Fuji Standing Start

  • Thread starter Thread starter RSection8
  • 29 comments
  • 2,052 views
Messages
108
Messages
Rsection8
It's pretty sweet there's a standing start on the Fuji 700pp race, but what is the trick to getting such a quick start? Everyone leaves me at the start. know matter what I do I can't get a fast start. I'm driving f430 if anyone is wondering.
 
It's pretty sweet there's a standing start on the Fuji 700pp race, but what is the trick to getting such a quick start? Everyone leaves me at the start. know matter what I do I can't get a fast start. I'm driving f430 if anyone is wondering.

Well if they are ina R35 GT-R then they are always going to beat you. That particular car has exceptional Accel due to its good suspension and 4-wheel drive. There is not that much you can do in a F430 since its accel is a little low. You can consider trying to tune the gears, but I would try to find another car that can compete with the GT-R.
 
it you get a reasnoble start you shouldn't be too far behind by the first corner, I guess it is easier if you use a steering wheel and pedals (eg G25)as you have much more control over the power delivery. As soon as the race starts play with the throttle, soon as the wheels start to slip let off the accelerator a little. Even if you make a 100% start you will never start as well as the 4WD cars.

In the F40 this morning I was only 3 car lengths down by the first corner against 2 R35's, the biggest problem was keeping up with them around the corners, poor F40, even with R3 tyres it just doesn't quite have the cornering speed!
 
When using G25 and clutch your the vinner on standing starts.
 
At least the changes of taking others up your rear are smaller that way :-)
 
Everyone blows by me on the start. A standing start with no traction control in a rear wheel drive car is not pretty...
 
Sadly st the Fuji 700PP race your start doesn't matter. If you get off the line first and to the first corner first the mass if GTRs behind you will all ram you off the road. If you get to the corner near the backbit really doesn't matter either as someone in a GTR will break check you or you will ultimately get a penalty due to the mess and chaos there, especially with a full field.

The standing start is nice. Sadly the level of driving online doesn't support it. Maybe when we can have private races with people you trust it will work.
 
I tend to get as far left as I possibly can,and then gun it through all those ghosts on the first corner.:sly:
 
You could use a tuned Ferrari Boxer 512BB and leave them all in the dust, like I do.



;)
 
ive not played fuji much online....but with no aids, in a ferrari430 I found starting in 2nd gear did the trick
 
Learn how to control the gas and any car will get off the line fast. The GTRs are monsters with grip, standing starts and/or braking, but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

Or and this works for just about any car in the game, especially high power sports cars...use the in-race on screen quick-tune and set the TCS to 1 or 2 and stay in 1st gear. This mimics a old F1 style launch control off the line. Once you get up into 2nd, tunr the TCS off and you are set for the rest of the race.
 
change your car...GTR is the way forward;)
 
Yeah just use the GTR exclusively at Fuji, otherwise there will be half a dozen GTRs in front of you coming out of the first turn
 
I try to start with at least some turbo pressure, though not full throttle. Full throttle will cause the wheels to spin. If you start from no gas at all (a.k.a. no turbo pressure) you will also be slower. Though I usually wait for all the hot shots to enter the turn first (way too fast ofcourse), getting penalties because of ramming so I can run right through them. ;)
 
Yeah just use the GTR exclusively at Fuji, otherwise there will be half a dozen GTRs in front of you coming out of the first turn


If I don't want to think or use very little effort to win/run competively I'll bring a GTR to Fuji. If I want to be challenged and have a race I bring a F430 or 599. Sometimes the GTR takes the fun out of GT5p because it is so easy to drive, drive fast and control with any controller and/or device.
 
I hate comforming to what everyone else uses, I know there is a better car for that track than the GT-R. But its good, I will admitt that. I think if we could some how figure out how to get the F40 to get better grip in the rear, that would be a good car.
 
I hate comforming to what everyone else uses, I know there is a better car for that track than the GT-R. But its good, I will admitt that. I think if we could some how figure out how to get the F40 to get better grip in the rear, that would be a good car.

Thanks for the replies. I will definately try starting out in 2nd, but most of you are right on. Usually the 3 out of 5 guys that pass me all over shoot the 1st corner, or wreck each other or what ever. Oh I do have the G25, doesn't everyone? :)

I love driving the f430; it's such a fun car to drive. It loses grip, but I think it handles better than most of the other RWD cars I have driven. It does get a little frusturating watching GTR after GTR leave me at the exit of a corner, but I like the ferrari, and they don't all beat me. :) I think it would be cool to do an all RWD race.
 
I love driving the f430; it's such a fun car to drive. It loses grip, but I think it handles better than most of the other RWD cars I have driven. It does get a little frusturating watching GTR after GTR leave me at the exit of a corner, but I like the ferrari, and they don't all beat me. :) I think it would be cool to do an all RWD race.

The F430 is my car of choice. I would suggest a good tune to take car of that car slipping out from under you. There are some great tuning guides in the Tuning Forum that may help send you on your way. I think of the f430 as my big bro to my NSX. The car(s) can be taimed, they just need tweaking.
 
Staying on the outside of the first corner works for me. I can also pick up a few spots as well.
 
The F430 is my car of choice. I would suggest a good tune to take car of that car slipping out from under you. There are some great tuning guides in the Tuning Forum that may help send you on your way. I think of the f430 as my big bro to my NSX. The car(s) can be taimed, they just need tweaking.

I tuned the F430 and I actually kept up with the GT-R and EVO-X, it was just my mistakes on the anolog stick that slowed me down. I know if I had a wheel I could make it go for 1:40 second laps. If you could tune the F40, wow that would be good. I was racing a guy that had the F40 and I had the F430, well I was faster in the turns, but the thing was way faster on the accel phase. I got beat because of that.
 
I tuned the F430 and I actually kept up with the GT-R and EVO-X, it was just my mistakes on the anolog stick that slowed me down. I know if I had a wheel I could make it go for 1:40 second laps. If you could tune the F40, wow that would be good. I was racing a guy that had the F40 and I had the F430, well I was faster in the turns, but the thing was way faster on the accel phase. I got beat because of that.


Actually that is still tuning. I have taken a lot of F40s, some due to the driver... some due to bad or no tuning.... most due to both. Tune your gears for the track you are taking. If you keep a good RPM though the turns you can really take a lot of people with the F430. I just detuned my F430 to try and use it for S-1 but it didn't work as well as I wanted it to at the PP630 range. When I get it back to the PP700 settings I had I will let you know, you can take it for a drive.
 
Actually that is still tuning. I have taken a lot of F40s, some due to the driver... some due to bad or no tuning.... most due to both. Tune your gears for the track you are taking. If you keep a good RPM though the turns you can really take a lot of people with the F430. I just detuned my F430 to try and use it for S-1 but it didn't work as well as I wanted it to at the PP630 range. When I get it back to the PP700 settings I had I will let you know, you can take it for a drive.

I would like that. Thanks. I did get the gears tuned for the track, Its just 6th gear is too long, and slow. I wonder if I could make it 5 gear car for Fuji, just like I do for Suzuka. I dunno I will just have to keep trying new things. I do take a different car to Fuji every time I go there. I haven't found a car that was really good there yet. Although the peeps seem to like the GT-R. lol
 
I also tend to use a sort of launch control. I set the TCS to about 5, then after I shift into 2nd gear I turn it off again.
 
How well does the g25 + clutch work on a standing start? I thought you can only enable it when it says "start" and by then its too late for a standing start?
 
I would like that. Thanks. I did get the gears tuned for the track, Its just 6th gear is too long, and slow. I wonder if I could make it 5 gear car for Fuji, just like I do for Suzuka. I dunno I will just have to keep trying new things. I do take a different car to Fuji every time I go there. I haven't found a car that was really good there yet. Although the peeps seem to like the GT-R. lol


I messed around with tuning tonight, and it actually helped a lot more than I thought it would. Nothing really on the suspension but in the gears and weight of the car really helped with my starts and overall performance. I'll take your advice, and check the tuning forum, I still have a lot to learn on the suspension side of things.
 
How well does the g25 + clutch work on a standing start? I thought you can only enable it when it says "start" and by then its too late for a standing start?

No you press it before you start the race, it works just fine.
 
I messed around with tuning tonight, and it actually helped a lot more than I thought it would. Nothing really on the suspension but in the gears and weight of the car really helped with my starts and overall performance. I'll take your advice, and check the tuning forum, I still have a lot to learn on the suspension side of things.

I have a website you can visit to gain the knowledge you will need. However it is for Nascar games, but the information is recipical. It will explain alot of the camber, toe, springs, dampers(rebound) and ride height and weight distribution. Once you understand what a car does under braking, accel and cornering; the tuning process will make more sense why you would do one thing over another.

Go to: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

I would like to explain it to you, but I am not a resident expert on it. There is probably someone else on these forums that can explain tuning a lot better than I can. But I will try to help you as much as possible. I should take the time to make a thread about the different parts of the car. Good luck, and I think that the F430 with 5 gears is acceptable, but I don't know if it has enough speed to do it. Just test, test and test some more.

I also found this in the Tuning forums: http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/tuning-guide/
 
While we appreiate the post, why not provide them with a link?
 
Back