Frustrating glitches/problems with Horizon, which could be patched?

• Thread starter Mcjoz88
  • 16 comments
United States
Pennsylvania, U
Mcjoz88
GuitarJozz
So basically, this topic is to mainly voice our opinions on things which could be improved upon in Horizon. Not for a future Horizon title, I mean small little glitches or annoyances which could easily be fixed with an update or patch to the game. Hopefully Playground Games, or Turn 10 could see this topic at some point, and perhaps take note of some of the major ones.

For instance:

I am trying to find some good rims to put on the Ford SVT Raptor I bought, but the regular view is horrible. It only shows one front tire, and then if you hit X, it goes into the outer view, but the rim choice menu at the bottom of the screen covers the vehicle, and I can't see what the hell the rim looks like that way either.:irked:

And also, when you go to buy a new car at the Autoshow, the camera is zoomed in too much there as well, making it impossible to view the entire car, even if you click the right joystick, or move the camera around after pushing X. How did they not notice these flaws?!:odd:

One other weird thing, is once I tried changing the paint color of the rims on my Challenger, from stock white, to black, and saved, and went back to free roam. But the rims were back to white, but, and here's the weird part, they would change to black(like magic!) as soon as I would start to accelerate. :confused:

So anyone else frustrated as well with some of these little things that they either forgot to address or didn't notice? What are some other things that you think could be addressed in a future patch?

Let's say I put a new body kit and spoiler on a car. Later, I decide to make my car completely stock and I choose "Reset to Default Upgrades" to remove everything, including the body kit. After doing that, I go to change my car and guess what? The two thumbnails of my car in "Car Select" STILL show it wearing the body kit, even when it's completely stock in reality. The only way to prevent this is to remove the kits manually myself.

This SAME glitch exists in FM4 and I can't believe it reared its ugly head in Horizon. Really annoying.

I had that happen once, so now if I have a car I really like I save the original stock settings from the car dealer. Then I can load the stock if I need too.

I had that happen once, so now if I have a car I really like I save the original stock settings from the car dealer. Then I can load the stock if I need too.

I'll start doing that.

Another irritating glitch I found when playing online and it's pretty bad. After voting for the class the next race will be in, the game will still sometimes keep you at the voting screen, even after voting is over. The result? You can't pick the car you want to use and you're forced to use a loaner car if you decide to stay for the race.

This problem just might ruin online for me a bit if it happens too often.

Another issue is in multiplayer free roam where your decals do not show up to other players and other players can't see yours...something like that. Only if you do not switch cars they can see yours. There are other details about this that I don't remember but everyone is having this problem. MAJOR disappointment for me =( I've been playing nothing but free roam until found out about this. Not playing it as much anymore. I wished they took notes from MCLA.

I don't think we will be shocked if none of these problems are fixed or seeing any DLC wheels, kits, or whatever. This type of game surely needs deeper customization. Seems like these folks are getting ideas from tuner magazines of years ago. You can't even mod the cars like the real life ones they were showing in promoting this game.

There's one race I did earlier on today, an S-Class race, where one of the front runners had an Aventador... which is classified as an R3 when purchased. (But then again, the same problem appeared in FM4, notably with the 5cyl championship, where the B-Class Focus ST was racing against a field of C-Class cars...)

And this is a bit of nitpicking perhaps, but everytime I select a different car for a new race, it automatically resets the radio to that retarded dubstep station. Not that big of a deal since the soundtrack is crap anyway and the dj just keeps on repeating the same things over and over again, but still, you'd think they could at least implement some sort of memory feature. Rockstar could do it with Vice City and San Andreas, and that was back in the PS2 days...

Yea one stuped glitch I had yesterday when I bought the Shelby GT500, I picked the all black no stripes. I then go to paint and picked black Matte and when I went back to free roam it was matte black with white stripes What?. I hope and sure they will have a patch come out later to fix some of these weird glitches.

I tried to upload a large replay on Sunday and it just disappeared into the ether.

I think these are rather minor nuisances. Just enjoy the game! And if you get tired easily, then simplyyyy revert back to FM4! Either way, as gamers and car lovers, we have quite a handful of options!

I think these are rather minor nuisances. Just enjoy the game! And if you get tired easily, then simplyyyy revert back to FM4! Either way, as gamers and car lovers, we have quite a handful of options!

These nuisances are in FM4 as well.

^ We've still got unnecessary menu/UI limitations lifted from FM4, such as only being able to load car setups in a few select places. I have a C-class setup for that S-class car, I don't need to auto-upgrade it! There's also the painting/upgrade glitches people have mentioned, again from FM4.

My #1 wish for a patch is simply an option to disable Alice's constant bitching. You would think it would be a minor thing, but she opens her trap way too often to ignore, and muting the engine sound just to chew me out for playing the game the way I want to is straight-up insulting. What a stupid blemish on such a great game.

I'm still being tortured by my RWD front end lift at >150mph... very frustrating.
I only get little bits of lift and it feels convincing (not that I spend a lot of time going 180mph). Are you still pulling big wheelies? The only "wheelies" I've ever done are from landing a jump a certain way, where the front end bounces up.

Everything in this thread, happens in FM4 as well. I dont know exactly you want me to highlight. Minus the problem that justchyllan is having.

Now is probably a good time to add that I moved my profile and game save from my external solid state unit onto my 360's HDD and that has seemed to solve the problem for whatever reason.

The next thing that bothers me is what Wolfe mentioned, Alice's constant and unrelenting interruptions of unnecessary nagging. I turned off the GPS voice because it just became annoying, and Alice is the same way. Should definitely have an option to turn off her nagging...

Back