simply a case of maintaining momentum throughout the entire run?

I feel I've focused more on getting good corner exit speeds than maintaining momentum...

Other than that, I don't really have any tips. Don't let the car slide at all, be smooth, abuse the track limits as much as you can? :lol:

I managed to get down into the 2:22.9xx range. Doubt I'm going to get much quicker.

Improved by a few tenths this morning, in the low 2:15s now.

Top 25 is now a 2:13; it'll take a lot of effort to gain those 2 seconds as I seem to have reached my limit.

@Sutuki is 9th.

That's the best I can do; I can improve on certain corners but not enough to string a perfect run together.

1.7 seconds away from the prize money, hopefully I get a little closer next week.

That car's fun to drive though, and Turn 10 picked a good route for this Rivals event.

Retired with a 2:16 flat, 117th global. Also encountered the random apex collisions at the left turn onto the bridge, but generally the checkpoints on this route have been very generous and it's a fun course. Still prefer lap races for rivals since it's easier to practise all track sections equally.

MSWGR posted his lap earlier and it's very impressive, 2:11/9th driven on keyboard. I wonder how much framerate alone helps.

That keyboard lap was mighty :nervous:

GFinity have posted the leaderboard for Week 1's event:

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/recreation/leaderboards/week-1

Code:
POSITION    PLAYER NAME    GAMER TAG    TIME
#1    JSR Rayzer JDM    JSR Rayzer JDM    02:08.595
#2    SPGP hectorST    SPGP hectorST    02:09.163
#3    FcT Jimka    FcT Jimka    02:09.696
#4    iiREDL1NE    iiREDL1NE    02:10.164
#5    Fujiwara Bunta    Fujiwara Bunta    02:10.626
#6    agent oo31    agent oo31    02:10.764
#7    Yudofu    T0fuSlayer    02:10.865