Fuel Consumption

Revelation1115
Okay, so I was doing the B class endurance race and on the last two laps of the race I was running on empty on my Supra then ran out of gas on the last lap! The funny thing is that the Ferrari that ran with me the whole race finished! Does the Ferrari California really have better mileage than the Supra? Or is fuel consumption unrealistic in this game?

Hard to say. If it is very realistic, I would guess that your throttle applications were less economical than the AI driver. Like, on/off for the entire race. I think the computer is much smoother on the inputs. Less tire spin, ect.

What happens when you run out of fuel? did your gauge go all the way below E and the dash light turn on before it happened? i've never raced long enough to see myself.. :indiff:

I've never gone more than two laps with the fuel gauge in the yellow zone. Does it tell you that the game is over when you run out of fuel, or are you left stranded out on the track and have to exit the race yourself?

Last edited:
First your car starts to slow down on its own, then it'll stop accelerating, then you're just stuck there; forcing you to quit on your own!

I know in one of the previous Forza games fuel consumption was just set on distance and was the same for every car. I've considered testing it out on 3, but I never have bothered. There's also a chance that AI cars don't run out of fuel, but since there are endurance races (which I haven't gotten to yet), I'd assume T10 did give the AI fuel consumption so that they'd pit for those.

The AI does have fuel consumption as well, I saw some of them pit; I think it was the Lotus Esprit and two other cars in the Mugello endurance race. But I wonder what factors affect this? Weight, performance upgrades, tire wear? Anyone know?

Okay, I just redid the race yesterday. California vs. California! He still didn't have to pit and I wasted another hour trying to beat this race. Yeah, I can put it on easy mode, then be 15 seconds ahead, and have enough time for a pit stop; but no fun in that! Anyone know a class A car that probably has good mileage?

The California is a Class B car, not Class A as you said. I did use it to win the Class B endurance race and I was able to pit without the rival California retaking the lead, mainly because it also pitted during the race if I remember. Has the other California ever pitted during your race?

I did the Suzuka endurance race in an Evo 6 with nearly 600hp. I challenged myself to see if I could finish without pitting, and I did, but I had to coast for the final laps. The thing is I'm a very tricky guy to get past if you're a CPU driver.

I did the Suzuka endurance race in an Evo 6 with nearly 600hp. I challenged myself to see if I could finish without pitting, and I did, but I had to coast for the final laps. The thing is I'm a very tricky guy to get past if you're a CPU driver.

Like taking advantage of the whole "damn, he moved across, I'll drop back by about a second and try again" thing?

It amuses me when they do that because they almost always cause a pile up by dropping so much speed.

So how do you coast? Just hold the clutch when going in high speeds or what?

I would say the Feul consumption is realistic because i have a fully tuned ZR1 and it is a gas guzzler. i ran out of gas after doing 10 laps on Benchmark ring on full throttle going an average of 220MPH.

Back