Friday Night GTE Championship - Gaining Interest CurrentlyPS4 

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
There's a plethora of GT3 leagues around the place and championships taking place on most days. Yet there's an omission of Friday. People would probably see Friday as a grrrrrreat (Not sponsored by Kelloggs) night to go racing. But enough of me writing about something you don't care about.

It's intended to start at 8pm but I am willing to flex that anywhere between 7pm and 8:30 as I feel the racing might end too late for most people and especially on the longer races.

Races will start with a manual rolling start so the expectation is to add 5/10 minutes to each race varying on track length to accommodate for the manual rolling start. Alternatively, we will use the game's rolling start where time addition is not required. Feel free to give me your thoughts on that.

If the manual rolling start is done, we'll use the AOR method over 1 lap. We'll go around most of the lap at a maximum of 80mph (Potentially higher at Le Mans) and slow down to 50mph at a given point to allow the field to bunch up to 2 by 2 and racing/acceleration beyond that may begin at the start line. The pole position driver will have the inside line for turn 1. E.g. Left at Daytona, Right at Silverstone/Spa.

Password: N/A
Privacy: Private
Broadcast: Off - On if somebody wants to
Wait for Race Ready Input: On

Allow Auto Start: Yes
Force Interior: No
Force Driving Line Off: No
Force Default Setups: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Damage Type: Full Damage
Mechanical Failures: No
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: No
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Pit Stop Errors: Yes
Tyre Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes
Force Cooldown Lap: Yes

Rules and Penalties: On
Track Limit: On
Allowable Time Penalty: 30
Drive Through Penalties: On
Pit Exit Penalty: On
Competitive Racing License: On
Minimum Required: U100

Weather will be planned to be done through a website for the day of the race. The single hour races will have 1 or 2 weather slots with the 2 hour endurance races having up to 3 depending on weather changes. If the weather does not change, it will only have a single weather slot.

Proposed Calendar
Daytona Road Course - 2 Hours (Double Points)
Silverstone - 1 Hour
Spa-Francorchamps - 1 Hour
Monza - 1 Hour
Le Mans - 1 Hour
Nurburgring - 1 Hour
Circuit of the Americas - 1 Hour
Fuji Speedway - 1 Hour
Zhuhai International Circuit - 1 Hour
Dubai Autodrome - 1 Hour

Allowed Cars
Aston Martin Vantage GTE
Ford GT LM
BMW M6 GTE
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
Ferrari 488 GTE

Interested Drivers
@jake2013guy
@FrankySmalls

Last edited:
A) I would have joined if I didn't have other commitments on Sundays. I liked the look of your league. I hope it is successful.

B) This is on Fridays. Drivers can join both.

C) You run a time based GTE series based on endurance racing. I wouldn't say it's the most innovative idea.

D) I don't force real liveries.

E) I've not even decided on a proper name for it. It might stay for all anyone cares.

F) I happen to enjoy driving the GTE cars too.

G) My series will take place over consecutive weeks with 1 potential break week. Not throughout 2018.

H) No custom BOP

Last edited:
Back