FT-86G Trailer thoughts.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Twinturbo120
  • 15 comments
  • 1,600 views
Messages
33
Messages
Twinturbo120
Well I was looking at the trailer and noticed a couple of things I would like to say.
First, in the beginning of the video the car is in a wind tunnel and on top of what looks like a dyno.
Second seeing the smoke made me happy they improved on it =)
There's one thing that bugged me though. In the trailer if you look at the front bumper you see a intercooler.
Which means this car has a turbo. Which means I should hear it or at least some compressor surge or maybe even a BOV.
Obviously I'm nip picking but still...
 
edit
 
Last edited:
I reckon this video is made with the GT5 graphics engine and isn't a GT5 replay. If you watch the other Toyota trailer and the Ferrari one from last year then the tyre smoke and sounds are improved but we have yet to see this translated into the actual GT5 gameplay/replay.

I'm hoping GT5 will be like this but until I see a game replay with these sound and smoke i'm thinking it will just be like we have seen and these videos have added extras we won't get in the game.
 
NBH
I reckon this video is made with the GT5 graphics engine and isn't a GT5 replay. If you watch the other Toyota trailer and the Ferrari one from last year then the tyre smoke and sounds are improved but we have yet to see this translated into the actual GT5 gameplay/replay.

I'm hoping GT5 will be like this but until I see a game replay with these sound and smoke i'm thinking it will just be like we have seen and these videos have added extras we won't get in the game.

That would suck.
 
And in real life smoke produces what on the track???

Skidmarks...Why don't you think there important PD..why???

I just do not understand there thinking on this...:ouch:
 
And in real life smoke produces what on the track???

Skidmarks...Why don't you think there important PD..why???

I just do not understand there thinking on this...:ouch:

And here we go again...
 
And in real life smoke produces what on the track???

Skidmarks...Why don't you think there important PD..why???

I just do not understand there thinking on this...:ouch:

5508629.jpg





You wanna make an omelette? You gotta break some eggs.
In order to have a wonderful scenario with 500.000 poly cars @ 60fps you have to sacrifice something: skid marks.... I suppose...
 
And in real life smoke produces what on the track???

Skidmarks...Why don't you think there important PD..why???

I just do not understand there thinking on this...:ouch:

Because its hard to implement real time skidmarks that look realistic and dont disappear after a few seconds with these graphics?

Also, you wouldnt even really notice them in this video most of the time with these camera angles and the smoke.
 
well i think the smoke is fake and will not be in the full game...

and im tired of these "Tuned" cars that PD keeps giving us as a poor excuse for the lack of Customization... if there is no Customization in the game then just leave it out entirely i just think its a waste...

Evo X --> Evo X (Tuned) kinda pointless... same car with just a body-kit and engine tunes... i can already tune the engine either way and yes i KNOW its "G" or "Spots Edition" but it falls under the same category in my book.

PS - This "NEW AE86" is really lame... nice marketing on Toyota's part.
 
I don't know what part of "Prologue" and "Demo" people don't get.

We didn't even get car tuning in GT4 Prologue. To claim that there won't be any in GT5 because GT5P and GT5D are deficient in this regard is a little presumptuous...
 
And here we go again...

No kidding. :crazy:

and im tired of these "Tuned" cars that PD keeps giving us as a poor excuse for the lack of Customization... if there is no Customization in the game then just leave it out entirely i just think its a waste...

This is not a GT "tuned" car. It's based on a real car that was replicated into the game. Just like the regular FT-86.

I don't know what part of "Prologue" and "Demo" people don't get.

We didn't even get car tuning in GT4 Prologue. To claim that there won't be any in GT5 because GT5P and GT5D are deficient in this regard is a little presumptuous...

Exactly. I expect the tuning/modification side of GT5 to be epic. 👍
 
Tuning shop was already on the feature list, 'confirmed' at TGS. So I wouldn't worry mouch about that. But indeed.. It would be stupid to have 1000 cars of which 400 are '(Tuned) ', when you can tune your cars by yourself
 
Exactly. I expect the tuning/modification side of GT5 to be epic. 👍

This is what I'm thinking. but I was also expecting CAR manufactures to be released, not manufacture agreements on some stupid GPS thing, I was also expecting a 2009 release, and more pictures or information. So I'm not really sure what to expect anymore.
 
In fact,someone mentioned in another thread that when GT4 was about to release PD didn't show the final build till the Hong Kong showing,witch included exhaust flames and the like.

I'm hoping they do something like that but on a grander scale with GT5.
Thats why my hopes for "well done"" skidmarks are still alive.
 
I posted an off topic at T.A.S. thread and it'll be nice for everyone to see it. I notice this at FT 86G video.

Has anyone notice the suns location in FT 86G video? I was watching it earlier and I notice this.

GT52-1.jpg

and
gt53.jpg


The one in GT5p is that the sun are around north west or west of the Fuji track, but on this one it's on the east or north east. Go figure.

I just got a sharp eyes on this type of things, but sometimes I don't bother to share. LOL. Well at least sometimes some people had sharper eyes on this type of things, too.
 
Last edited:
Back