FOV adjustment?

• Thread starter Sybawoods
  • 7 comments
Sybawoods
I'm a long time iRacing member (since 2008!), which I still go to occasionally for my hard-core fix. However, I'm spending more and more time with GTS, particularly because of the improvements to the online component.

However, I'm really missing a proper field of view adjustment for the cockpit view. Is there any chance of us seeing this in future updates, or has the door been completely shut on this. It's one of the few things standing in the way of making this my go-to racer of choice.

I'm a long time iRacing member (since 2008!), which I still go to occasionally for my hard-core fix. However, I'm spending more and more time with GTS, particularly because of the improvements to the online component.

However, I'm really missing a proper field of view adjustment for the cockpit view. Is there any chance of us seeing this in future updates, or has the door been completely shut on this. It's one of the few things standing in the way of making this my go-to racer of choice.

I'm assuming the minor adjustments that are available just aren't enough? I don't often use cockpit view but I did make some adjustments to it that suited my liking in the 911 Gr.3. You can adjust the seating height and depth a little bit, just not much. I never played GT4-GT6 so forgive me for not being familiar with the limitations of their FOV settings.

Hi Winnie847, the adjustments in cockpit view is not a proper Field Of View (FOV) adjustment. It simply allows you to move your seat closer or further from the dashboard, or up and down. It does not change your view in relation to the "game-world". To test this, move your seat forwards or backwards and you'll notice that it doesn't bring you closer or further from the world outside your car. It only brings you closer (or further) from the dashboard.

Below is a useful video explaining the significance:

I'm assuming the minor adjustments that are available just aren't enough? I don't often use cockpit view but I did make some adjustments to it that suited my liking in the 911 Gr.3. You can adjust the seating height and depth a little bit, just not much. I never played GT4-GT6 so forgive me for not being familiar with the limitations of their FOV settings.

Hi Winnie847, the adjustments in cockpit view is not a proper Field Of View (FOV) adjustment. It simply allows you to move your seat closer or further from the dashboard, or up and down. It does not change your view in relation to the "game-world". To test this, move your seat forwards or backwards and you'll notice that it doesn't bring you closer or further from the world outside your car. It only brings you closer (or further) from the dashboard.

I would not expect proper FOV adjustments for any Gran Turismo game now or ever.

I would not expect proper FOV adjustments for any Gran Turismo game now or ever.
As far as I'm aware it's got a lot to do with the game being mega-optimised and any extra work the GPU has to do can result in noticeable frame-rate issues. Moving the FOV out makes more of the game world visible.

An example of how close to the wire we are already running is GTS disables motion-blur (which looks lovely) in Performance mode (PS4 Pro) in cockpit view. I imagine because the extra processing needed for mirrors and whatever else takes up too much resource to keep the fancy blur.

Thanks for clarifying that. When I made those adjustments, it was more to get a better view of the track in front of me that was already there, but covered by parts of the car obstructing that view....so you're right, I wasn't actually changing my FOV, just my position inside the car, allowing me to see something that was already in the FOV but was obstructed at the time.

Latest Posts

Back