Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
Nope Apartment :)

More like Pimp Shack, nomsayin? :sly:

raw

@Wiz, are you doing the RD GT3 race tonight or just FNF? Not many people signed up at RD and I don't feel like racing Spa two nights in a row so I'm going to skip it and just spend the night driving around the Highlands.

Will you ever get your **** sorted?

Huh? It's sorted, I've just been doing the RD Friday night races lately which means I only get one or two FNF races in afterwards because my body starts shutting down for bedtime around 10-10:30. But tonight it's going to be nothing but FNF!

Huh? It's sorted, I've just been doing the RD Friday night races lately which means I only get one or two FNF races in afterwards because my body starts shutting down for bedtime around 10-10:30. But tonight it's going to be nothing but FNF!

Kind of directing toward your wheel, which you are always fiddling :lol:

Full room most of the night, lots and lots of chaos. :lol: Fun trying to fight your way through though, I probably overtook more cars last night than in the last month total. :D

Full room most of the night, lots and lots of chaos. :lol: Fun trying to fight your way through though, I probably overtook more cars last night than in the last month total. :D
RD race was good, I was lucky that there was one dude that matched my pace so i was trying to catch him for 15 laps. But it seems FF had way more action for sure. Shame i missed it as I already signed up for the GT3 race and didn't want to let people down by pulling out to do another combo.

yes, that wsa fun! Though, frustrating at times, it was good practice avoiding others and cleanly getting around problem areas.

though, I determined based on Wiz's observations that I am definitely still having internet problems (been a couple weeks)

I have isolated it to packets being lost and "jitter" of the ping. I stayed up pretty late last night trying to figure out if there is anything in my home that could potentially be causing the issue. So far, I do not think so.

Any helpful diagnostic links anyone has? Suggestions?

yes, that wsa fun! Though, frustrating at times, it was good practice avoiding others and cleanly getting around problem areas.

though, I determined based on Wiz's observations that I am definitely still having internet problems (been a couple weeks)

I have isolated it to packets being lost and "jitter" of the ping. I stayed up pretty late last night trying to figure out if there is anything in my home that could potentially be causing the issue. So far, I do not think so.

Any helpful diagnostic links anyone has? Suggestions?

That probably explains why your mic cuts out every few seconds.

Wiz
Are you running wireless or wired?
wired... I'm not a ****ing noob lol j/k

also, I did do ping tests across my internal network, and I never get lost packets or strange pings. As far as I can tell, it cannot be the wire causing the problem...

B: yes, I can hear others, but my voice would not be going out in real time.

Last edited:
update: the "cable guy" was at my house, and no it never got weird. he did some **** outside and now my ping is spot on. everything we have at home that uses the web is very responsive now. in fact, it's helped me understand just how much "responsiveness" as opposed to bandwidth is what matters in almost everything one does online. bandwidth just lets you do "more" of it.

fingers crossed, but my racing this friday should be lag-free!

Going to try something different this week. Probably not the best idea for open lobby, sprint style racing, but what the hell it's worth a try.

We're going to do some timed, mixed class races. Probably the 919 Hybrids with something quite a bit slower. Most likely the GT4 cars.

Back