Four cars, which is your favourite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephen220378
  • 46 comments
  • 5,191 views

Which is your favourite record holder?

  • Jaguar XJ220

    Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Ferrari F40

    Votes: 58 26.2%
  • McLaren F1

    Votes: 124 56.1%
  • Bugatti Veyron

    Votes: 13 5.9%

  • Total voters
    221
The Veyron is like that ugly chick in high school that still draws attention from the boys cuz she's got a huge rack.

Perhaps the best metaphor of the Veyron ever!
 
If you vote for the Veyron you have no soul.
 
Easy. McLaren F1.

As much as I love anything McLaren, even if i didn't i'd still pick the McLaren F1. A historic icon, a car that will never be forgotten and car that was created in 1994 to be well ahead of its time.

Its even better in Historic Orange!
 
The F1 definitely. It's what the XJ220 should have been if it hadn't been hamstrung by budget cuts. The Veyron is a fantastic engineering acheivement but it misses the point. The F40 comes close but the F1 came along a few years later and show what progress had been made during that time.
 
I also went with the McLaren F1. I just adore that car.

I only have the Veyron, and I really like it. Ya it turns like a tank, but it more than makes it up on the straights. Also, it has massive amounts of grip, and is just so stable at high speeds.

No, it doesn't make up for it in straights. There are some courses where its high speed accounts for more than it loses in corners, like Circuit de la Sarthe, but on most race tracks it does not. An excellent example of this is the Top Gear test track, where the regular Veyron failed to post faster laps than several other production cars with a lot less horsepower and lower top speeds, and even the Super Sport version only just barely climbed above them by a fraction of a second and still can't beat the FXX or Caparo T1, let alone race cars like Formula One cars which post much faster laps despite having much lower top-end speeds.

The Veyron just doesn't appeal to me much for some reason.

It only appeals to people that have simply seen its specs or simply watched a video of it moving in a straight line. Anybody that's driven the Veyron virtually in something like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, and anybody that's actually researched the Veyron's general performance, knows better than to give the Veyron much credit.

Just happy to see the Veyron losing XD

You, me, and a lot of other people.

The Bugatti Veyron: The Ultimate Troll Car
veyrontroll3.jpg
 
I also went with the McLaren F1. I just adore that car.



No, it doesn't make up for it in straights. There are some courses where its high speed accounts for more than it loses in corners, like Circuit de la Sarthe, but on most race tracks it does not. An excellent example of this is the Top Gear test track, where the regular Veyron failed to post faster laps than several other production cars with a lot less horsepower and lower top speeds, and even the Super Sport version only just barely climbed above them by a fraction of a second and still can't beat the FXX or Caparo T1, let alone race cars like Formula One cars which post much faster laps despite having much lower top-end speeds.



It only appeals to people that have simply seen its specs or simply watched a video of it moving in a straight line. Anybody that's driven the Veyron virtually in something like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, and anybody that's actually researched the Veyron's general performance, knows better than to give the Veyron much credit.



You, me, and a lot of other people.

The Bugatti Veyron: The Ultimate Troll Car
veyrontroll3.jpg
I love how you tried to compare the Veyron (an road car) to actual race cars or track cars.
 
1. McLaren F1 for sure. Only problem is how it steers like it's on grease.
2. Ferrari F40. Awesome car. It's just that it looks so cool.
3. Jaguar XJ220. Not really that cool, but it still better than...
4. Buggati Veyron. IceMan PJN said it. The Ultimate Troll Car.
 
McLaren F1 all day long. It isn't a big fat heavy pig like the Veyron. The Veyron is bad-ass for sure, but the F1 is a no compromise lightweight lean and mean beast. The other cars don't really register in the same catagory for me.
 
Jeez so much hatred for the Veyron in this thread, if I could own one of these cars in real life it would be the Bugatti for sure.

And LOL @ comparing it to an F1 car and FXX(unregisterable race car)
 
4: The Veyron is like that ugly chick in high school that still draws attention from the boys cuz she's got a huge rack. There's a lot more that makes a car great boys. Top speed isn't everything. There's important stuff such as turning. And not looking like a log with wheels.

Never has a truer statement been spoken on the internet. Someone carve this is granite.


I'm having a hard time deciding between the F40 and the F1. Both amazing cars in their own way.
 
I have a soft spot for the F40. But aside from that I tuned mine up recently and painted it the whitest white I had. Took it to Nurburgring and it was amazing, I had no aids on and it was a piece of cake to drive. I need to mess with the transmission (I so want every gear adjustable... :)) and it will be awesome.

Great car, my favorite of the bunch.
 
Never has a truer statement been spoken on the internet. Someone carve this is granite.


I'm having a hard time deciding between the F40 and the F1. Both amazing cars in their own way.

I actually like the rear of the Veyron. And the pop-out wing is really slick. But the horrible front clip is just...guh.
 
I've got a feeling the Yellowbird should be in there, as I believe when it first came out it was actually the first production car to crack 200mph.

It got overtaken by the F40 and 959, but I'm pretty sure for a little while it was king of the hill
 
Again, another one who completely misses the point of the thread.

One can get the point of the question and still have no answer because all of the choices are uncared about equally. :)
 
Back