FRL - Furi Racing Leagues - Club Thread moving to Discord, news posted.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 500 comments

The first FRL Sunday Series on GTS... your choice - you may vote for up to THREE options!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's actually jackpot for you, because if it's a racing series that has a team-format where you can only have gold/bronze or silver/silver pairings, you would get a faster teammate. :D
Can't wait to actually race you guys. I wanna team with @DaxCobra in a bronze only series

furikittylitter.png

Re: V8s - I think the feeling of the cars is the most important, rather than the laptimes so much.

GT3s I do think will be too controllable because of the aero. Whereas in the V8 series we ran before, the cars were super twitchy on the power which was perfect.

GT4s with the lower aero I think would be more suited, I'd rather they were a twitchy car V8-style, rather than looking to match a V8-laptime.

I'd really not want to have 4WD cars in V8s.

I'd also recommend heavier cars. Should be big heavy fast cars.

Gr4 would be cool if no 4WD.

The higher power specs are necessary for Gr3 and I think it will be a lot better since Gr3 has a ton of downforce and would need the difficulty of driving that the cars back before had.

We'll have to test specs to see what feels the best at some point @Furinkazen

So would like some opinions from those who participated in FRL V8 SUPERCARS on GT6. Planning a reboot on GTS but do have two options - using GR3 and GR4 regulations as a base. However these come with advantages and disadvantages...

GT4:
+ Less aero-dependency, heavier cars, more mechanical grip related like IRL Supercars.
- Can only make around 500hp and at 1300kg (less than old specs of 650/1450) are around 7-8 seconds a lap slower at a track like Bathurst (on RH tyres, RM is an option to boost), and include 4WD

GT3:
+ Can make 650/1450 and do lap times comparable to IRL and old series regs, and are all FR (no 4WD).
- GT3 cars, reliant on aero grip more than mechanical, not entirely like a IRL Supercar.

Thoughts and ideas?

@Whitetail @Mini Stiggy @Yeratel84 @cnd01 @The Stig Farmer @R1600Turbo @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @Ninners @Carbonox @snowgt @Andil @chrisjohnson93 @GTracer38

I am not overly familiar with GT Sport as I have yet to purchase it, but based on what you have mentioned there I would have a preference towards the Gr4 spec cars.

It seems more true to what Supercars have to an extent (even though the Supercars aero is seemingly growing) and the times would likely be comparable with the MARC Focus/3 cars.

AWD isn't great though. Is their anyway to restrict that in game?

---- I'll likely get the game in the next week or so. Interested in a potential series pending times and dates of course.

I am not overly familiar with GT Sport as I have yet to purchase it, but based on what you have mentioned there I would have a preference towards the Gr4 spec cars.

It seems more true to what Supercars have to an extent (even though the Supercars aero is seemingly growing) and the times would likely be comparable with the MARC Focus/3 cars.

AWD isn't great though. Is their anyway to restrict that in game?

---- I'll likely get the game in the next week or so. Interested in a potential series pending times and dates of course.
GR4 uses drivetrain of road car with locked diff for 4WD.

Is there still room here? I just got the game but I have been playing since GT1 and I have had enough of getting shafted in open lobbies.

Always room for members, this is the club topic which links to everything else. :)

So to re-iterate for anyone reading, this is the topic for FRL and it's news and discussions, as well as being a showcase. Plenty interesting things coming.

ToCA14... well me and @Spurgy 777 did a set of damn good specs. Then PD happens, you know how it goes, so back to the drawing board and Racing Hard tyres we go!

The 2018 preparations for ToCA14 also are boosted by a partial support series, returning from GT5 for a third season the ToCA Carrera Cup. A series with three different driver classes - PRO, PRO-AM1, PRO-AM2 . These will be differentiated by endplates and mirrors. 16 of these together on track are gorgeous to look at and listen to. The #54 is already all set.

Gran_TurismoTMSPORT_20171128160230.jpg

Gran_TurismoTMSPORT_20171128160320.jpg

Gran_TurismoTMSPORT_20171128160409.jpg

20171129000500.jpg

I would also like to thank @GTPorsche for helping resurrect a series that only got one series yet deserved so much more - GTE returns with some mouth-watering machinery all BoP'd ahead of a pilot endurance event at Maggiore hopefully before the year is finished - who's is going to be your manufacturer of choice?

20171129000621.jpg

20171129000516.jpg
20171129000527.jpg
20171129000537.jpg
20171129000552.jpg
20171129000602.jpg
20171129000611.jpg

So myself and @GTPorsche have post update been re-evaluating the ToCA14 field. All cars plus old rejected candidates have been put through their paces and after a couple tracks testing, things are looking very good.

Few notes with the cars:

~Braking distances are non-existant with the light weight, you can really throw the car into the turn.
~FWD in car to car contact doesn't react wildly like old GT's, they keep pretty stable.
~Kyoto Reverse is an excellent track with plenty of passing chances.

Back