Frustrating problem developed with my DD Pro

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 6 comments
United States
Addison IL.
I bought a DD Pro (5 Nm) when it came out, it seemed to work fine until about a month ago.
Lately the turning radius has been changing to where I have to turn the wheel twice as far and it
seems to be happening more and more. It happens about 75% of the time, usually at the start of
a session or when I pit.

I have no idea if it's the wheel, the base or GT7.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I bought a DD Pro (5 Nm) when it came out, it seemed to work fine until about a month ago.
Lately the turning radius has been changing to where I have to turn the wheel twice as far and it
seems to be happening more and more. It happens about 75% of the time, usually at the start of
a session or when I pit.

I have no idea if it's the wheel, the base or GT7.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Pretty sure something got messed up with the 1.43 GT7 update. A lot of people are having this issue (seen it on streams). I think if you pause and un-pause it fixes it... until it happens again anyway. I do not know the resolve as I have a Logi Pro so I've not been keeping abreast. But, seems like a GT7 problem and not Fanatec.

Anyone with a Fanatec feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Pretty sure something for messed up with the 1.43 GT7 update. A lot of people are having this issue (seen it on streams). I think if you pause and un-pause it fixes it... until it happens again anyway. I do not know the resolve as I have a Logi Pro so I've not been keeping abreast. But, seems like a GT7 problem and not Fanatec.

Yes I believe it was the Feb update when it started happening.
Pretty sure it is a widely known issue, as in, a lot of others have also experienced this problem.

Another issue I have noticed started around the same time is sometimes when I enter the pits or pause the game, the steering wheel will want to start turning to full lock either left or right. Can be easy to lose your steering position as a result but again a pause/un-pause will normally fix this.

Yes I believe it was the Feb update when it started happening.
Pretty sure it is a widely known issue, as in, a lot of others have also experienced this problem.

Another issue I have noticed started around the same time is sometimes when I enter the pits or pause the game, the steering wheel will want to start turning to full lock either left or right. Can be easy to lose your steering position as a result but again a pause/un-pause will normally fix this.
I’ve experienced the turn issue and the pit issue. Both came at the same update. It’s a GT7 issue. Always seems odd that these things can happen with an update. Makes no sense to me.

That's another known issue with the Fanatec firmware:
When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side.
According to Maurice, it'll get fixed eventually:
Maurice Böschen
Yes, it is still on the list to get fixed at some point in the future. Actually there was progress on this issue very recently so it wont take years anymore, just months.

Pretty sure something got messed up with the 1.43 GT7 update. A lot of people are having this issue (seen it on streams). I think if you pause and un-pause it fixes it... until it happens again anyway. I do not know the resolve as I have a Logi Pro so I've not been keeping abreast. But, seems like a GT7 problem and not Fanatec.

Thanks for all the replies. Thats good news, really didn't want to buy a new wheel right now

Back