Framerate drops

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 7 comments
  • 2,500 views
Messages
270
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Gamerwillz
I have sometimes noticed that the framerate dips below 60fps when there are lots of cars on the screen on some tracks. London is one of the tracks suffers this, and some screen tearing too.

For GT5, I expect a solid 60fps all the time.

Can Polyphony Digital patch this?
 
I have sometimes noticed that the framerate dips below 60fps when there are lots of cars on the screen on some tracks. London is one of the tracks suffers this, and some screen tearing too.

For GT5, I expect a solid 60fps all the time.

Can Polyphony Digital patch this?

They promised a patch that would improve performance, but seriously, it is impossible to keep 60FPS all the time in those conditions (Lots of cars, lots of action), it will drop at some point. The PS3 has a limited power and I think PD has already done something magic by giving us such a beautiful game and keep it at 60 FPS :)
 
hello GT planet in new to the forums.. i also noticed that on the special stage route 5 track there is a drop of frame rate a realy bad drop i hop they fix this
 
I haven't noticed any framerate drops, is this confirmed to be an issue with the game or maybe systems overheating?
 
I have just noticed that when using the view like this, the performance have improved a little. Less framerate drops and tearing. I think it's down to not having your car on the screen.
 
I notice a few frame rate drops by being in cockpit view, switching to chase cam reduces it significantly. Same with screentearing, I was driving through the green hell and the screen tearing just got bad..., switching to chase cam almost completly stopped screen tearing.
 
Back