[FS] Canon EOS 50e 35mm SLR camera with 28-80mm lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilesGuthrie

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
Edinburgh, UK
CMDRTheDarkLord
I offer for sale my used Canon EOS 50e 35mm SLR camera, with a 28-80mm f/3.5-f/5.6 USM lens. It's approximately 5 years old but shows no real sign of its age, except for its flat battery!

The '50e has three-point autofocus, and once you calibrate it, you can select the AF point simply by looking at it. The "e" in the model number denoting "eye control". Being a Canon, handling is exceptional, and all the major controls fall to hand very easily.

There are a variety of program modes, stretching from the "automatic" zone (which will help you convert from a compact camera) through to the "creative" zone, where you have the power to control the camera yourself.

The camera has an on-board flash which is perfectly adequate for most uses.

The camera will be supplied with a 28-80mm lens, in excellent condition. There are some marks on the lens body, but the lens glass is in perfect condition having never been used without a filter. Sadly, the lens cap is missing, but this can be sourced quite economically.

The camera will be supplied with its original manual, plus a specific book for the camera that I purchased later. You will also get all the 35mm film I can find in my house. A mixture of AGFA, Kodak and Fuji film at various lengths and speeds, it will certainly be enough to get you started.

The camera cost over £500 when new, I will sell to the highest offer over £35 that has been placed here by 01:00 GMT on 15th July. Shipping will be quoted when the buyer's location is known. If you wish me to source and fit a replacement for the camera's battery, please tell me and add £6 to the price.

I am well used to trading using the internet. I have a 100% Positive Feedback rating on eBay.

I'll post pictures of the camera later.

I'm going to use one of my two allowed bumps to post pictures...

IMG_1112_1.JPG

IMG_1113_1.JPG

IMG_1114_1.JPG

IMG_1117_1.JPG

IMG_1118_1.JPG

What looks like a scratch near the focus ring on the lens is not: it's a hair!

Now to clear things up for interested buyers in the US, 35GBP translates into about $65USD, correct?

Ooh, I kind of want it, but is it practical for me?

I'm still debating, but I'm mildly interested.

Integra Type R
Now to clear things up for interested buyers in the US, 35GBP translates into about $65USD, correct?

Yes, at current exchange rates. Probably about £8 to post to the US additionally.

HACKr
Ooh, I kind of want it, but is it practical for me?

I'm still debating, but I'm mildly interested.

Practicality is an interesting term. Obviously in terms of packaging it's bigger than a 35mm compact, and much bigger than some of the tiny digitals. However, it takes excellent pictures, and its combination of Program and Creative zones for controlling the camera walks you from being a pointer-and-shooter to being an actual photographer. It's really easy to learn enough to be a better photographer with the EOS50e than you could be with any compact camera.

I know I'm saying this because I'm the vendor, but I am only selling this camera because I couldn't afford the post-shooting time it required. It's still a fantastic camera, and it's better to use than the EOS 350d that has replaced it in my bag. It's such a tactile, responsive thing to use. And then you get great pictures at the end of it. Plus lenses and filters can be obtained cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back