okay so i have alot of PS3 friends showing online on the XMB playing GT5. However in the community tab there are only a handful shown to be online(green light lit up).
now, does this mean that when the green light is lit up that those guys are the only ones playing online or is there a glitch with GT5 where it does not show other 'friends' playing GT5 online
Could it also mean that they're looking for an online race but not in one yet. Because I check my friends often and I find that the green light is on but they aren't online alot.
Yes there needs to be a upgrade to the online portion again.. One of my friends had a green light beside his name and I clicked on his name and then went to his lounge only to find out that I was sitting in his lounge by myself.
I think it is that the game becomes disconnected from the GT servers at times. You can not usually gift a car when in this state either.
As for the green light I have no idea. It does not seem to be linked to anything that I can tell. I have seen it on several times on some of my friends and they were not in any lobby in some cases they were not even home and just had Bob running an endurance race. Other times they have been online and in a lobby but no green light.
If one of your friends is in an online lobby you will see the little playing icon next to thier lounge icon. Does not matter if they are in thier lounge, someone elses lounge or a public lobby.