Forza5 for a GT player

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 21 comments
Sweden
GOTHEBURG
Hi, if wrong forum correct me at once...i almost feel like a GT6/Forza 5 own forumthread for the confused buyers.

But now i know Forza 5 is coming with Xbox One. At the same time GT6 for PS3. Now i wonder what to do, im so confused.

I have PS3 and i really want to play GT6. But when i see that Xbox One is coming with Forza 5 i suddenly dont know what to do.
Wait for PS4 version of GT6 and skip the Xbox/Forza path or buy Xbox/Forza and skip GT6/PS4.

I know that after taking one path i wont have time to invest in both games, i have to choose.

Since this is a Forza forum i hope to get more Forza Pro replys so i choose Xbox path but i am really a PS/GT fan and it will break my heart if i choose wrong. What would you do? This is a really honest cry for help and i didnt Think sony and PD would make this crazy decision to release the GT6 for PS3 and put me in this situation. But now they did and in a way i want to punish them...but i guess i might find Forza to be my new homegame.

(E3 may answer more questions, but i think it still will be a question of new vs old Tech).

Hi, if wrong forum correct me at once...i almost feel like a GT6/Forza 5 own forumthread for the confused buyers.

But now i know Forza 5 is coming with Xbox One. At the same time GT6 for PS3. Now i wonder what to do, im so confused.

I have PS3 and i really want to play GT6. But when i see that Xbox One is coming with Forza 5 i suddenly dont know what to do.
Wait for PS4 version of GT6 and skip the Xbox/Forza path or buy Xbox/Forza and skip GT6/PS4.

I know that after taking one path i wont have time to invest in both games, i have to choose.

Since this is a Forza forum i hope to get more Forza Pro replys so i choose Xbox path but i am really a PS/GT fan and it will break my heart if i choose wrong. What would you do? This is a really honest cry for help and i didnt Think sony and PD would make this crazy decision to release the GT6 for PS3 and put me in this situation. But now they did and in a way i want to punish them...but i guess i might find Forza to be my new homegame.

(E3 may answer more questions, but i think it still will be a question of new vs old Tech).

Why do you have to skip GT6 if you buy an xbox one and FM5, you already have a PS3 don't you?

Well for me, being a player of both franchises, initially I am sticking with the PS3 and GT6 for a few reasons. One of them being I know my peripheral devices will work. People are now wondering if existing wheels will be compatible with the new xbox.

Secondly, I am not looking forward to dropping a lot of cash on a new system to play one game. I never want to buy new devices day one, just in case there are issues with them. GT6 is looking to be what GT5 should have been so now I am actually more eager to dive into it. It will be hard and super tempting to not play FM5 right away on the next gen console, but I don't mind waiting a bit.

I jumped on the Forza bandwagon in January, wish i had done it long ago. There's a ton more in Forza to keep me occupied than GT. I had pretty much stopped playing GT5 a year ago and tried playing in december and was bored out of my mind again with it. I've been playing GT since day one one on the PS1, but if reviews and complaints arise I will be skipping GT6. Seeing how PD has barely evolved the game play I just don't have confidence they can create something that will hold my attention.

I will be getting an xbox one but not at release. I want to see if there are any problems with the machine first. After that I will be diving in for FM5. If you have specific questions fire away.

What do you want to know about Forza??

I guess people who have gone from GT to Forza, do they miss something or is it ok? Will i be happy with the change + get a new generation racing game?

Regarding i have a PS3, yes i will still have it but i dont have time to play both games since i have kids, wife, job and so on. And i was all set for a new PS4 and GT6 on it. But then they dropped the news it will be on PS3.
Im buying a new console either way, ive been waiting for this many years but i was all set for PS4. Suddenly i just feel Xbox One with Forza is more interresting since it will really be a new game and more possibilities.

I jumped on the Forza bandwagon in January, wish i had done it long ago. There's a ton more in Forza to keep me occupied than GT. I had pretty much stopped playing GT5 a year ago and tried playing in december and was bored out of my mind again with it. I've been playing GT since day one one on the PS1, but if reviews and complaints arise I will be skipping GT6. Seeing how PD has barely evolved the game play I just don't have confidence they can create something that will hold my attention.

I will be getting an xbox one but not at release. I want to see if there are any problems with the machine first. After that I will be diving in for FM5. If you have specific questions fire away.

Thanks, this is what i hope to see more of :)
Im thinking online will be better on the new version and that is really important for me. Of coure i could wait as you to see how it all plays out, but i know i wont be able to hold back, i will need to buy one of them at releasedate :)

I miss nothing about GT5 except the ability to do endurance races, but PD's awesome AI made those extended time trials snore fest's. We don't know for sure yet but i'd say theres a good chance of endurance races being in FM5.

The ability to make and sell livery's, tunes and cars is great. It took me all of a few hours to adjust to the physics and control setup. Main thing for me is the game play is fun, i haven't had fun with a GT game since GT4 and I remember not finishing that because of burn out.

Thanks, this is what i hope to see more of :)
Im thinking online will be better on the new version and that is really important for me. Of coure i could wait as you to see how it all plays out, but i know i wont be able to hold back, i will need to buy one of them at releasedate :)

I love the FM4 online multi-class racing, especially the Forza Le Mans hopper. P1, P2, GT1 and GT2, I'm addicted to that hopper and spend any free time i can manage in there.

I've been playing both GT and FM for some time and for me the decision is easy. I will get GT6 for the PS3 and I will play that.

I have heard several alarming things about the new XBox that if true will stop me from buying it even though I would really like to play the new Forza [assuming of course they did not ruin it] It sounds like my Wheel and Pedals may not work with the new Xbox and I have saw hints that the game will be tied to your user profile which could pose all sorts of problems if you wanted to lend your game to a friend or maybe borrow one from a friend to check out before you buy or if you have more than one player in your house that would be using the Xbox.

I will have to take a wait and see approach and hope that info is wrong and that the new Xbox is not to pricey then maybe I will pick on up around Christmas but definitely pre ordering GT6 for the PS3

Keep the PS3 and play GT6. Then wait until an Xbox One price drop occurs, buy that, and play FM5. You'll get the best of both worlds since you'll have time to properly explore GT6 before diving into Forza.

In regards to which franchise is better, I can tell you that I think Forza is much better in terms of physics, car selection, modeling quality of said cars (with the exception of GT's premiums), and online features (Auction House, buying and selling liveries and tunes, Rivals mode, etc). These are criteria that matter most to me, which is why I prefer Forza to GT.

The best features on Forza over GT5 for me are
Leaderboards
Rivals Mode
being able to gift a tune over to your friends

Party Chat

Keep the PS3 and play GT6. Then wait until an Xbox One price drop occurs.

Unless the console flops I don't see that happening anytime in the first year of it being out. Even the 2nd year... unless they find out a more efficient way of manufacturing them.

I guess people who have gone from GT to Forza, do they miss something or is it ok? Will i be happy with the change + get a new generation racing game?

I'm an online player for the most part. Forza overall is better. It's even given me a few offline races I enjoyed. You can even select the entire field of AI you want to race by hand (although this paradoxically is under online mode and requires Xbox live).

Ironically though one thing I miss from GT is the player base. So far I've not be able to get serious racing in Forza. In GT I was easily able to take part in league races. Maybe it's because I was on GT5 for longer and much earlier, but I also think part of the problem is how Turn 10 built the game. They claim they're "for fun" but for some reason, this to them means CoD style quick races are really all you get. You can make your own rooms, but you really get boxed in because the car and tuning system is built around the premade race types Forza throws at you. It's a real shame considering the great physics, car selection, and racing rules you can implement.

Unless the console flops I don't see that happening anytime in the first year of it being out. Even the 2nd year... unless they find out a more efficient way of manufacturing them.

They cut the price of Xbox 360 after about a year and a half of it being on the market...and being he doesn't have much time on his hands supposedly (to the extent that he thinks he'll only be able to buy one or the other), I don't think he would mind waiting so long to buy FM5 (even if he only gets to play it for a few months before FM6 comes out).

You can make your own rooms, but you really get boxed in because the car and tuning system is built around the premade race types Forza throws at you.
???

When you make your own room you have full control. I've been doing it for a long time and can do many different ways. 1 lap around the ring in a old Beetle 5 laps in a GT race car or 20 laps around an oval or whatever

The hoppers are all premade and I have never liked the hopper concept. User lobbies are much better but since the hoppers are also there the number of user lobbies is less than I would like and is harder to find a good group to race with.

Was so much better on Forza 2

???

When you make your own room you have full control. I've been doing it for a long time and can do many different ways. 1 lap around the ring in a old Beetle 5 laps in a GT race car or 20 laps around an oval or whatever

Yes but whoever enters need to have a premade car/tune that fits your rules. Which will never happen unless you stick to the stupid A/B/C etc classes. Or maybe stock cars.

The hoppers are all premade and I have never liked the hopper concept. User lobbies are much better but since the hoppers are also there the number of user lobbies is less than I would like and is harder to find a good group to race with.
Yes this is what I mean. I think the online set up in Forza is pretty bad. It was a godsend to have the ability to make custom rooms though. The lack of them killed Forza 3 for me.

Was so much better on Forza 2
So I've heard.

Yes but whoever enters need to have a premade car/tune that fits your rules. Which will never happen unless you stick to the stupid A/B/C etc classes. Or maybe stock cars.
Yes I always use the class as part of the race criteria and sometimes that is all I use but other times I go with a bit more. Maybe B class Front Engine RWD max 500 HP No TC or maybe more and make it only allow American Muscle with those other restrictions. Sometimes I will just run the same thing a few times sometimes I will switch the track every race, sometimes the class sometimes both or just whatever I feel like.

The class system is not perfect but it does divide the cars up pretty well and there are quite a few possibilities when you get down to it.

Yes this is what I mean. I think the online set up in Forza is pretty bad. It was a godsend to have the ability to make custom rooms though. The lack of them killed Forza 3 for me.
You could make custom rooms in Forza 3 but could not make them open to the public and that hurt it a lot for sure. Gets old racing with the same guys all the time, nice to meet new people and have some unknown factor in the race.

So I've heard.
The big differences in online were
1: All lobbies were user created custom lobbies
2: There were 2 modes for lobbies
2A:Career [Ranked] which paid money, ranked players and did not allow any AI cars
2B:Exhibition [UnRanked] no money, no ranking, allows AI, can be restricted to invite only
3: Quick Match would throw you into a user created lobby and try to match you with players with similar ranking, not sure how well this worked as I did not use it
4: Search for race by class, by track and so on. worked much quicker than what they have in Forza 4
5: Able to tune while in the lobby before or between races

Everyone I know who played Forza 2 online agrees that it is the best of the bunch and many have gone back to playing Forza 2 or quit playing Forza completely, several did not bother to buy Forza 4 after the way they did Forza 3

The last item was a biggie for us as we used to go out and spend hours on a track racing and tuning between races. Much more fun that way than doing it on the test track and now of course you have to leave the race to make even a tiny adjustment then come back to try it in a lobby. That really needs to go back to the way it was.

The downside to Forza 2 online was the max of 8 cars on the track during a race

I went to Forza between GT4 & GT5 because of the delays, needless to say I sold the box and stuck with GT4 till GT5 released. Saw my buddy playing FM4 when it released, cars look good, but the physics didnt seem right...not even close, I may look into FM5, but have no hopes. I've been playing since GT1, I was 8 back then, i'm now 25. Very long time. Infact I just got my GT logo tatted on my left calf. Blue and Red.

The time changes and Spa are probably the two things I miss most about GT5, there is a lot of nice stuff in it but Forza4 won me over. I am anxious to see what GT6 is but I am disappointed at the prospect of standard cars in a brand new game, PD needs to do better.

Back