Freezing issues on the JP championship on the Tsukuba track

  • Thread starter Thread starter skyofdreams
  • 10 comments
  • 2,483 views
Messages
20
Messages
Skyofdreams
Hi guys, I have a freezing problem to ask you all. After the 1.05 update, I can't do the Japanese Championship on the Expert Series. It will always freeze on the Tsukuba circuit when the first car reaches the Dunlop Arch (Usually it's the Skyline GTR that reaches it first on the first lap.) Happens every single race. Doesn't matter if I select the championship or just the race itself. When it freezes, the picture freezes and whatever sound occurs when it froze will go on in a loop.

Has anyone had this problem? I don't believe it's a problem with my PS3 as I just played Enslaved all the way through right afterwards and had no freezing issues. Not only this, but I've had random freezing issues on the Rome Track on the GT academy races. Usually occurs on the first corner, but happens frequently, but not all the time.

These freezing issues has made me worry about turning off and on my Ps3 so often. (Have a 60GB Launch PS3 if that helps)
 
I tried 5 times and froze on the last corner of the 1st course I'm GT academy tsubuki.
 
err.... i meant delete the actual gt5 game data so you have to use the disc or resinstall

Well I actually did that yesterday... 2 different times. First time I did it, it still froze, but at a different time. 2nd time, did it again, because I think there was the disc was a bit dirty. It would freeze on the JP championship race (Tsukuba) and MR race (Deep Forest) on the Expert Series still. I've heard something about custom tracks freezing the game, so I might disable that later to see if it makes a difference.

Right now the freezing is making the game literally unplayable. All other games I've tried have worked well, so it's just GT5.
 
I've been experiencing a similar problem while grinding B-Spec. It started off as freezing for just one race and then it started happening for other races as well. Typically about half way through the first lap around any given track the system would freeze. The suggestion to disable custom background music worked for me and solved the problem.

If you're experiencing anything similar then I would suggest trying to disable custom background music before resorting to calling Sony for a PS3 repair or dismantling your PS3.
 
I had the same problem as you guys and ^this solved the problem for me too,so thanks mate and lets hope they will fix this bug pretty soon.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the game freeze one time while doing the B-spec on Eiger Nordwand Track :dunce: on LAST LAP!!! What the hell?
 
Only a suggestion at the moment, but (touch wood) my game hasn't frozen for 2 days since I did this.
Back up the save game, then delete it from the PS3 HD.
Delete all GT5 Game data in the XMB from the HD (save game and game data).
Restore your save game and re-install GT5.

I tried only deleting game cache and the game data, that didn't resolved the issue.

Rad
 
Back