FT-1 Race Trim?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giygas
  • 27 comments
  • 2,707 views
Messages
1,258
WorldCarFans
Several months ago, Motor Trend interviewed a handful of designers about the Toyota FT-1 concept. The video was a hit but the FT1 Club has just noticed something unusual about it - a mysterious rendering of a high-performance variant.

While the details are hard to make out, the rendering shows an aggressive FT-1 which has a two-tone exterior and what appears to be a fixed rear wing. The top left corner of the image also appears to show the outline of the Nürburgring which backs up the belief that is a sporting variant.

Of course this isn't the first time we've heard about a high-performance FT-1 as previous reports have suggested the company is working on a wide-body racing variant that could be part of a tie-in with Gran Turismo 6 and / or the Super GT series.

Source: Motor Trend and FT1 Club



g5hzyWl.jpg


I'm honestly unaware of any FT1 threads or if this should be merged into something.
 
That would be cool to see in a future update.
 


g5hzyWl.jpg


I'm honestly unaware of any FT1 threads or if this should be merged into something.

Thanks a lot.

What do you reckon for the performance. GT-500 like?
 
Update 1.10
 
PD might call it Toyota FT-1 Race Car (or even let's hope, "Toyota FT-1 Race Model Vision GT").
 
They have 7 days from now to reach the July deadline I believe.
 
I love the FT-1, and this car looks even better. I can't wait to see it in an update :drool:
 
The FT-1 is not a Vision GT ;)

Looks like yah spoke too soon

The FT1 is not a VGT but the FT1 VGT is.

@Giygas good eye, good call. You hit the nail on the head.
 
Last edited:
I have been proven right... the Toyota FT-1 Race Car is really called "Toyota FT-1 Vision GT".
 
Back