Found a track with great shadows, Any more of them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kazuyam
  • 3 comments
  • 726 views
Messages
302
Messages
kazuyam
Maybe some of you already noticed but the shaders and shadow effects at Tzukuba Circuit are far superior to any other circuit. Detaillevel aswell

The shadows are sharp, jaggie free and the asphalt has got really nice detailed normal maps. I might even go this far to say that the whole image looks better, the cars have better reflections and so on.

Are there any other tracks with 'good, working, nice' shadows? Or is this the only one ?

Haven't found any other so far. Some tracks do have normal maps on the asphalt though, others just the typical glare. But shadows are always craptastic.

That would be great if PD could make all tracks look that fantastic (admitted, Tzukuba is a damn short track)
 
you damn right guy. I finished the bonus-race on Tzukuba last night. The shadows of the car are better than on any other track in the game.

I like to know why we have this nice graphics and shadows on this track only?
 
I'm not sure if others will agree, but I find Monza on a sunny day is just such a great track, the shadows, for me make a big difference. It just doesn't feel the same when it's raining or overcast.

But, I haven't got a high definition TV, so I'm not sure of the quality.

All I know is that it looks great for me.
 
I also noticed with my F1 Ferrari at Tsukuba, when I get into the sand, the tires will dig into it visually, just like in real world, and it needs some wheel spinning to get out. Maybe all tracks have this, maybe I haven't seen it elswhere because you can't see it on closed wheelers so easily.

Ontopic: I don't want to say, the shadows are the best in the world at Tsukuba. It can be still better. Soft shadowing, for example. But still better then what we have in the rest of the game, sadly.
Tsukuba looks like something from an arcade style racer, with just too many details all over the place, too much graphics effects, everything blown up artificially. But hell, it looks damn good.

What I also noticed, NO PIT CREW. OK, the box is damn short as well.
But, could this mean, good shadows only, instead of pit crew?
 
Back