Framerate help?PC 

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
When I run the game currently, the framerate during a race seems to chug along occasionally and looks somewhat choppy at best. However, when I change the volume of my computer using my keyboard the framerate becomes silky smooth for the duration that the volume level stays on-screen, then it goes back to being choppy again once the volume bar disappears.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the issue was and if they had a possible fix?

Last edited:
That's strange, I usually get the opposite problem with some games (stuttering when the volume level is on screen).

Are your GPU drivers up to date? And have you tried switching between fullscreen and borderless fullscreen?

How do you get the game to run in borderless fullscreen? I haven't been able to find a way to run the game in windowed mode and forum searches haven't helped at all.

Also, I'll check my drivers but I don't think that's the problem.

upload_2019-12-26_11-44-40.png

Unchecking this box should make the game run in Windowed mode.

With Content Manager:
upload_2019-12-26_11-46-53.png

Unchecked the box in Content Manager, game still runs in full screen when I launch races etc.

You have to start the game to see your changes. Change things in the launcher menue dosnt have any effect until you start the game.
Unceck fullscreen, start game(load a track), game run in window.

Attachments

• hkjhjkhn.jpg
    hkjhjkhn.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 38
What resolution are you running? If your game resolution is the same as your monitor's resolution the game will probably appear to be full screen.

Running it at a smaller size than my monitor, I got the silky smooth 30FPS that occurs when I press the volume button in normal fullscreen mode, but I don't have the window options such as minimize and close at the top of the frame.

Little late to this one @palumanyc

I have a completely new computer now (a gaming laptop as opposed to the bog-standard PC I was using earlier) and I'm up from 30 to about 80FPS or so with CSP and SOL on a good day.

Latest Posts

Back