Frustrated

  • Thread starter Thread starter frostie
  • 13 comments
  • 1,227 views
Messages
17
I have and enjoy both GT5 and Forza3, while I believe GT5 excels in the actual simulator department im so frustrated at the level of gaming PD put into the product.

How could they be so careless to forget that GT5 is to be enjoyed through personal progression.

One of the biggest problems is the limited races, you just can't pick any car and race in a competitive race while developing your career, some cars you can get a challenging race if you tune them but that is totally against what GT is all about. IMO its about realistic cars and you don't get more realistic than a standard car eg. 300bhp Impreza.

Try and find a standard race where you can race for example Impreza's vs Evo's or for that matter Impreza's v Impreza's, you can't the only option is to go to arcade and pick same vehicle race which defeats the object of facing up against different breeds of similair cars.

But the limiting doesn't stop there, if I want to have a competitive race on the Ring while progressing my career (what GT is about) I have to do it in a German car. Why oh why is there no option to create my own races with my own choice of vehicles and track so I can enjoy this sim fully and set the challenge bar wherever I want it with whichever car I wish to race and wish to race against.

This to me is a no brainer which adds longevity to the game which as of now everytime I switch it on its a case of WTF can I do. My hands are tied to do whatever PD wants me to do in MY career.

Its been done in FM2 and FM3 a simple create an online room and add AI. Something which is so simple, adds so much to the game which is one reason I reluctantly nearly always turn on the XBOX instead of my beloved GT5.
 
Yeah sure. Lets use a Super GT car for the DTM championship...














It's called the DTM championship for a reason....
 
Why don't you set up an online race with some mates & agree beforehand which cars & what track you'll be using? I know it's not always easy to do, but there's plenty of different races being organised in the online racing forums here. Problem solved, kinda
 
My hands are tied to do whatever PD wants me to do in MY career.

Step 1: Make an Online Lobby.
Step 2: Name it "EVO v STI" or whatever you want to limit the race to.
Step 3: Kick anyone who does not use the appropriate cars.
Step 4: Relax and have fun.

The game isn't limiting you to the pre-selected races - you are. Just go online and you can race whichever you prefer. AI drivers are terrible anyways so it should be more of a challenge online with decent, clean drivers. When you run into a few, add them on PSN and soon you'll have enough PSN buddies to ensure quality racing whenever you wish. 👍


-----
Also - don't bother comparing GT to FM. That's a surefire way to start a flame war (you just know that someone will jump in and start bashing one or the other) and get your thread locked. GTPlanet keeps the two games in seperate sections of the forum for a reason.
 
Step 1: Make an Online Lobby.
Step 2: Name it "EVO v STI" or whatever you want to limit the race to.
Step 3: Kick anyone who does not use the appropriate cars.
Step 4: Relax and have fun.

The game isn't limiting you to the pre-selected races - you are. Just go online and you can race whichever you prefer. AI drivers are terrible anyways so it should be more of a challenge online with decent, clean drivers. When you run into a few, add them on PSN and soon you'll have enough PSN buddies to ensure quality racing whenever you wish. 👍


-----
Also - don't bother comparing GT to FM. That's a surefire way to start a flame war (you just know that someone will jump in and start bashing one or the other) and get your thread locked. GTPlanet keeps the two games in seperate sections of the forum for a reason.

👍 Agreed.
I was a bit too lazy to type all that out, but there's your perfect advise right there ^^^
 
:cheers: Villian.

99% of my GT5 gameplay is online with many friends..
 
i feel your pain, when i look at events list in Forza 3 i amazed how PD could fail at that department
 
Yeah sure. Lets use a Super GT car for the DTM championship... It's called the DTM championship for a reason....

If you mean the Lexus then you're confused... the car is clearly built to the DTM box spec (you only have to look at the outboard strakes to see that). Lexus is a company registered in Japan and also in Germany where Toyota's Lexus brand has had a base for years.

The Lexus IS-F 'Concept' car was a specifically built DTM prototype that sadly hasn't made it to the track yet - and it looks nothing like a Super GT car... although I presume you mean GT500 because Super GT isn't actually a class.

LexusDTMPrototype.jpg


@OP: I agree that it's kind of frustrating buying a new car for each competition.

To balance that though, imagine this is a real-life racing career of the type that Kaz is trying to emulate. You'd hardly expect to buy a car for one comp and then run it in every other comp available to you.

Instead you're forced to increase your collection Leno-style, another of Kaz's visions for the game.
 
I don't know... I think it's been addressed - GT5 A-Spec comps can feel over-limited, and a custom series builder would be quite cool.

I only answered the IS-F Concept Is a Super GT Car thing because it irritates the hell out of me :D
 
Thanks for your responses guys, I realise the potential of online play but sometimes its nice to tweek the whole race to your own wants and needs.
Some tracks I am very poor at so would for example want to race against maybe slightly slower cars, simply for the fun of close racing.
I find nothing more boring in GT5 than winning or losing by a clear mile.

With respect to the forum I wasn't aware of flamage comparisons between GT5 and FM, I thought that was just for the kids on youtube.
I'm a big boy and able to respect each games qualities without becoming a fanboy, probably because I own both. But mostly because I realise at the end of the day they are both by definition games and not a patch on reality.
But rFactor is better. :crazy:
 
In A-Spec there's tons of races for slow/older cars (300-400 PP range). There's also tons of races for high performance cars (600+ PP). Very few series for 400-500 PP range, which IMO are the most fun (i.e. common "sporty" street cars). Yeah yeah we can go online, but is that really an acceptable solution for a large chunk of missing content for the base game?
 
Yeah sure. Lets use a Super GT car for the DTM championship...

It's called the DTM championship for a reason....

useless post is useless.

i think his point is...

hey, i feel like racing the ring today. oh, but i dont want to use german cars. well, i could start an online race... and deal with people (like above)...

i do think a simple "create your own event" would be great.

you can set up the competition, with cars and pp restrictions. kind of like an online lobby... but with ai.
 
Back