Free GT5 for GT Acadamy finalists?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nasanu
  • 14 comments
  • 1,430 views

nasanu

(Banned)
Messages
1,429
Japan
Australia
Messages
nasanu
Messages
nasanu
I just received an unexpected email:

Good Morning GT Academy Competitor,

I hope you are excited about the launch of Gran Turismo 5 next week and receiving your copy of the Collector's Edition.

To ensure that you receive your copy of the game as quickly as possible, if you have changed address from those details provided on your GT Academy entry form please reply to this email with your updated address details.

As restrictions are in place regarding the release of the game, we are unable to deliver the game before the 25th November. But you should receive the game either on the 25th or shortly afterwards.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Best regards,
Gary

Gary Russell
Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited.


Maybe everyone else is already aware of this, but since I did not attend GT Academy (qualified but didnt have a driving lisense 🤬) this is news to me. Anyone else get an email like this?
 
Make sure its not a scam :p
 
I sincerely hope this is true!

Apparently GT Academy finalists have been sent a DVD of the TV series, but I think mine has been sent to my old address..
 
I just received an unexpected email:

Good Morning GT Academy Competitor,

I hope you are excited about the launch of Gran Turismo 5 next week and receiving your copy of the Collector's Edition.

To ensure that you receive your copy of the game as quickly as possible, if you have changed address from those details provided on your GT Academy entry form please reply to this email with your updated address details.

As restrictions are in place regarding the release of the game, we are unable to deliver the game before the 25th November. But you should receive the game either on the 25th or shortly afterwards.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Best regards,
Gary

Gary Russell
Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited.


Maybe everyone else is already aware of this, but since I did not attend GT Academy (qualified but didnt have a driving lisense 🤬) this is news to me. Anyone else get an email like this?

Scam. Wouldn't risk personal info just for a free copy of GT5. And there is usually a text code with your name on the "Dear X"... not some sort of a generic greeting.
 
Scam. Wouldn't risk personal info just for a free copy of GT5. And there is usually a text code with your name on the "Dear X"... not some sort of a generic greeting.

I have nothing to say to you. Good day sir.
 
Scam. Wouldn't risk personal info just for a free copy of GT5. And there is usually a text code with your name on the "Dear X"... not some sort of a generic greeting.

I dunno, could go both ways. It's only asking for his address to ship it. but as I've been told on the internet before, if it's formal it'll come by mail, not by email. But I don't know, it being a video game.... who knows.
 
I would just answer "Yes, it's the same." :)
 
Scam. Wouldn't risk personal info just for a free copy of GT5. And there is usually a text code with your name on the "Dear X"... not some sort of a generic greeting.

Its not asking for any personal information unless he moved, either this is the worst scam in history since its not asking for any personal information of money, or its legit and he'll get a copy.

How would a scammer know he was in GT Academy?
 
it's real, i got one and another guy (OSRG) received one as well.

After GT Academy we received a goodies pack and was told that we would receive a free copy of the game and be one of the first in the country to receive it.

Obviously that has changed, but it is genuine. I met Gary at the Australian Final and he told us then also that we would get a free copy of the game.

If you read closely, it says only to advise if your address has CHANGED.

so sit back, and wait for thursday when your copy will be delivered with the rest of the GT Academy finalists. By the way, we are only getting the collectors edition.

Josh
 
It says 'if you have changed address'. Have you changed address? If not, don't reply. Unless I didn't read properly :dunce:
 
I thinks its prob genuine. Firstly Gary Russell is a real person (Australian GT5 product manager) and was at GT academy. Secondly how did they get your email addy otherwise knowing your were involved with the event?
 
This is genuine but only for Australia and New Zealand. I remember back in the day when the finals were on some people posted the free stuff they got and they also mentioned they would get a free copy of GT5.

Sadly we had no such luck in Ireland and just got €40 to spend on the PSN. meh.
 
New Zealand isn't getting the collector's edition. The email most of the finalists received said that we'll only be getting the standard version of the game :(.

EDIT: The email we received was from our Sony Marketing-Rep a couple of months ago. It more or less said the same thing about GT5; notify us if you're address has changed; etc.
 
Last edited:
Back