FRL ~ 15th LE MANS CLASSIC ~ The Greatest Race In the FRL Returns - Q3 SATURDAY!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 20 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
AN FRL 10th ANNIVERSARY PRESENTATION:

LM15_OP2.jpg

PREVIOUS WINNERS

GRAN TURISMO 5

1st - Furinkazen (Ford)
2nd - Spurgy (Ford)
3rd - Spurgy (Jaguar) / PaulMac (Corvette)
4th - Spurgy (Jaguar) / Niop (Corvette)
5th - JoeOfTheFire (Ford) / Sagaris (AC)
6th - OK8 (Ferrari) / Lancer (Jaguar) / MJ (Alfa)
7th - JoeOfTheFire (Jaguar) / Sagaris (Alpine)
8th - Panoz (Ford) / Yeratel (Lamborghini)

GRAN TURISMO 6
9th - JoeOfTheFire (Shelby) / Rossington (Shelby)
10th - Furinkazen (Ford) / Rob (Ferrari)
11th - Lancer (Ferrari) / Jammy (Shelby)
12th - Filo (Jaguar) / Moleman (Corvette)

GRAN TURISMO SPORT
13th - Lancer (Ferrari) / Rob (Jaguar)
14th - Lancer (Ferrari) / Kosmic (Lancia)

unknown.png

unknown.png

Liveries must be presented in period style and design. Unapproved liveries will not be allowed to participate / be scored.

Last edited:
FINALLY we are live for the 15th running of the crown jewel of the FRL. A week-long event of a test day, 3 qualifying sessions, and finally a three hour race... all in the noisiest and most valuable grid in GT Sport. V8 and V12 prototypes worth 20 million apiece, through to a cost-capped GT class with everything from tiny rear engined Alpine's to massively powerful lumbering Corvettes. Also new to the party are 2 support races, a bit of fun in some other classics. Check out the Shelby Trophy this Sunday and Sportsman Trophy on Saturday 24th, even if you can't or don't want to race the full 3 hours, you're more than welcome to dip in....

Welcome to the 15th Running of the FRL LE MANS CLASSIC.

Hope to see you a full grid, just like the last time we ran the race over a year ago.

TONIGHT:

The 2 hour test for the LE MANS CLASSIC from 8pm, however beforehand it's a thunderous tribute to Carroll Shelby and creations that have graced the WSC.

Still spaces for both.

OP_COBRA.jpg

Photo finish in the Cobra race in the Daytona class, and great win for Jon (results to follow).

GT class updated BOP:

unknown.png

Q1 tonight from 20:00 BST (10hrs 25 from this post). 60 minute session. Please submit to me your best lap in the session if I have not recorded it. A reminder you are NOT required to take part in the session, but be aware it is your best time from any of the 3 sessions that count.

Updated entry list:
unknown.png

unknown.png

The entry list is filling up ahead of Q2 for the 15th FRL LE MANS CLASSIC.Little summarisation of what's new / updated:

In P, official entry of the #5 Jaguar of PluxTheDuck under the Made For Racing banner and addition of a second car for the team in some capacity looks likely.

Ghostman confirmed as the #9, however switched from P class and instead to GT alongside Connor in the new team pair of Bus(c)h Racing De Tomaso's. GTRacer has had to scratch his Corvette entry, leaving Fox as only one remaining.

RACECAR confirmed as linking up with myself and Panoz again under the Ford Anglo-America entry, and the 4th Mustang of Randy joins the stable under the Ford Anglo-America/Red Line Racing banner.

DK confirmed as #68 in his Toyota with a second 2000GT on the grid for the returning Warlock (last seen at the Laguna Seca opener last year).

Finally, Zoppo joins the grid from his Thunderclub series, car choice TBC but told it will be a V8 motor of some sort.

Q2 - (60 minute session) 10hrs 30 from this message. If you've not got me already, remember Furi_54 is the PSN you need.

Qualifying 3 complete, and what i'm sure is our closest Q session ever up in Prototype.

unknown.png

unknown.png

If any driver wishes to drop to the back of there class for the start, please inform me by race start.

20210725120228.jpg

20210725120236.jpg

20210725120218.jpg

Race start is a traditional standing start, on the start of the race session, all cars hold in your handbrakes and let the field form 1 by 1 at the pit wall angled, starting with overall leader @LancerEvo7 . This is from the Start line, NOT the timing line. When in position please hold handbrake and do not ghost your car.

A time will be called out by myself in-game text chat (example "4 20"), and this refers to the time on the in-game session timer (bottom left) we will be racing from. Remember your tyres will all have significantly cooled so grip levels and braking performance will not be at a maximum up to Dunlop!

Race room will be up approximately 1800 BST (just under 6hrs from this post), with start procedure scheduled for 1930 BST. We are going to be going when @Pluxtheduck makes it to the track as he has a race finishing just before ours.

Good luck!

Back