Forza WRS Round 3

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 18 comments
United States
Albuquerque, NM
Frizbe
Darth Frizbe
Forza42.jpg

Round Three will be held at Laguna Seca, The second comer should be treated as two separate (double apex) and be mindful of where the right front tire is landing while coming down the Corkscrew.

Laguna%20Seca%20Map.jpg

Free Race/Hot Laps
Circuit: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Cars: 2007 Mazda MX5 Roadster Coupe PI 350
Assists: Anything goes personal preference.
Transmission: Again personal preference.
Rules: The cars will be run with a P.I. of 350.
Anything which invalidates your lap (exclamation mark next to time) is not allowed.
Tuning is allowed where the cars allow, you may discuss and share setups and setup tips.

Do not discuss laptimes, you may discuss your split times but not laptimes.

PM me your best time, you have until 11:59 PM MST (-7 GMT) on the 4th of January to do this. I will accept only one laptime to save my inbox from confusion of having more than one time from people. If you could also state in your final PM if you are using a pad or a wheel.

Last edited:
I never get the braking points correct, and finally started getting the corner down when I treated it as a double apex.

Is this not stock anymore?

So I have to choose parts to get to 350PI, finding the best parts combo could take a long time together with tuning.

Whats wrong with using the hotlap stock cars in freeplay?

I'd like to join but don't want to spend 3 days finding the best parts to fit and seeing how each tune works with the part combos.

Is this not stock anymore?

So I have to choose parts to get to 350PI, finding the best parts combo could take a long time together with tuning.

Whats wrong with using the hotlap stock cars in freeplay?

I'd like to join but don't want to spend 3 days finding the best parts to fit and seeing how each tune works with the part combos.
Yeah that is how I planned it, but I assumed (oops) everyone had their own way of tunning a car. I personally alway do Race Suspension and Weight and then move on to fit better tires then power. This probably is not the fastest way around the track (in Forza at least) but I'm not too worried about winning the races, I'm just having fun. I do not plan on doing too many 'Spec' races, where you have to run one particular car upped to a certain PI, but I do plan on more PI based racing.

Yeah that is how I planned it, but I assumed (oops) everyone had their own way of tunning a car. I personally alway do Race Suspension and Weight and then move on to fit better tires then power. This probably is not the fastest way around the track (in Forza at least) but I'm not too worried about winning the races, I'm just having fun. I do not plan on doing too many 'Spec' races, where you have to run one particular car upped to a certain PI, but I do plan on more PI based racing.

Okay its just I didn't want to spend time adding this and that, and using up credits.

EDIT:

What menu do I select to run the car?

Do we run this in the test drive option? I can't find any other option unless I pick something from the event list. All others make you select the Standard car.

Test drive doesn't void your lap if you cut a corner.

Last edited:
So you're upset that this takes...effort? Events like this can help sort the good drivers from the good tuners (and if you're both - watch out!). I tried out two setups last night and one was full seconds faster than the other, and over a second faster on the first flying lap.

And for the menu, back out to the main menu and choose Free Run and then Hot Lap. That's how I did it anyway. The only difference is that you won't get tire wear and I believe damage is fully cosmetic. It'll also record to the leaderboard. But while you're tuning the car you may want to be doing it in Test Drive so you can tune on the fly.

Seems a bit strange to buy and build your car within the main part of the game, save the setup, then back out to the main screen, select a stock car then load the setup mid menu before selecting the track.

This game is still new to me and I thought the free run was for stock cars.

You don't load a stock car...

You go into your garage and pick that previously tuned car.

I see the grey garage icon in Free Play now. When you click on Free Play/Hot Lap you can push to the right and already be rapidly flicking through the manufacturers logos to select a car. You can make the grey garage icon on the left never appear everytime. If I wait for it to appear, my monitor is set for photomode and the grey garage icon is so faint on the white background unless you highlight it I probably wouldn't notice.

Still, when in Forza I'd expect to be able to select Hot Lap and use the car I'm in and not have to back out to the main menu and select Free Play and select the car from the garage that I just built and was already in. Again I used this Free Play on launch day once to try some cars and was flicking through the icons and was up to Chevrolet before they even show fully.

Anyway, enough of that.

What split times are you guys running?

time submitted. i only tried a couple different variations of my setup, but i think i found a combo of parts that balanced out pretty well. we shall see. :)

mx5-gtp.jpg

Back