Friendly advice from a phatty owner who got RLOD last night

  • Thread starter Thread starter pudgiecat
  • 8 comments
  • 1,012 views
Messages
290
United States
Desert of the Real
Messages
pudgiecat
I was playing another game after logging in when I received the RLOD last night......don't forget to back up your data to either the "cloud", flash drive, or portable HDD.....luckily it allowed me to save all my game saves this morning....unfortunately after tying the hair dryer fix this morning the old phatty would not let me do the data transfer, so I will be spending the day reloading game data for my current favs and also having to reload all the anniversary stuff....what 🤬 fun I will be having today as it will take awhile to update all the car pics.....

Update.....Can you save your game data ?
 
Last edited:
indeed...my ps3, fat one also, is in his final days, I better backup this GT stuff at least

thanks for the reminder, and I'm sorry about the troubles you have
 
That was more just a statement.

What do you mean 'can you save your game data'?
 
That was more just a statement.

What do you mean 'can you save your game data'?

At the top of the game row below the PSN+ "cloud"......the data that includes updates, DLC.....it would be nice to also download that data so it could be restored without all the tedious loading of discs to bring games back..... it took over 2 hours to reload the GT6 update, anny. cars, and then a car image renewal......
 
I was playing another game after logging in when I received the RLOD last night......don't forget to back up your data to either the "cloud", flash drive, or portable HDD.....luckily it allowed me to save all my game saves this morning....unfortunately after tying the hair dryer fix this morning the old phatty would not let me do the data transfer, so I will be spending the day reloading game data for my current favs and also having to reload all the anniversary stuff....what 🤬 fun I will be having today as it will take awhile to update all the car pics.....

Update.....Can you save your game data ?
You can't backup game data, updates, DLC, etc.
 
At the top of the game row below the PSN+ "cloud"......the data that includes updates, DLC.....it would be nice to also download that data so it could be restored without all the tedious loading of discs to bring games back..... it took over 2 hours to reload the GT6 update, anny. cars, and then a car image renewal......

If you can get your old PS3 running, you can connect the new and old via ethernet and it will swap over everything like that.

I've actually done this a lot, for some reason everyone either blames me or asks me to help after their PS3 dies. If you feel like it, we can get your old PS3 working again for about 20 minutes to swap over all data but the whole process will probably take about an hour so you'd be as well getting all your data back manually.
 
Did you mean YLOD?

Before my PS3 died, I was going to back everything up, but I wasn't able to find large enough storage device to hold everything. :banghead:
 
Did you mean YLOD?

Before my PS3 died, I was going to back everything up, but I wasn't able to find large enough storage device to hold everything. :banghead:

For the PS3 you get a YLOD and a RLOD, Mine got the RLOD when the fans kept coming on 100% and I ignored the issue, the PS3 would shut down with the red light blinking. I tried to change the thermal paste but the damage was done.

OP, try change the thermal paste. It might help
 
Back