Free play questions...

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
Ok, I'm a single player only so I was wondering if anyone knows if Free Play mode is going to get any better this time around...In reviews they hardly ever talk about it and I'm don't want to shell out 60 bucks for very limited options in Free Play...Forza seems to ignore this issue every year...Anyone know??

Ok, I'm a single player only so I was wondering if anyone knows if Free Play mode is going to get any better this time around...In reviews they hardly ever talk about it and I'm don't want to shell out 60 bucks for very limited options in Free Play...Forza seems to ignore this issue every year...Anyone know??
No information has been revealed regarding Free Play yet.

I was happy with Free Play in Forza 6. What did you not like about it? The only thing I truly wanted from the mode was the ability to have a timer instead of laps, you do that in Forza 4 so I was confused as to why it was missing here. If Free Play in Forza 7 is the same as in Forza 6 though I would be perfectly happy with that. You can make money, level up affinity levels, etc. and it's all based on the number of laps and difficulty you set, so it was perfect.

I would love some improvements to freeplay races. I want an option for timed events, option to allow AI cars to tune cars to match my PI, Options to change grid positions (PI ascending and descending, Random, etc), Multi-class races (car type class rather then performance class, Let Modern GT and Endurance prototypes race together just like at Le Mans), Obviously we need options to set time of day and weather for the tracks that have variable conditions. Basically I would like to see all the options that are available when setting up custom online lobbies make their way to freeplay mode.

Unfortunately we have no official word on any improvements to freeplay, so we will just have to wait and see.

Firstly I would carry over the Private Lobby settings to Free Play that are relevant to offline

Allow the settings in Free Play to be saved as they where in Private Lobby's in previous games

Allow AI to be selected from home garage with there custom livery’s (this for example would allow custom races with livery’s particular to event, WTTC, BTTC etc.,)

Allow each AI difficulty to be changed as was in previous games

Allow same make races

Allow Dynamic Weather & TOD changes (might be in, but not verified to the specifics)

Allow to setup championship races, similar to F1 game, selecting several tracks you would race in.

Last edited:
Does any one know if timing splits have returned in free play in FM7, it was a feature, if you can call it a feature, that I really missed in FM6 as I liked knowing how far ahead/behind a rival was in time terms rather than just in distance.

Does any one know if timing splits have returned in free play in FM7, it was a feature, if you can call it a feature, that I really missed in FM6 as I liked knowing how far ahead/behind a rival was in time terms rather than just in distance.
None have appeared in demonstration builds so far, but these builds typically have restricted features and less UI clutter so that people can focus on the primary visuals more.

Forza Horizon 3 had timing splits at every Checkpoint but there are always some elements and features of the Horizon games that Motorsport doesn't carry over.

None have appeared in demonstration builds so far, but these builds typically have restricted features and less UI clutter so that people can focus on the primary visuals more.

Forza Horizon 3 had timing splits at every Checkpoint but there are always some elements and features of the Horizon games that Motorsport doesn't carry over.

Thanks for the info @PJTierney

I was happy with Free Play in Forza 6. What did you not like about it? The only thing I truly wanted from the mode was the ability to have a timer instead of laps, you do that in Forza 4 so I was confused as to why it was missing here. If Free Play in Forza 7 is the same as in Forza 6 though I would be perfectly happy with that. You can make money, level up affinity levels, etc. and it's all based on the number of laps and difficulty you set, so it was perfect.
I want to race against my own cars and downloaded schemes with a points system so I can create my own custom seasons in V8 supercar, Nascar, GT or whatever... Also with random starting grids that are mixed up instead of the same cars always starting in the same places...The focus is so much on how the game looks and how they've got the latest high end sports car that they already have 100 of that they lose focus on replay value ...But yet leave the most basic things out in order to force you to play online...F××× playing online with a bunch of trolls!!

Firstly I would carry over the Private Lobby settings to Free Play that are relevant to offline

Allow the settings in Free Play to be saved as they where in Private Lobby's in previous games

Allow AI to be selected from home garage with there custom livery’s (this for example would allow custom races with livery’s particular to event, WTTC, BTTC etc.,)

Allow each AI difficulty to be changed as was in previous games

Allow same make races

Allow Dynamic Weather & TOD changes (might be in, but not verified to the specifics)

Allow to setup championship races, similar to F1 game, selecting several tracks you would race in.
Yes!!! This!!! Perhaps it's a bridge to far...A pipe dream that will never see the light of day...But why??..

The latest footage of the game shows many free play options. There is a category called “starting grid“. I wonder what it means. Will we be able to choose specific cars for the AI?

The latest footage of the game shows many free play options. There is a category called “starting grid“. I wonder what it means. Will we be able to choose specific cars for the AI?
I'm betting it is the starting positions, Pi ascending/descending, Random, etc.

I hope we can change the color of rental cars, as well as create and manage tuning set-ups, like in the previous Forza games until Motorsport 4.

With all the talk of dynamic weather and skies, I’m surprised that none of the reviewers with early access, spent much time going through the track selection looking for gems, what new tracks have night added, was Nurburgring Sprint added back, is there a Rio at night, what tracks have rain.

In the past somebody would make a video going through the track selection similar to the cars videos.

Back