Frequent Crash on the PS5

• Thread starter Neroglia
  • 5 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
i probably get 1 to 2 crash a night, sometimes they can come frequently and some nights I don't see it happen at all. I had seen it happen to streamers too, but I seem to get it with higher frequency. Am I the only one who encounter it with high frequency? It could happen online, offline or in the menu.

I had tried playing it off the install file on HDD, on the internal storage and reinstalled the game. I play the game off the disc. Anyone else have this issue or have any more ideas on how to solve it? It won't be so annoying if it doesn't mean I exited the game early and have to sometimes wait more than 15 minutes for the next daily race that I want to take part in.

Thanks in advance.

I’m sorry you are experiencing that. I have the digital only PS5 and GTS has never crashed on me (Cyberpunk 2077 on the other hand...), but I still get disconnected from the network before online races sometimes.

One thing that stood out in your description as a possible culprit was the external hard drive. I’ve read a number of stories about these causing crashes since launch. Maybe try disconnecting that device, make sure you have the latest updates installed for the PS5, and rebuild your database. There are YouTube videos on how to do so.

I hope you figure it out and get back to racing. Good luck.

i probably get 1 to 2 crash a night, sometimes they can come frequently and some nights I don't see it happen at all. I had seen it happen to streamers too, but I seem to get it with higher frequency. Am I the only one who encounter it with high frequency? It could happen online, offline or in the menu.

I had tried playing it off the install file on HDD, on the internal storage and reinstalled the game. I play the game off the disc. Anyone else have this issue or have any more ideas on how to solve it? It won't be so annoying if it doesn't mean I exited the game early and have to sometimes wait more than 15 minutes for the next daily race that I want to take part in.

Thanks in advance.

Try driving more carefully

I’m sorry you are experiencing that. I have the digital only PS5 and GTS has never crashed on me (Cyberpunk 2077 on the other hand...), but I still get disconnected from the network before online races sometimes.

One thing that stood out in your description as a possible culprit was the external hard drive. I’ve read a number of stories about these causing crashes since launch. Maybe try disconnecting that device, make sure you have the latest updates installed for the PS5, and rebuild your database. There are YouTube videos on how to do so.

I hope you figure it out and get back to racing. Good luck.

Tried unplugging the external HDD too, I heard about the issue and experienced it but is a different kind of crash. This one causes game to crash and just need to reboot, whereas the external one causes a system wide crash where storage needs to be repaired.

I will run the game on the PS4 if it wasn't broken (talk about being lucky I managed to get a PS5 when it came out). Or I can just buy the digital version, is dirt cheap anyway and see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks in advance.
i have been encountering this crash too, it’s been happening, i have the disc version of the ps5, but i have the digital version of GTS. the game starts nice and fine, it’s going good, i can join lobby’s and all that just fine, i can go to livery’s and all that, but when i join a lobby, pick my car, use the car for longer than 15 minutes is where i encounter problems, whenever i go to back to the leave lobby, switch cars and all that, the game just freezes, and blanks out. it’s a 50/50 chance when i do it, i’d say for every 4-6 times i go back to the lobby to switch a car it crashes.

usually mine aren’t as violent a crash as yours are though, mine just close the game and say “do you want to report this crash to playstation?” and then i report it to them, i can open the game right after i accept or decline the crash report. i’ve only encountered the system reboot when, i’m pretty sure, i left the ps5 in rest mode with gts on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game crashes on my PS5 a lot as well, especially during the AFK Exp trick... still 2 levels to go to 50... need that platinum... CBA to drive BMB with CRB another 100 times.

Back