From Good To Bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter D_gamer725
  • 6 comments
  • 722 views
Messages
147
Messages
DodgeViperRocks
Has there ever been a car you like and one day, a new model was released and you hated it (or was at least dissappointed, like me). That's wait happen to me with the new Subaru Imprezza Hatchback. The Imprezza used to be fine with me untill the newest model was released. When I saw it, I said in my mind "Looks like Subaru's got a new model on the way." At the 2008 New York auto show, I learned that the same car was the Imprezza. It seem to have lost it's (physical) edge.
 
I didn't like it at the time, (I was 5 or 6) but I'm still not satisfied with any Mercedes E Class after 1995.. :dopey: They just seem artificial. They may be more powerful and faster, but the engineering isn't back yet in that segment. The only current M-B product I'm sold on is the C class.

The Impreza is a letdown for sure. The styling is atrocious, and it feels like a Toyota.
 
Totally Toyota!! Hope They don't mess up the next model.:ouch:
 
I have a couple.
The old Mercury Cougar turned into the crappy FWD 4cyl modern one.
Same with the Malibu pretty much.
Celica GT-Fours looked way better than the SS-II.
 
+1 on the Impreza, although I haven't really liked the styling of those since they did away with the bugeye headlights. I also used to think the SW20 MR2 was such a cool car. Then Toyota came out with that lame MR-S thing to replace it and I hated it. I'm also dissapointed with the styling of the new Mitsubishi Lancer. As impressive as the performance of the new Evo X is, the styling just doesn't do it for me. The Chris Banglized styling of all current BMW's is dissapointing as well.
 
I didn't like it at the time, (I was 5 or 6) but I'm still not satisfied with any Mercedes E Class after 1995.. :dopey: They just seem artificial.

I like the 03+ models but the 96-02 was not true to form and represented the beginning of the end. Of course the nadir was marked by the 98-05 ML. In fact you could probably pin it down to the exact 1999 ML320 that represented the very low point of Mercedes quality. Only recently is Mercedes pulling themselves out of this unfortunate hole marked by dated interiors and shoddy build quality.
 
The BMW 7 series. I loved the E38. Now the new version (E65,E66) is ugly and looks stupid IMO.
 
Back