Fuel gauge in race cars. Small rant.

United States
Fresno, CA, USA
SnakeEyes427
So the GR3 M3 race car has a read out of litters left. That makes sense and is easy to understand. Yet the Viper (or any other GR3/4 cars) do not seem to have this. They have what looks to be a litters be consumed. Giving little recourse but to have the hud up to see a fuel gauge. 😡
Anyone else want to be able to pick what is displayed?

So the GR3 M3 race car has a read out of litters left. That makes sense and is easy to understand. Yet the Viper (or any other GR3/4 cars) do not seem to have this. They have what looks to be a litters be consumed. Giving little recourse but to have the hud up to see a fuel gauge. 😡
Anyone else want to be able to pick what is displayed?
The cars' real displays show whatever the cars really do display in the real world.

But they're of no use, because every car in GT7 has a 100-litre fuel tank regardless of what it has in the real world - necessitating the in-game HUD if you're in need of an accurate fuel gauge.

This is what happens when you only care about eSports competition instead of realism.
As far as I know since GT5 all cars have 100 liter fuel tanks. The interior fuel gauge just shows the fuel range proportional to the HUD fuel gauge. It doesn't show actual liters.

I imagine it's a lot of work for PD to measure fuel tanks for all cars and would make it even harder to balance the BOP. But the lack of realism isn't brought about by GT Sport (and I doubt it will be fixed in the future).

I love when cars have working gauges, especially the road cars. Some have working boost gauges which is awesome! However, some they don't work (like the 06 Ford GT which is supercharged). The gauge never moves regardless on what the car is doing. That's a bummer. Seems like a crapshoot on to which do something and which don't.

The cars' real displays show whatever the cars really do display in the real world.

But they're of no use, because every car in GT7 has a 100-litre fuel tank regardless of what it has in the real world - necessitating the in-game HUD if you're in need of an accurate fuel gauge.
I've only ever seen the number in the 787B reach 85 or so. It could still be 100 liters, maybe they're just filling it to 85% as would be done in some situations IRL.

My whole point was most of the MoTec displays in the race cars are reading litters being used at that moment. Not very helpful to the how much of the 100 litter tank is left. Maybe it is helpful for if you are saving fuel or burning though it. Still that assumes you have the brain cells to remember what your car burns at wide open throttle. I don't. 😄

Last edited:
I’m under the impression that some of the cars’ shift indicators change when you apply permanent upgrades but some don’t change and tell you to shift too early but it’s inconsistent from car to car which really annoys me…

Back