Fuel usage in GT4...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Majarvis
  • 76 comments
  • 16,768 views
I want to know if the pit guy handling the fuel actually goes to the location of the gas cap to fill up the car, or is it always the side closest to the pit garage?
 
captainzib
I want to know if the pit guy handling the fuel actually goes to the location of the gas cap to fill up the car, or is it always the side closest to the pit garage?
Always the closest to the pits, besides alot of cars can refuel on two sides.
 
So can someone confirm that you can't change your oil mid endurance race and if this is true weather you still need to change your oil in a distance less than the endurance races?

One of the things I really hated about GT3 was that even if you changed the oil in your car before you started an endurance race, by time you had done a few qualifying laps and gone less than half way through the race your engine oil needed changing and you were down on power :(

This was something I was hoping they would have fixed in GT4!
 
There is no option to change the oil during any race. That has been said allready in this thread.
 
mr_yogi
So can someone confirm that you can't change your oil mid endurance race and if this is true weather you still need to change your oil in a distance less than the endurance races?

One of the things I really hated about GT3 was that even if you changed the oil in your car before you started an endurance race, by time you had done a few qualifying laps and gone less than half way through the race your engine oil needed changing and you were down on power :(

This was something I was hoping they would have fixed in GT4!
In real life they are also down on power after the race gets to his end
 
Sockz
There is no option to change the oil during any race. That has been said allready in this thread.
And in series after an race????
 
Hyde
u can spend 5,000,000 CR and rebuilt the car and get the power back

That's the Japanese (Yen) price. In the american version it should be 50,000 CR.
 
Darts
And in series after an race????

Actually, I'm not sure. I know you can get back to the menu screen, so you might be able to enter the 'GT Auto' shop which is where the oil is changed.
 
Sockz
Actually, I'm not sure. I know you can get back to the menu screen, so you might be able to enter the 'GT Auto' shop which is where the oil is changed.
Can you plz try to do it?
 
So you can return to the MAIN menu while in a series? or did I get this wrong? i mean the point where in GT3 you could choose: Home, tune, car dealer, test car and so on?
 
captainzib
I want to know if the pit guy handling the fuel actually goes to the location of the gas cap to fill up the car, or is it always the side closest to the pit garage?

In the game Le mans 24 hours it was where ever...tire,helmet,bumper,..same place for every car :yuck: "Hope they get it right in GT4"
 
puricele7e
So you can return to the MAIN menu while in a series? or did I get this wrong? i mean the point where in GT3 you could choose: Home, tune, car dealer, test car and so on?

Yes, you can get back to the main menu. I would assume they did this so you could change your oil during a long series.
 
Can you also save at that way, going back to main menu?
 
About the speed restriction after you "run out of fuel", I'm sure this is explained by saying there is a reserve tank of about a liter or two.

Even the Nurburgring (22KM) can be done in about 2L of fuel if you're driving a conservative pace. If you slow down too much you create a risk on the race track for the drivers moving much faster. 80KM/h is quite reasonable.
 
Back