front end help *please*

• Thread starter Damo 420
  • 7 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
so ive been playing gt6 for a while now and somethings been bothering me and hindering my racing alot and ive given up on trying to find the problem and a soloution so im throwing this out here too see what you guys think , im no novice when it comes to tuning and to be fair i know my stuff pretty well and this is whats bothering me, is it that maybe its something more to do with gt6 and how the game works rather than tuning in general ijust cant figure it out so heres my issue...
the front end of the car (both fr/4wd) feels like it just doesnt want to turn in like there hardly any turning angle at all from 75mph and up its gets worse the faster i go , now this understeer to me just doesnt feel like normal understeer at all the feeling it gives is like theres something working against the car wanting to turn
now ive tryed everything in tuning section to get around this no matter how suttle or extreme the methods and increases/decreases have been its still always there forcing the front to wash out and run wide =(

sorry if its a hard read fella's , ive found this understeer issue hard to word

Hello all
so ive been playing gt6 for a while now and somethings been bothering me and hindering my racing alot and ive given up on trying to find the problem and a soloution so im throwing this out here too see what you guys think , im no novice when it comes to tuning and to be fair i know my stuff pretty well and this is whats bothering me, is it that maybe its something more to do with gt6 and how the game works rather than tuning in general ijust cant figure it out so heres my issue...
the front end of the car (both fr/4wd) feels like it just doesnt want to turn in like there hardly any turning angle at all from 75mph and up its gets worse the faster i go , now this understeer to me just doesnt feel like normal understeer at all the feeling it gives is like theres something working against the car wanting to turn
now ive tryed everything in tuning section to get around this no matter how suttle or extreme the methods and increases/decreases have been its still always there forcing the front to wash out and run wide =(

sorry if its a hard read fella's , ive found this understeer issue hard to word
Try with front-sports medium and rear-sports hard tires,this work for me.

im running on RS both front and back , i have tryed mixing up different tyres but no success , the only thing thats somewhat cured the problem is setting the cars up to spin in the rear to get the turn in but its not really helped as obviously im losing traction and seconds per lap :/

found the problem :/ unfixable , any one who has a ds3 pad may aswell not bother playing , the computer overides the users steering input the more you accelerate , the computer deciding when to step in and overide is way to sensitive , front tires are showing no signs of being under stress at all yet the computer overides and lessens my steering input ... thats just stupid...... guess im just going to have to spend stupid money on a wheel now :/

im running on RS both front and back , i have tryed mixing up different tyres but no success , the only thing thats somewhat cured the problem is setting the cars up to spin in the rear to get the turn in but its not really helped as obviously im losing traction and seconds per lap :/
It has been found that RS tyres on the majority of road cars do not work. They are more a hinderance than helpful. Most tunes I have seen tend to use SS at most on road cars as they provide greater grip overall.

ye i did hear that actually , thanks for the heads up , my issue has been the computer stepping in and overiding my steering inputs when it deems the cars front end is at its limit , think thats a bit stupid how early it cuts in for pad users but hey im sure with this knowledge that gt overides like this i can some what tune around theis issue in the game

I have been doing a lot of Road car tunes and I tune using a DS3 as I have no wheel. (nor can I afford one). Why don't you take a look at a tune I have done at any of the PP ranges and see if that helps with the handling?

my issue has been the computer stepping in and overiding my steering inputs when it deems the cars front end is at its limit
No, it doesn't do that.

The only thing it does is to change the lock angle depending on your speed. If you are stationary, you get more lock than you do when you are at speed.

Locking this as you've now got 2 threads on the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back