• 1 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
With more & more racing sims appearing on console, & no one sim ticking all the boxes; what would be your ultimate FrankenSim? It could be any combination any of racing sim, or racing game, from any platform (console/PC/mobile device etc). What assets & features would you combine to produce your ultimate FrankenSim?

Graphics - GT Sport hands down, especially the lighting. However, with some of the assets from Project CARS 1 & Assetto Corsa. The UK tracks in P CARS are very well done indeed. Also, I'd nick the wet weather effects from DRIVECLUB & bung them in there; the tyre traces left on wet roads are seriously gorgeous in that game.

Sounds - Project CARS 1 all the way, no contest; but maybe with a sprinkling of a few of Raceroom's offerings. After driving some real race cars at a trackday in 2009, P CARS 1 is the closest thing to reality in my experience, & yes they do really sound that loud/compressed in real life.

Physics - For me this would have to be P CARS 1, & this includes the FFB, but with the ease of use of Assetto's FFB set up menus. I'd also have to tweak the car's behaviour on the limit so it doesn't snap away so unrealistically.

Online - GT5's online options for hosts running their own lobbies was pretty epic; Shuffle racing anyone! Throw in some of the improvements in GT6 & we're onto a winner.

Offline - Don't care much about that, but if I had to choose I'd say Project CARS 1 again; with the exception of scripted weather & the inclusion of set ups/tunes for each race.

How would you do it?

:)

If I was to get back into sim racing again (I'm semi-retired now, I still play sims but don't plan on buying new titles) then it would have to offer something different to many current current offerings. With that in mind...

Graphics: GT Sport lighting + Driveclub weather effects. Oh, and photomode is definitely gonna be a thing in this game.

Physics: If I had to pick a realistic title then I would have to go for Gran Turismo 6. For a simcade driving model, I would go for Forza Horizon 1 (road) with DiRT 2/3 (offroad) physics.

Online: Burnout Paradise/Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012. You can still do regular races, but also co-op challenges with players in a free roam session.

Offline: GRID 2 style Progression which mainly focuses on accumulating fans which leads to bigger crowds showing up on track, being invited to showcase events and more advanced championships using better cars. A similar system was found in Forza Horizon 3 but I thought GRID 2 was more structured.

Other gameplay features
  • Open world with similar scale to The Crew 2, doesn't have to be set in the US though. The map would have permanent road courses/dirt tracks within the environment.
  • At least 200 vehicles the variety of The Crew 2 (cars as well as bikes, aircraft, boats and hovercrafts). Would also like the list to be at least 80% cars.
  • Vehicle customisation from Need For Speed Payback with interior customisation for The Crew 2.
  • Ability to own property and run businesses from Forza Horizon 4. Not sure how this will work yet, but I'm assuming Playground Games have worked some sort of wizardry to make it as good as what I have in mind.
  • Side missions (courier service, car delivery etc.) and car dealerships from Test Drive Unlimited.
I'm probably asking too much, but then is what I consider ulimate. :P

Back