Forza Vs. Gran Turismo Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the latest issue of Game Informer, a Gran Turismo Review concluded a 9.25/10. Their only complaint was that it wasn't innovative enough. They felt that Gran Turismo 4 is just a remake of 3, as they were not impressed by the Photomode and B-Spec. Yet this was followed by how much they adored the new graphics and how 711 cars was awsome.

Over the weekend I tried a demo for Forza on Xbox. In my opinion, it has absolutly NOTHING on GT4. I was not impressed by the graphics as they are very similiar to PGR2 and Gran Turismo 4's are utterly amazing. Also, the physics engine felt very strange to me. It seemed like a combination of PGR2's and SRS's physics combined, and it was difficult to control. The customization and Ferrari/Lambo exotics will probably be the games only srong points, which doesn't matter as they will have no Photo mode to my knowledge and I can play NFSHP2 if I want Ferraris and Lambos. HAHA. One thing that was cool was the damage effects. I charged a wall @ around 150 in a 360 and not only did the metal cruch in a realistic manner, but the paint chip off all over, the glass spidered and control was noticably less.

Anyway so there is my report on GT4 and my opinion on Forza. Overall, here's what Polyphony Digital should tell Forza "Can't touch this! da da da dut da dut da dut can't touch this."

lol i'm a big GT4 fan aint there enough of these damn posts already so ****ing wot, ps2 has a driving sim and now xbox does fecking hell cant u leave it at that????

bringtherain
In the latest issue of Game Informer, a Gran Turismo Review concluded a 9.25/10. Their only complaint was that it wasn't innovative enough. They felt that Gran Turismo 4 is just a remake of 3, as they were not impressed by the Photomode and B-Spec. Yet this was followed by how much they adored the new graphics and how 711 cars was awsome.

Over the weekend I tried a demo for Forza on Xbox. In my opinion, it has absolutly NOTHING on GT4. I was not impressed by the graphics as they are very similiar to PGR2 and Gran Turismo 4's are utterly amazing. Also, the physics engine felt very strange to me. It seemed like a combination of PGR2's and SRS's physics combined, and it was difficult to control. The customization and Ferrari/Lambo exotics will probably be the games only srong points, which doesn't matter as they will have no Photo mode to my knowledge and I can play NFSHP2 if I want Ferraris and Lambos. HAHA. One thing that was cool was the damage effects. I charged a wall @ around 150 in a 360 and not only did the metal cruch in a realistic manner, but the paint chip off all over, the glass spidered and control was noticably less.

Anyway so there is my report on GT4 and my opinion on Forza. Overall, here's what Polyphony Digital should tell Forza "Can't touch this! da da da dut da dut da dut can't touch this."

Spot the fanboy, while the majority of this does not strike me as the most unbiased comparison one thing did stand out:

BRINGTHERAIN
One thing that was cool was the damage effects. I charged a wall @ around 150 in a 360 and not only did the metal cruch in a realistic manner, but the paint chip off all over, the glass spidered and control was noticably less.

Sorry, you hit a wall at 150 (kph or mph) and the car is not going to drive away, let alone have noticably less.

Now I know that GT4 has no damage modeling at all, but as both RBR and TRD2 have damage modeling that would retire the car from a race given that kind of impact speed. In fact both would generally not require that high an impact speed to remove you from the race.

This has been one of my main fears with regard to Forza (a game I have been strongly thinking about getting an X-box for) and that was that the damage modelling was poorly implemented. To me it's almost as big an issue as no damage modelling at all.

Can anyone else confirm that a 150 kph or mph impact does not write a car off in Forza?

And this is in the photos and video galleries forum for what reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back