Friendly Tuned Races

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 7 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
I want to put out a Thank you to PD for this one.

This is the most interesting event in the game IMHO.

Yes, they aren't perfect. Yes, there is a ride height issue that they need to address. Yes, I spend as much time chasing a tune as Indo chasing the lap. Bit, DAMN, that has me interested and entertained.

I found that the old VW GTI is pretty good in this event. I love that I can use my swapped mini. I love that I want to try other cars. Lastly, I love that I am not worried about DR SR and parity.

I might even race the 32 Ford 🤣

More of this please. It's doesn't need to be perfect to be fun.

Daily A this week has the opposite effect for me - I ended up unsure of how I feel about tuning in the daily races. When the game launched I was all for it...

Although Daily A has no DR/SR impact and so it should just be for fun, a lot of racers will pick the meta car with the meta-tune, meaning you're then left to pick that car with that tune if you want to compete and have an actual race. Otherwise you're just going to be lingering somewhere mid-to-back of the pack, with the pack spread out too much. I did this in the Subaru WRX - 23 seconds behind 1st, closest car infront finished 11 seconds ahead, behind finished 14 seconds behind. It was boring from lap 2 onwards.

Daily A this week has the opposite effect for me - I ended up unsure of how I feel about tuning in the daily races. When the game launched I was all for it...

Although Daily A has no DR/SR impact and so it should just be for fun, a lot of racers will pick the meta car with the meta-tune, meaning you're then left to pick that car with that tune if you want to compete and have an actual race. Otherwise you're just going to be lingering somewhere mid-to-back of the pack, with the pack spread out too much. I did this in the Subaru WRX - 23 seconds behind 1st, closest car infront finished 11 seconds ahead, behind finished 14 seconds behind. It was boring from lap 2 onwards.
I don't know how it went last week, but I'd expect people in the meta-car to lose interest after a couple of days. I may be dead wrong, but I'm not in it to win anyway for these races. At some point I find the real challenge to be not getting lapped by the end of the race!
I want to put out a Thank you to PD for this one.

This is the most interesting event in the game IMHO.

Yes, they aren't perfect. Yes, there is a ride height issue that they need to address. Yes, I spend as much time chasing a tune as Indo chasing the lap. Bit, DAMN, that has me interested and entertained.

I found that the old VW GTI is pretty good in this event. I love that I can use my swapped mini. I love that I want to try other cars. Lastly, I love that I am not worried about DR SR and parity.

I might even race the 32 Ford 🤣

More of this please. It's doesn't need to be perfect to be fun.
Like you, I've found myself interested in using all those crappy old cars that I collected and had no use for. I've been trying random weird cars like Clios and stuff just for fun. In my first few races yesterday there were lobbies full of unique cars. There wasn't a meta yet other than the Mini, and we all had fun looking at what we each chose. Someone entered the '32 Ford and it was cool to see. I look at this race as more of a conversation piece than a "gotta win at all costs" event. I'm having fun with it, at least for now.

Race A is perfect for this, the template bog standard eco car races were boring TBH, i never looked at them. This satisfies those who want to fiddle with tunes, they just need to sort out a) the ride height issue and b) the ability to "tune down" rather than "up" which goes against the spirit of the race imho. I'd also not have the races count against one's stats, because people take it too serious and you get a field of one make's yet again.

Last edited:
Pick something ultra slow so the meta winner has to wait the maximum amount of time. It really shouldn’t but probably will annoy a few. :lol:
But that's just it, the META doesn't matter. Yes, you get a win, but the DR and Sr isn't affected so there's less of a worry about performance, at least for me and from what I have seen.

Ha, just won with the GTI (not META) and saw @Sven Jurgens in the old Barker :D

b6e9c5594efb221924cba0083530bd86_photo.webp

This is all I was hoping for from PD and GT7...this...more of this and I'll totally change my tune on GT7

Yep, Barker is fun to drive at the glen. I got it down to 1:28 laps, made a couple passes but it lacks top speed so I just get passed again on the 'straight'. It probably can't go faster there anyway since it already starts sliding in those high speed corners. I can barely keep it steady going from edge to edge of the track.

Kinda a shame DR doesn't adjust in this race, means I'm stuck in the top split. And still a pita to have to go buy SH tires for every car you want to try. It does seem PD abandoned car and oil wear? I did a lot of races in the Lexus last week and the oil is still excellent. Engine and body as well. Next just make all tires available for sport mode please. Just a nuisance trying to enter a race, not having the tires and missing the race while backing out to the tuning shop.

And yep @NAXEHT, I made @Voodoovaj wait for my slow 93 year old car to arrive :lol:

'All' this mode needs is the PP system to get fixed. I guess ride height is the popular glitch method now? Or suspension? Dunno, don't car, I just swap out parts and use the ECU and ballast to match requirements. 1929 car with a racing computer lol.

'All' this mode needs is the PP system to get fixed. I guess ride height is the popular glitch method now? Or suspension?
I am pretty sure that it's based on performance rather than setting. If you raise the front, the car handles worse (Less lateral G) and, ergo, PP goes down.

I tried it and hats off to the people that can make it work. Cars handle horrible.

Maybe lateral grip needs yo be weighted less than torque! I know that my 700pp Challenger is far slower around the Ring than my 600pp R8, so maybe weight is more important than G. Either way, this issue is one that seems more complicated than it appears on the surface

Back