FOUND ONE - Disregard --- Anyone have a point tracking tool/spreadsheet for a league?

  • Thread starter Thread starter weazelgt
  • 9 comments
  • 1,604 views
Messages
161
Canada
Canada
Anyone able to give me info or point me to a site with all the info or tools I need to host a league? I understand I could just schedule a weekly race each week but are there any tools for leagues like keeping track of points, track scheduling and such?
 
I'm not the best with computer magic but most will tell you they use a speadsheet program of some kind to keep track of points. They can use formulas to automatically add the right number of points allocated by finishing position but that's some advanced stuff. What I have always done is make a simple chart with drivers on the left, races on the top, and adding up points with a good old fashioned calculator and paper to keep track of it all, then inputting the data when I'm sure I got it right.

It depends on how computer savvy you are but there's different things for all levels. Good luck with your endeavors!
 
Thanks for the info! Does anyone have a link to an excel template to use?
 
This would be a good feature for PD to develop for the game.
 
What did you end up using? Also, what's your racing series? I'm always interested in more racing
 
Most use the Discord app for running a league. That your best bet. Its what we use for our league
 
I run a league here in Iceland, just started season #2 this january. I made a Facebook group and we run things from there. I have a Excel sheet I made to keep track of things, probably not much use for you as it's all Icelandic and not fully automatic though.

In the Facebook group I use the "Event" function to keep track of who are coming and not, so I can call in reserves if needed. Prior to the season start, I released the calendar, and I have a doc pinned in the group that has all the rules and setup for the races.

Works for me at least :)

EDIT: I also created a Google Calendar for the season on request. So anyone who added that calendar to their account had all the races in the calendar.

EDIT 2: I also just appointed a official "steward" for disputes. We had our first dispute in our last race, and I realized going forward, I needed someone who's not also competing, as I'm a host/competitor.

Hope that helps, good luck! :)
 
Last edited:
What did you end up using? Also, what's your racing series? I'm always interested in more racing

I found an excel spreadsheet with macros on another site, before using it I scanned with Kaspersky and Symantec and it was clean. It actually works perfectly for what I need and I can configure the points and much more.
I can link to the file or page if you would like to see it but I'm not sure on the rules for that here.
 
Do you mind sharing? I'm looking for a basic alternative to google docs
 
Back