Freezes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattZR1
  • 24 comments
  • 1,619 views
Messages
932
United States
Peoria, AZ, USA
Messages
MattZR1_81
Do you guys get some split second freezes (some up to a second or so long) after you have won a race? Usually notice it right after the finish banner comes up. I have noticed this pretty much the most in the license tests, it almost hangs long enough to where I think it is going to do a full freeze that would result in a hard PS3 re-boot.
 
Yep, it happened to me the first time I finished Nurb 24hr on B-Spec. I had to reset my PS3 and run the race all over again. This would be a PS3 issue and not a GT5 disc issue. I would suggest that you make sure your PS3 is clear of dust inside and out.
 
do u guys have slim or fat ps3's cuz im wondering if theres a real difference at all my old fat has never frozen in A or B spec races
 
do u guys have slim or fat ps3's cuz im wondering if theres a real difference at all my old fat has never frozen in A or B spec races

Maybe they have used there PS3 more then us. I know I have the slim and it never has even looked like it is going to freeze.
 
mines been working hard now for over 3 years so who knows ..?
 
Well it might be a connection issue but I doubt it.
 
Ive had it happen to me aswell, but only while im online, whem im not online, i have no issues whatever
 
Well it might be a connection issue but I doubt it.

Ive had it happen to me aswell, but only while im online, whem im not online, i have no issues whatever

Well maybe it is does have something to do with the connection so try running your PS3 without it being connected and see how it goes. 👍
 
most likely internet connection. reason it would become slow after finishing race is that it's communicating with pd servers that have you have done the race and is posting it on your log on your home page on the gran turismo web site
 
most likely internet connection. reason it would become slow after finishing race is that it's communicating with pd servers that have you have done the race and is posting it on your log on your home page on the gran turismo web site

that seems like good advice do the race offline and then log on after u finish the race .
 
My game is acting like this now also. I was running remote races from the console and it was just so slow addind drivers. It eventually just froze on me. Offline I can navigate through the menus smoothly. I am on a wired connection.
 
My game froze twice after Dream Car Championship, when the gold cup is supposed to appear after 5th race. It didn't.
 
my game has froze while adding parts... my question.... Have you recently done a 24hr race?...
 
I haven't done any 24 hr races yet. I also have a 3 week old PS3 that is very well ventilated and free from dust.
 
Don't know whether to add to this or start a new thread - twice in the past week whilst running B spec dream car series the Ps3 (80gb phat with update 320gb drive) the game has hung loading the next race. It hangs with the driver list showing across the top (still scrolling) and the loading bar on full. The controller still functions, so I can hit ps3 home button and quit game, and the only progress I lose is the current event. Still annoying considering the first time was loading the ring (5th race) so I lost about 800k
 
Well, I haven't noticed it as much anymore (very, very minute pauses now, barely noticeable) and I played a good 5 hours last night. So is the consensus that it has to do with PD communicating with your console after each race?
 
Mine freezes in B-spec sometimes where I have to reset it and do it again. Sucks
 
Talking about freezing, i got a problem thats almost excactly the same as you have. Sometimes, when i finished a race the screen goes black and in the below right corner of my screen comes a GT5 "the real driving simulator" text. It's staying there for about 10 secs to sometimes a minute. Does someone have the same problem?
 
Well, I haven't noticed it as much anymore (very, very minute pauses now, barely noticeable) and I played a good 5 hours last night. So is the consensus that it has to do with PD communicating with your console after each race?

not saying that everyone's freezes are because of this, but most times it's the pd servers being slow
 
60GB Fat PS3. Been running strong for years :D
 
Yes, it is connection issue. If it freeze again, try to unplug the LAN cable or restart your router. That way you wouldn't loose valuable 24hr race achievement.
 
Don't know whether to add to this or start a new thread - twice in the past week whilst running B spec dream car series the Ps3 (80gb phat with update 320gb drive) the game has hung loading the next race. It hangs with the driver list showing across the top (still scrolling) and the loading bar on full. The controller still functions, so I can hit ps3 home button and quit game, and the only progress I lose is the current event. Still annoying considering the first time was loading the ring (5th race) so I lost about 800k

Same as you, I have a 2007 Fat 40 Gb and its starting to do the same thing as you. In fact it happened 3 time yet. The first time was 1 month ago and unplugging the Ethernet cable didn't changed anything.
 
Had my first FULL freeze last night. It was on a license test with the Corvette Stingray at Laguna. I had to hard reboot my PS3 and all was well afterwards. Oh well, I imagine it was going to happen sooner or later, lol.
 
I just woke up to finish the B-Spec Tsukuba 9hr race, to find that although the race had finished and I won the drivers were still adding laps and didnt finalise the race. The only thing that I could do was press the home button on my controller then when I tried to quit the game I was left with a black screen...nothing happened so I switched it off from the back and then back on...the PS3 fired up but now won't read any games or GT5 :(
Any ideas?
 
Back