FRJR1992's SS Route X Tests

  • Thread starter Thread starter FRJR1992
  • 17 comments
  • 1,319 views
Messages
18
United States
Texas
Messages
FRJR1992
Hey everyone, I've completed a lot of tests with cars on SS Route X and have compiled the results. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and I plan on adding more cars soon. I'll leave a link to this thread in my sig, as well as any write-ups I do.

CarComparisonV1-page-001-1.jpg
 
Testing with sports softs kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
 
They all look much faster off the mark than they should be.
 
He used manual tranny maybe that's why.
 
When you use manual you can unleash the full power of the car by staying in the powerband.
 
When you use manual you can unleash the full power of the car by staying in the powerband.

Who uses auto?!?! Especially if he's trying to replicate real-world times?

Anyway, my point still stands, the vast majority of these runs are much faster than their real-world equivalents.
 
Testing with sports softs kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Which tires would you suggest? SH? I was under the impression that SS was the standard. Perhaps I was incorrect.

DOM00000
When you use manual you can unleash the full power of the car by staying in the powerband.

Bingo, I paid careful attention to my launch and never launched @ idle. With many cars I had to contend with little wheelspin, and with others I experienced extreme wheelspin (Enzo - which is why I got consistently better times launching in 2nd gear)
 
I'd say use sport soft I've tested this myself and matched the zr1s real life 1/4 mile time using automatic with no aids and mad the exact specs as the real one too.
 
Ahem. Where are the results? :P
 
Which tires would you suggest? SH? I was under the impression that SS was the standard. Perhaps I was incorrect.

Most say that the supercar/hypercar set tend to be on tyres closest to SH. The one thing I will say is that, having done a similar (though not nearly as comprehensive) test of the supercars on their stock tyres, some of them can be an absolute nightmare to launch consistently.

Oh and of course, manual transmission/paddles where appropriate (h-gate shifter for an F40, paddles for a 430/458 and so on).
 
I'm doing some comparative reviews at the moment and it seems as if the popular sentiment is for me to use harder tires.

Since I will be adding to these speed tests over time, look for an additional spreadsheet to be posted here in the future with these comprehensive tests done with SH tires. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, until then you'll at least have a lot of SS data!
 
I've been doing something like this, except everything stays on sports hard tires. I've been debating whether or not tuner cars should also be tested on sports hards, as this gives a more leveled playing field but robs speed.

If you have a miura, a W12 Nardo, a Countach 25th anniversary and an 02 ford gt i could probably help you out with the rest 👍
 
Nope sport soft is the closest to real life physics in a straight line.

No.
Example: Ford GT doesn't do 0-60 in 3 seconds flat in real life.
Example 2: Enzo doesn't do a sub 3-second 0-60, let alone starting in 2nd gear..
 
Last edited:
Back