Freezing!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AngloAmerican
  • 7 comments
  • 974 views
Messages
453
United States
Douglasville, GA
Messages
angloamerican73
Hey All, I haven't played GT6 for a little while. I turned it on yesterday and noticed it had updated. I guess to v1.6? Anyway since then I've noticed that when I go to start a career race the whole ps3 will lock up. Its never done this before, and I have a ton of games on here.

I've had no issues whatsoever before this update, so what's going on?. Is it a known issue or something?. Im scared to play GT6 now as I keep having to do the system fix thingy on the PS3, due to the corrupt message that pops up after the PS3 has reset, due to it freezing.

Any help?

AngloAmerican
 
Mine has frozen three times now in the last few days in career mode, all while using the LCC Rocket '07. Once when I hit race start on S class Apricot Hill 20-Minute Challenge, and twice trying to start Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge (not going to try again, lol). I did the Brands Hatch 15-Lap Challenge last night in this car and it ran fine.
 
Hey All, I haven't played GT6 for a little while. I turned it on yesterday and noticed it had updated. I guess to v1.6? Anyway since then I've noticed that when I go to start a career race the whole ps3 will lock up. Its never done this before, and I have a ton of games on here.

I've had no issues whatsoever before this update, so what's going on?. Is it a known issue or something?. Im scared to play GT6 now as I keep having to do the system fix thingy on the PS3, due to the corrupt message that pops up after the PS3 has reset, due to it freezing.

Any help?

AngloAmerican
Don't worry about the System fix thing, doesn't need running after a hard shutdown. Its just like when you have a power cut and your computer asks you to run systems check/safe mode.
But yeah, I've never known a PS3 game to freeze up like GT6 does, its very odd
 
It's crashing whenever I go to the dealership to buy a car.
Everthing is fine until I try to view a car to purchase, then the sound dissappears, car doesn't show up, but the rest of the screen is as normal.
When I try to go out to the menu there is only a black screen and sometimes it freezes, but I always have reset the PS3.
Any help will be appreciated as GT6 is unplayable for me at the moment.
 
If it freezes at a particular point in the game (and never fails to do so), odds are your disc is defective/damaged.

For example, if it always freezes at the dealership, it's highly likely your disk is bad.
 
So far it's only the Nissan dealership.
But this has never happened before and my disc is in perfect condition.
I've viewed cars successfully at Nissan before.
So if it's not a 1.06 fault then I will have to get another GT6 disc.
 
So far it's only the Nissan dealership.
But this has never happened before and my disc is in perfect condition.
I've viewed cars successfully at Nissan before.
So if it's not a 1.06 fault then I will have to get another GT6 disc.

Game discs are mass produced and not all "burned" the same. While the disc might be in perfect condition, the data on it isn't - this is why it affects only some people and not all.

Grab a new disc, they're pretty cheap now, and see if it cures your problem. If not, just return it!
 
Game discs are mass produced and not all "burned" the same. While the disc might be in perfect condition, the data on it isn't - this is why it affects only some people and not all.

Grab a new disc, they're pretty cheap now, and see if it cures your problem. If not, just return it!
Clearing the cache worked for me thankfully.
:-)
 
Back