Forzavista | In Game Footage

• Thread starter HAL20XX
  • 22 comments
United States
The Motor City
HAL20xx
HAL20xx
[Full disclosure, I'm only creating a separate thread because the existing ones are all starting to blend in with each other. - Sincerely, OCD]

T10 uploaded the first glimpse at Forzavista. Not much of it is new considering it's the same footage they've been showing for a while. Surprisingly, that footage of what we've been seeing isn't some pre-rendered nonsense but actual in-game footage of Forzavista! Color me impressed.

Is anyone else skeptical that this will actually be available on all vehicles? I have a feeling that there's a nice big fat caveat that's hanging onto the end of the statement, such as none of the doors opening, but it puts the car into a much higher resolution mode.

Thats looking good Halo :)👍

Comments:

* Those tyres look REAL
* Reflections are out of this world
* That Paintjob is life-like
* The cut scenes and pans are a def improvement over the already awesome Autovista ones.

Dat Carbon
DJ1Zoar.jpg

Last edited:
The paint is what really impressed me in the first reveal and still does here. Looks so much like real lifelike metallic paint, never seen that before.

My biggest complaint with the paint is they went a little overboard on the orange-peel. There's no way in hell the new P1 would have ANY orange-peel.

My biggest complaint with the paint is they went a little overboard on the orange-peel. There's no way in hell the new P1 would have ANY orange-peel.

Quite the contrary, actually.

It probably wouldn't be as rough as the game is showing, but paint doesn't adhere to a surface perfectly - it just doesn't happen. The second it leaves the paint booth and is exposed to air, the deformities begin right then and there.

Holy crap! I stand corrected :lol:. My OCD would drive me absolutely nuts if my million dollar car had that!

I wonder if T10 is remodelling all cars from scratch this time. I mean, it would make sense, meaning all cars will have to be redone one by one, like GT5 did. Especially if you going to have all cars open there doors and such. :P

That's what I'm wondering. Outsourcing or not, that just seems unlikely given the current number of cars is well over 500.

It's not exactly hard. The cars in FM4 were completely modeled. T10 wasn't able to model the suspension visually so they left it out in FM4. T10 has everything for FM5 done basically from what I've seen. They just have to transfer. Ex: car models, tracks, other. The details weren't possible on the Xbox 360.

It's not exactly hard. The cars in FM4 were completely modeled. T10 wasn't able to model the suspension visually so they left it out in FM4. T10 has everything for FM5 done basically from what I've seen. They just have to transfer. Ex: car models, tracks, other. The details weren't possible on the Xbox 360.
Most of them were. Many were old ports from as far back as FM2.

They need to listen to their fanbase & start working on getting some new models for these old ports.
I wonder if T10 is remodelling all cars from scratch this time. I mean, it would make sense, meaning all cars will have to be redone one by one, like GT5 did. Especially if you going to have all cars open there doors and such. :P
I'm sorry, I must have missed in the details were 700 of the cars in GT5 were redone & not just ported.

"We now have Forzavista on all cars ... all the cars in Forza Motorsport 5 feature Forza Vista"

- Dan Greenawalt

I'm sorry, I must have missed in the details were 700 of the cars in GT5 were redone & not just ported.

When I said redone like GT5, I meant by for Forzavista, maybe T10 had too go from scratch to remodel every car again. Like say, to open there hood, truck and even roofs. Just my thoughts I wanted to share.

Not sure where you got ported from said game from my post. lol. :lol:

When I said redone like GT5, I meant by for Forzavista, maybe T10 had too go from scratch to remodel every car again. Like say, to open there hood, truck and even roofs. Just my thoughts I wanted to share.

He didn't get it from what you said, but from what PD actually did. You said that all of gt5's car where redone one by one, which obviously never happened.

You said, "all cars will have to be redone one by one, like GT5 did."

Where again did GT5 redo all the cars, one by one?

He didn't get it from what you said, but from what PD actually did. You said that all of gt5's car where redone one by one, which obviously never happened.

You said, "all cars will have to be redone one by one, like GT5 did."

Where again did GT5 redo all the cars, one by one?

Ohhh, sorry my mistake. :lol: I meant to to say "the premium cars had to be redone", not all cars. :P

And whos to say we haven't lost 50% or more of the car list?

I honestly wouldn't put it past T10 at this point.

So they announce they're not supporting weather and a dynamic day/night cycle and somehow you've extrapolated that to them removing cars from the roster?

Seriously?

"We now have Forzavista on all cars ... all the cars in Forza Motorsport 5 feature Forza Vista"

- Dan Greenawalt

Just saw IGN's interview where he said that, thats amazing!! And if they did, then hopefully they remodeled all of them from scratch, fixing all the cars that just looked wrong dating back to FM1.

Why are you guys talking about remodelling from scratch? The whole point of modelling cars the way they do, as multi-piece models is that they can be easily reworked and updated. They don't need to start from scratch every time they need higher details, they just rework the current models.

The reason PD had to start their premiums from scratch was because the standard cars were one peice mesh models, you can't just "update" those. T10 don't need to start from scratch just as PD won't need to start from scratch if they start modelling what's underneath their premium cars.

Why are you guys talking about remodelling from scratch? The whole point of modelling cars the way they do, as multi-piece models is that they can be easily reworked and updated. They don't need to start from scratch every time they need higher details, they just rework the current models.

The reason PD had to start their premiums from scratch was because the standard cars were one peice mesh models, you can't just "update" those. T10 don't need to start from scratch just as PD won't need to start from scratch if they start modelling what's underneath their premium cars.

This, that's a good to put it. Thanks Samus. :)👍

Back