Frequent Wangan Runners 550-600hp

  • Thread starter Thread starter vipkindaguy
  • 24 comments
  • 1,850 views
Messages
20
Messages
jamarequality
i play GT5 every single day, and have since its release. im looking for a few people who would be down for Wangan (SS Route 7) Runs as well as track races.

looking for people who drive often as i want to make this a regular thing, 4-5 times a week or everyday if possible.



- 550 to 600hp max
- Traditional Japanese Domestic Platforms (nissan, mitsubishi, toyota etc.)

(if you have ever played TXR series or wangan midnight maximum tune, then you understand what im trying to do here lol)



id also maybe like to start up a team, for both racing and drifting, as i do a ton of that as well.


im an extremely friendly guy who wants nothing more than to enjoy GT5 in a fun fashion.

PSN: jamarequality

only friend request if youre super serious though, ive added many random people whom i dont even play with. i dont really want to do that again lol.

heres a shot of my Wangan Tuned BNR33

specialstageroute7e.jpg


specialstageroute71q.jpg
 
👍 I like the idea, I use to play TXR3 everyday. I'll add you on PSN if thats cool.
 
This would be cool to run every once in a while. How exactly do you stage runs? I don't like the tunnel drags. Real sort of Wangan style chase racing would be awesome. Let me know!
 
Me and Vip were racing not to long ago, what we were doing was just a 1 lap race around SSR7 and whoever made it to finish first won.
 
This would be cool to run every once in a while. How exactly do you stage runs? I don't like the tunnel drags. Real sort of Wangan style chase racing would be awesome. Let me know!

no tunnel drags, 3 honks or free run pulls, runs are just the same as any other race really. starting grid, from podium one lap to finish.

if the tuning guidelines are followed accordingly, there will be tons of chasing and overtaking lol

feel free to add me if you like, type wangan in the message though so i will know where you are from.
 
i'll be up for this , I've already joined the wangan social group aswell. but haven't had that many races.

PSN - JDM_BLITZ 👍
 
a few shots from last nights passes.

BNR33 vs. BNR34 [&] BNR34 vs. BNR34

specialstageroute73.jpg


specialstageroute74.jpg


specialstageroute72.jpg


specialstageroute7a.jpg


specialstageroute71t.jpg
 
Nice shots! Our skylines look sick :D
 
UPDATE!

some minor changes in the Vehicle regulations have been decided and a few changes to whats allowed has been made.

there are a few foreign vehicles that i found would be acceptable. heres a few examples...

-Ferrari 512BB
-Mercedes C63 AMG
-BMW 1 series & 3 series
-C5 & C6 series corvette
-Dodge viper GTS 02

Basically anything that does not exceed 600hp from the factory, assuming a slight tune is thrown on it. these are just examples, there are plenty more i have not listed due to the fact that there may be too many to actually list.
 
http://gtwangan.forumotion.com/forum

We've been doing this since the day it came out. =]

EDIT: Usually I run max cars, but I got a couple to bring to the table for 600hp max. Any tire restrictions you normally run?
 
Last edited:
http://gtwangan.forumotion.com/forum

We've been doing this since the day it came out. =]

EDIT: Usually I run max cars, but I got a couple to bring to the table for 600hp max. Any tire restrictions you normally run?

the reason i chose 550-600hp is because it creates an even playing field for many different platforms. and also, not all of our favorite cars have to potential to exceed those limits.

another reason is simply because you do not need 9000 horsepower over everyone else to go fast in a straight line, thats rather unecessesary.

i personally think the challenge is created in how diverse every driver is from the other, and how they each individually tune and race

as for limitations, as long as power doesnt exceed 600hp youre golden, anything else is fair game.
 
Sounds great, I'll use my old 550bhp Supra 3.0 GT 👍
What times were you thinking to race? (I'm from London)
 
Last edited:
Sounds great, I'll use my old 550bhp Supra 3.0 GT 👍
What times were you thinking to race? (I'm from London)

im on all day for the most part, every single day. you can just message me whenever you're available and we'll rock the house.
 
more shots from one of today's runs. myself in Makinen EVO6 and JDM_BLITZ in FC3S

specialstageroute77.jpg


specialstageroute76i.jpg


specialstageroute75f.jpg


specialstageroute78.jpg


specialstageroute79.jpg
 
Last edited:
If i add you, can we race tonight? i really want to race all the japanese cars i've got tuned. :D
 
If any of you guys wanna join, me and VIP are going to start a Lobby race soon.
 
Add VIP on PSN.
 
This sounds very interesting and im considering joining, but shouldn't RUFs be allowed? I might use one :D (There are some in TXR0 and of course WMMTx)
 
This sounds very interesting and im considering joining, but shouldn't RUFs be allowed? I might use one :D (There are some in TXR0 and of course WMMTx)

RUF's ARE allowed, as long as it doesnt exceed 600hp =]
 
Hey Jamar, sorry about being away from GT5 on my PS3, I'll be on this sunday.
 
Ive actually been a bit tied up meself, the holidays and all.

that and ever since i bought a JGTC platform, ive been doing a whoooole lot of this:

nrburgring24h.jpg


thats me in the Toms Petronas soarer (teal and white)


avidly hosting 500-550hp Super GT lobbies for the heaviest racers and enthusiasts, so the wangan has been taking the backseat lol.

heres a few overdue shots of some races a week or so ago.

specialstageroute7.jpg


specialstageroute71i.jpg


specialstageroute72.jpg


specialstageroute74.jpg


specialstageroute76.jpg


we should be back up to speed here within the next few days =]
 
I'm in for Wangan races will toss you a friend request soon.
 
Back