• Thread starter Tommi
  • 7 comments

Tommi

Mäkinen
Premium
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
GTP_Tommi2000
I was sorting out my room the other day and came across my old Game Boy color, as I no longer play or have any use for it (and I need the money) i've decided to let someone else enjoy it.

4818344050_bc6c144a9d.jpg

EU Model in Kiwi. All the games were purchased here in the UK. The power adaptor is the UK standard 3 pin plug.

I have used it a lot since I purchased it new in 1998, but aside from one scratch on the black proportion of the screen it's in superb condition. Everything advertised functions perfectly.

As well as the Game Boy itself, I am also selling:

• 3 hard plastic game cartridge cases
  • Chicken Run Game
  • MTV Pure Ride Snowboarding Game (inc. Instruction booklet)
  • Pokemon Gold Version Game
  • Powerpack & Mains adaptor (with Instruction leaflet)
  • Carry Case
Click thumbnails for larger images (sorry about the poor quality)

I have an idea how much i'd like to get for it all, but i'm open to offers. Also, I will allow individual items to be purchased from this bundle. I can ship to outside of the UK too but obviously it will cost more.

PM me if you're interested or have any questions.

EDIT: This is also being advertised somewhere else, so it could go at anytime.

Last edited:
Also, being that you have the Gold version, there is a chance that the game won't save anymore. The Gold and Silver versions have an internal battery for the game's clock and day/night cycles. But the battery dies after about seven years. Some last longer, some don't. But when that battery dies, the game stops saving. You could find a replacement battery. The battery in the game is like a watch battery, but it's a weird size, so really hard to find.

Also, being that you have the Gold version, there is a chance that the game won't save anymore. The Gold and Silver versions have an internal battery for the game's clock and day/night cycles. But the battery dies after about seven years. Some last longer, some don't. But when that battery dies, the game stops saving. You could find a replacement battery. The battery in the game is like a watch battery, but it's a weird size, so really hard to find.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know that.👍 I have a feeling the battery is dead as I randomly lost my gamesave a while ago. I'll try replacing the battery, if I can't do it then it's going in the bin.:lol:

The battery in Pokemon Gold is a CR-2025 button cell. I know you can replace it with a CR-2023 (the RBY Pokemon games used these) and a CR-2032 (when the battery in my copy of Gold went, I replaced it with one of these) if you can't find another CR-2025. The CR-2032 is a rather tight fit, but I went with it on the chance that it would last a little longer than a CR-2025.

I'll tell you how I replaced the battery in mine:

You need a pair of needlenose pliers, an X-acto knife or a utility knife and some electrical tape.

To get into the cartridge, slowly work the screw out with the needlenose pliers (I tossed the screw and replaced it with a precision Phillips head from the frame of a broken PSX controller so I can get back into the cartridge if I need to, but you can put the screw back in if you want).
The battery is soldered in, so you need to use the knife to gently pry the contacts off the battery. Then put the battery in and tape the contacts to the battery. Put the casing back on (but don't screw it back together!) and put it in your GameBoy. Play the game until you can save, do so and then restart the GameBoy to see if it worked. If it did, put the screw back in. If it didn't take the casing back off and make sure the battery is seated properly.

Hope this was helpful. I know all too well how annoying it is when one of those batteries dies.

That helps me too! I have Gold, Silver and Crystal versions that I like to play every now and then for nostalgia. But the batteries on all of them have died. So I need to replace them.

I know all too well how annoying it is when one of those batteries dies.

In my experience, I don't get that message, I just turn it on and get the New Game/Options screen.

That was the very first time I turned it on, and I had been playing it the day before it went (trying to get everything ready to transfer to Crystal no less. That it died the day I was going to transfer everything cause me no end of fury). That was actually the second of two error messages it had given me.

Back