From Pad to Wheel - What a Difference

  • Thread starter Thread starter P0tt3r
  • 23 comments
  • 1,921 views
Messages
65
Messages
C0lp0tt4
Wow, just got a Logitech Driving Force Wheel yesterday and Bronzed the Vettel challenges within a dozen tries on Nurburg and Suzuka, i had previously only managed bronze on Monza with a Pad.

The main difference seems to be in high speed turns with a wheel you can really place the car with gradual steering rather than having to tap tap on the pad to steer round, the difference is like night and day, for anyone still in doubt a wheel transforms this game
 
Wow, just got a Logitech Driving Force Wheel yesterday and Bronzed the Vettel challenges within a dozen tries on Nurburg and Suzuka, i had previously only managed bronze on Monza with a Pad.

The main difference seems to be in high speed turns with a wheel you can really place the car with gradual steering rather than having to tap tap on the pad to steer round, the difference is like night and day, for anyone still in doubt a wheel transforms this game

Good to know!
 
All these posts make me wanna buy one.

My dad is the only obstacle for me not having one yet:ouch:
 
zedextreme8177
All these posts make me wanna buy one.

My dad is the only obstacle for me not having one yet:ouch:

Once he's tried one you will definately get one. Any of your friends got one for him to try?
 
I bought the Logitech GT5 wheel before xmas and it's by far the best gaming thing I've ever owned. It makes an already excellent game 10 times better, when you go back to using the controller for a quick game you soon realise just how much a decent wheel adds to it.
 
it´s a huge difference, can´t imagine to go back and play racing games with pad again (except need for speed underground :D )
 
it´s a huge difference, can´t imagine to go back and play racing games with pad again (except need for speed underground :D )

Exactly how I felt after I got my wheel. Need for speed is the only driving game I use the pad for too.
 
All these posts make me wanna buy one.

My dad is the only obstacle for me not having one yet:ouch:

I know, right? I really want a wheel, but my parents is interfering with that dream coming true (that, and released games I want to buy this year).
 
Ordered one yesterday, coming in tomottow
 
zedextreme8177
All these posts make me wanna buy one.

My dad is the only obstacle for me not having one yet:ouch:

My dad is actually paying a part from it, and gt5 is actually his gane
 
They also recently made the times needed for bronze 10 seconds easier, just saying this may have something to do with it. X1 is the one car that a wheel makes a huge difference with though
 
They also recently made the times needed for gold 10 seconds easier, just saying this may have something to do with it. X1 is the one car that a wheel makes a huge difference with though

are you talking about the x1 challenge? afaik they only changed bronze times. if they really did so i have to try them again. i was 0.5 seconds away from golding nurburgring and about 3 seconds at monza and suzuka
 
I doubt I'll ever play a racing game on the DS3 again lol
 
Yeah I meant bronze lol. He said he got bronze within a short space of time though, which may be down to these easier times

I did the challenges, trying for hours to get the old bronze times (on my 8 year old 90degree wheel) then 3 days after they made it a million times easier ><
 
ah, darn! this´d have been a million exp for free :/
 
Its funny cause My dad bought both the wheel and game. Its awesome being an only child... :)
 
Ever since PD added the steering sensitivity thing I can't see any reason to get a wheel, but maybe that's just me :confused:
 
A wheel is the only reason I play racing games, it becomes a racing simulator.
 
I have the T500 and although it requires some setup to maximize enjoyment, GT5 becomes a real simulator. Driving the X1 with a good wheel is, I believe, the greatest experience any console can offer. It gives you more excitement, more precision, more control. You might get tired easily, but that is a minimum price for an overwhelming experience. I recommend buying at least the Driving Force.
 
Ever since PD added the steering sensitivity thing I can't see any reason to get a wheel, but maybe that's just me :confused:

i get better times with a DS3, for those who "Tap" the steering cant use a DS3, it takes smooth turns not taps. i beat vettel challenge with a DS3 in 3 trys of each
 
For some reason whenever I use a wheel I suck with it...at least on GT5P. I had the one that was made just for it...
 
I use a Fanatec wheel and it made a huge difference in the gameplay and driveability of all the cars.


i get better times with a DS3, for those who "Tap" the steering cant use a DS3, it takes smooth turns not taps. i beat vettel challenge with a DS3 in 3 trys of each

I call BS on that. Just another empty claim.
 
Back