[FS] 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 - 75k miles, mods

• Thread starter Event
  • 0 comments

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
I'm selling my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring with ~75,000 miles on it to make room for a new car. Mazda gave this car 270hp, a 6 speed manual transmission, all-wheel drive, a power moonroof, leather seats, keyless start and entry, and Bose audio. I gave it a downpipe, Cobb Accessport (with custom tune), Autotech high-pressure fuel pump internals (absolutely essential for any modded MZR DISI motors), Jbarone short shift plate, Cobb short ram intake, Sure Motorsports rear motor mount, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust with custom Magnaflow tips, and Car_LED tail lights. I have not dyno'd it but it's likely ~50hp over stock. More aggressive tuning should be able to squeeze out an additional 25hp, the tune I'm running is conservative. The exhaust does not drone and sounds awesome with spirited driving. I have all of the stock parts except for the exhaust. You can take them with the car or not, I don't care either way.

I have changed the oil every 5000-7500 miles with full synthetic Shell Rotella T6 5W-40. Do your research and you'll find that the turbo on the MZR DISI motor in this car likes to smoke at idle. When I purchased the car at 31k miles I switched the 5W-40 oil as suggested by many (including Mazda themselves). Because of this, my car does NOT smoke, even with the downpipe (which sometimes exacerbates the issue). There are no mechanical issues that I am aware of. This car has been absolutely wonderful to me. It has never been tracked, beat on, or even launched from a stop (no clutch dumps! The clutch is still going strong!). I took it to the dealer once to get a leaky transfer case resealed (there was a TSB for it) and I had the high pressure relief valve on the fuel rail stick open on me and had to replace it. I've taken care of the car with regular maintenance and washes. I replaced the tires with Continental Extreme Contact DWS a few thousand miles ago. They have 30,000+ miles remaining on them (the last set lasted 35k and had to be replaced due to over-inflation wear in the rear. . . they front tires had at least 5k miles left on them but I replaced them anyways). These tires are awesome in winter when paired with the AWD system on this car.

Sadly, the car is not perfect. It looks good 10 feet away but as you get close you'll notice the dings. Unfortunately in this country nobody seems to care about other people's things so it has several dents from people carelessly bashing their doors into the car. Also, a security guard at my old job put two bolt holes in the rear bumper with his crown vic. Sadly, I could not prove it was him, so they come with the car. There's also a small crack at the bottom of the front diffuser (on the black part, it's not easily seen). The wheels have some curb rash. There are a few scuffs on the leather seats but they can probably be repaired. The hood has rock chips on it. The paint is in good condition, however, and really shines with a wash and wax.

Please don't waste your time by joyriding in my car. Go to a dealership if you want to do that. I am in no hurry. I'd like $12,000 for it but I'm open for offers. If you plan on low balling me, please tell me your offer before wasting my time test driving it. Otherwise, we can haggle after a test drive. I am in no hurry to sell the car.

The carfax is clean and there is no lien on the car. I own it outright.

Here is a link to more pictures: Photo Album - Imgur

8SlUqh.jpg

QbIMzh.jpg

O7T8hh.jpg

PWuTVh.jpg

rXpybh.jpg

Back