FOUND: Eight GREAT Races!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 26 comments
  • 1,980 views
Messages
2,354
United States
Bastrop, TX
My current Favorite OLR Comp (Found HERE: ) has been a little slow on contributions the last few days :irked:...so I went looking for something else to do.

What I found was Eight Races versus mostly LMP/Grp C Cars with A-Spec points ranging from a low of 41 to a high of 164 with five of them featuring Margin Of Victories of less than 5 SECONDS!!! :eek:

The best news is that they're NOT Series Races...so you can do them one at a time or all at once. 👍 Also it's "Probably" possible to exit & re-enter to find higher A-Spec points. I have NO Idea why Laguna Seca was so LOW! :confused:

EXTREME HALL... "Real Circuit Tours" ​
with the NISSAN Xanavi Skyline JGTC '01 ​

I didn't take enough notes to bother with a write-up, plus readership has been a little low in that Forum lately :irked: but if you decide to run 'em & need any "Particulars" please feel free to "PM" me...O.G. :D
 
Thanks for the tip man, I´ll try it as soon as I get the Xanavi.
 
Oh man, I tried these in a Pescarolo/Judd C60 fully tuned and worth around 6 points. Turns out I could only win at Fuji (but the only other race I tried was Suzuka ...)
 
FatAssBR
Thanks for the tip man, I´ll try it as soon as I get the Xanavi.
You're Welcome! 👍
ANY of the JGTC500 Nissans or Toyotas are capable of winning this thing. The NSXs might be as well but I haven't yet driven them much in GT4 so I don't know for certain. I used the XANAVI because I had it left over from this Series.

GOOD LUCK!👍 ...O.G. :D
 
Nice find 👍, I'll be sure to give it a go tomorrow. I've been trying to find close races in other events with the road cars but the difference in the perfomance of the AI's cars that change often make it hard, the one make races arn't too difficult to get a nice close race going though, but they're usually too short.
 
Ugh, i hate the Real Circuit Tour series. I thought the AI was especially bad in this one. Usually, they just ignore you, but in this series, I seriously think that they were trying to wreck me. Bastards. Anyway, I'll give it a shot, too :)
 
I'm a bit away from unlocking Extreme Hall (not quite to 11% yet) but I'll give it a look when I get there, OG! Thanks for the tip.
 
Hmm...I vaguely remember speeding through these...didn't try it in an overmatched car though :) Is it harder than the Speedster races? Because lots of people thought those were hard but I didn't see the challenge :crazy:
 
should you add a turbo, or completely stock?

im going to do these as soon as possible.
 
JTSnooks
Hmm...I vaguely remember speeding through these...didn't try it in an overmatched car though :) Is it harder than the Speedster races? Because lots of people thought those were hard but I didn't see the challenge :crazy:
I agree! 👍 Although it's been a while, the only thing I remember as being really difficult about the Speedster races was ascertaining which mods were necessary to beat the other little buggers! :nervous:

I do NOT like to win races by "LAPS" or even by "Full Straight-Aways" actually. I'm always looking for combos that will yield 1/2 a car length victories "IF" I make NO mistakes! As to the XANAVI Races, I find it truly a "Shame" that we must use a lower class car in order to find a good race! :irked: I was so thrilled that the LMP/Grp C Cars were included in GT4 but it would have been more OUTSTANDING if some Challenging races had been devised for them! :trouble:

I'm just beginning to figure out the new "Arcade" function but I believe it to be the real "GEM" of GT4. With proper "adjustments" I think some really close racing can be found. Just gotta keep experimenting!

lzybm22
should you add a turbo, or completely stock?
I "Maxxed Out" the Nissan...888HP I think. Won the first race (Suzuka) with 25 Units of Ballast & lessened downforce from the last time I ran it at Circuit de la Sarthe. For the second round (Motegi Road Course) I had to lose the weight & max out the DownForce & still won by only 0.706 SECONDS! :eek:
...O.G. :D
 
I "Maxxed Out" the Nissan...888HP I think. Won the first race (Suzuka) with 25 Units of Ballast & lessened downforce from the last time I ran it at Circuit de la Sarthe. For the second round (Motegi Road Course) I had to lose the weight & max out the DownForce & still won by only 0.706 SECONDS!

:eek: :eek:

:lol: i might have to bust out the nitrous for these couple of races :sly: :sly:

im glad, because ive been waitng for races to use my xanavi skyline in, and i guess you found thosse races for me, old geezer. :dopey:
 
This is the series where the AI will lose their tires halfway through the second lap around the Nordschleife, so even if you are behind by a minute you can still win. Nice QA, PD!
 
Real Circuits is kind of weird one...

I found the Toyota 7 to be the most dangerous car here. I'd beware the 787B as well.
Why? Because, the game is using R4 tires, and the most dangerous Group C/LMP cars can't make it without pitting.
The Chapparal 2J worked really well. I'd have a nice difficult race going against the 92 and then... they'd have to pit and it was all over :indiff:

Sarthe was still hard.


Who was your main competition?


Yes, racing on the Ring in this series is hilarious.
I recommend competing against the *hardest* lineup you can find (92, 89, Minolta, Sauber), lose the Turbo and watch what happens :sly:
 
Old Geezer
I'm just beginning to figure out the new "Arcade" function but I believe it to be the real "GEM" of GT4. With proper "adjustments" I think some really close racing can be found. Just gotta keep experimenting!
Absolutely, you can get a good race win ANY car in GT4 through skillful use of the arcade mode and quick tune. or example, if you choose you're car, then choose soft tyres, all the AI cars will wear soft tyres, when the race loads you can then pop into quick tune and change to hard tyres and the AI are still on softs, it allows closer braking distances instead of you braking a second later than them for every corner and flying past. Then you can tune you're cars power and weight accordingly depending on who you're up against.
 
I just gave this a try and it's a challenge alright! Great races though.

I don't have the Xanavi , so I used the Nissan GTR Concept LM race car. Claimed HP : 819 but shows 799 at the start of the replay. The only mod was hard race tires and Stg 3 turbo.

It took me 5 goes to win at Suzuka for 173 A spec points. Then I tried the race at the Nurb. for 163 points.

The first lap was pretty messy , I guess I was trying too hard on cold tires. I was down about 10 seconds as the other cars pitted after the first lap. Well , all except the Audi R8 who I passed at Bergwerk , he was sliding all over the road.(You should have pitted , buddy !) My tires were nice and green , so I continued on to make up for lost time. By the time I got around to Pflanzgarten , the R390 had caught and passed me , but I kept him in sight and with the help of the last whiff of nitrous in the tank , managed to just catch his slipstream in the last big straight and pass him at the kink. I won by 3 seconds! Man , that got the adrenaline pumping.

I'm going to add some ballast and try some of the others in the series now. Thanks for the tip , old geezer ! Good stuff 👍
 
Sorry to jump the thread topic; but you can also get 8 great races when you run the Dream Car Series and ignoring the two Driving Park (Test Course and the Tiny Oval With A Bite Taken Out Of It) races.

The RX-7 LM cleaned up the series nicely, if not easily. Depending on your skill, it's good racing if you don't make mistakes.
 
jdw
Real Circuits is kind of weird one...

(#1) I found the Toyota 7 to be the most dangerous car here.

(#2) Sarthe was still hard.

(#3) Who was your main competition?

(#4) Yes, racing on the Ring in this series is hilarious.
I recommend competing against the *hardest* lineup you can find (92, 89, Minolta, Sauber), lose the Turbo and watch what happens :sly:
Hiya jdw...Good Questions! (As usual! 👍 )
I've numbered them to make answering easier.

#1 Yes indeed, the Toyota 7 is quite the "Bully." Due to the "Bizarre" lines he takes ( Especially at Motegi) I suspect a "New" programer handled it! :lol:

#2 Yes it was, I believe I had the Toyota GT-1 "Closing" quickly & only managed a 1.080 SECOND win! :eek:

#3 Due to this not being a "Series" I drew different competition each round. I think between the 8 races I saw ALL the LMP/Grp C cars at least once. Main "Adversary" seemed to change from Venue to Venue.

#4 I drew a pretty good line-up & was actually happy to see the Jag's tyres go away (I had to watch the reply to see what had happened) 'cause I wasn't closing quickly enough. :nervous: The real surprise however was the Peugeot. He started 5th & I started 6th battling almost the entire way. His tyres didn't get loose until the pit entrance on Lap #2!!! :eek: I ended up besting him by 3.075 Seconds but it would have been more like 0.075 without his tyres going south. :trouble:

If you really tune your ride (I didn't even use the "Tranny Trick" & ran most venues with a 5-Speed) :scared: & work with the Tyre choice I don't think there will as much of a challenge. I just kinda jumped in a ride I had left over from another series & had fun.

Hope this Helps! 👍 ...O.G. :D
 
pupik
Sorry to jump the thread topic; but you can also get 8 great races when you run the Dream Car Series and ignoring the two Driving Park (Test Course and the Tiny Oval With A Bite Taken Out Of It) races.

The RX-7 LM cleaned up the series nicely, if not easily. Depending on your skill, it's good racing if you don't make mistakes.
Do NOT be Sorry pupik! 👍
There are a few of us here ALWAYS looking for a good race! Try the TOYOTA Celica WedsSport at the Dream Car Championship! GREAT FUN!...O.G. :D
 
Thanks for the tip O.G. 👍

You seemed to have used JGTC cars in races against LMP/GrpC cars so far have you tried these races with a different ride like a DTM car?
 
Andge08
Thanks for the tip O.G. 👍

You seemed to have used JGTC cars in races against LMP/GrpC cars so far have you tried these races with a different ride like a DTM car?
Hiya Andge08!
Actually I had planned on running THIS one with a DTM Ride until two members claimed it was "impossible" to do in the XANAVI Nissan. I had already done it with the MOTUL/Pitwork Z so I was VERY confident that the Skyline was capable.

Got any hints as to which DTM car would be best? ATM I'm kinda leaning towards one of the AUDIs. 👍 ? / 👎 ? THANX...O.G. :D
 
Yeh i would be leaning towards the Audis i prefer the TT-R to the A4. Although the CLK touring car is still a good ride though. I think in the end it comes down to your own personal preference with the DTM cars because they are all very similar.
 
iirc the xanavi is pretty much equal to the motul. Currently doing the GT All star in the Minolta. Even box stock its way too easy.

The pugeot 905 is quite dangerous as far as group Cs go. Its a little slower than most of the rest of em but can go a lot farther on its tires and tends to corner a little quicker. the 787 is in the same boat but is a little slower than the 905.
 
@ Andge08: Kool....THANX! :cheers: I have a "TT" w/only a few miles on it. Although it's probably VERY similar to the A4 I just like the Livery better!

@ jmillheiser: Try that Series with either the MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98 or the GILLET Vertigo. LOTS more fun than using the Minolta Toyota 👍 ...O.G. :D
 
Old Geezer
@ jmillheiser: Try that Series with either the MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98 or the GILLET Vertigo. LOTS more fun than using the Minolta Toyota 👍 ...O.G. :D


O.G...

I thoroughly respect and share your desire for competitive races. That's what led me to try to tame the point system. In the process I've got plenty of suggestions for you! Let me know if you want me to offer a couple.


So, ok with the Merc as a good challenge for GTWC...

But, but the GILLET Vertigo!?! :sick:

You must be kidding. That stupid piece of 🤬 is good for one thing and one thing only. Driving straight into a 🤬 wall, while everyone else is turning. And after you've done that for the upteenth time, getting out stuffing a lit rag into the fuel tank and ducking for cover.

And I consider any suggestion that it would be a worthwhile car to attempt to race GTWC with, an act of sadism.

:lol:
 
jdw
O.G...

I thoroughly respect and share your desire for competitive races. That's what led me to try to tame the point system. In the process I've got plenty of suggestions for you! Let me know if you want me to offer a couple.


So, ok with the Merc as a good challenge for GTWC...

But, but the GILLET Vertigo!?! :sick:

You must be kidding. That stupid piece of 🤬 is good for one thing and one thing only. Driving straight into a 🤬 wall, while everyone else is turning. And after you've done that for the upteenth time, getting out stuffing a lit rag into the fuel tank and ducking for cover.

And I consider any suggestion that it would be a worthwhile car to attempt to race GTWC with, an act of sadism.

:lol:
Hiya jdw:
I think you may have mis-read jmillheiser's Post #22, he was referring to the Gran Turismo All Stars Series. I think the Vertigo has plenty of "GO" for the GTWC but it's lack of Downforce is a SERIOUS Hinderance! :irked:
I did NOT do a real write-up on it but if you'll check HERE Posts #5, 20,25,26 & 31 it might "Fill in the Blanks."

I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions for "Close Races" so send 'em over! 👍 I'm just thoroughly disappointed :trouble: that we need to use a lower class car to find a good race! I was so happy to see the LMP/Grp C rides included but the only competition for them is the Formula GT Races & even they aren't much! :irked: ...O.G. :D
 
Old Geezer
Hiya jdw:
I think you may have mis-read jmillheiser's Post #22, he was referring to the Gran Turismo All Stars Series.

Oh... I was mostly venting. If you couldn't tell, I really detest that car in GT4. :irked:
You're a braver man than I to even attempt to work with it in GTWC O.G.

Do you really find much of a difference in competition between All Stars and GTWC? I think I may have mispoken before. In both cases, they're on the same tires. Real Circuits is the odd man out.

Old Geezer
I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions for "Close Races" so send 'em over! 👍 I'm just thoroughly disappointed :trouble: that we need to use a lower class car to find a good race! I was so happy to see the LMP/Grp C rides included but the only competition for them is the Formula GT Races & even they aren't much! :irked: ...O.G. :D

I understand your disappointment. I like what they tried to do with the point system but I fully acknowledge that it needs work. A LOT of work.


Just from a quick glance through my FAQ here's a couple:
(NOTE: No qualifying on any of these! I like the chase :sly: )
- Spider & Roaster: Stock Elise 72 vs. the Elise & Speedster
- Tuning Car: Stock Clio Sport Trophy or Amuse R1 (beware the RUFs!)
- NA Sports: Stock Toyota RSC (avoid the Zonda except for Trial. Chasing the Zonda at Trial was a lot of fun :) )
- Turbo: Stock 22B-STi
- Boxer: Stock 22B-STi again vs. the Yellowbird (especially at Deep Forest :dopey: )
- Supercar: Stock M5 vs. the Nardo and Cien (this is one of the craziest - NY was very rough )
- GTWC: Used 787B w/no oil on R1s vs. the hardest lineup you can find
- Dream Car: Stock M3 GTR Race Car + R2s. Be patient for a tough lineup (GT-R, XJ and Ford GT).
- Premium Sports: Stock M3 GTR vs. McLaren in the pole or the Speed 12. (may be too easy fer ya!)
- DTCM: 190E + R1s
- La Festa: Lancia Stratos (ok, this isn't hard but it's a great stress reliever!)
- Liga A: Stock 120d
- Liga B: Stock M3 or S4
- Stars & Stripes: Stock Buick GN-X vs. Viper and Shelby
- Hot Rod: Stock Delorean vs. the Viper at Laguna
- Muscle Car: Stock '63 Vette vs. a buried Buick Special (can't do NY)
- Japan Champ: Stock Toyota RSC vs. a buried NSX
- JGTC: Altezza TC on R3s and Wedsport to clean up the one's you can't do with the Alteza.

Whew... there's a lot more where that came from but I think that's enough for now eh?
Perhaps you'll find at least a couple of these appealing 💡
 
THANX jdw! 👍
Some of your races look "Verrrry Interesting!" Will have to give them a shot soon! ...O.G. :D
 
Back