Full grid option for online

Sick_Cylinder
I would like to have the option as a host to fill the grid even when the room is not completely full. When the race starts, if this option has been selected, AI would fill the remaining spots on the grid.

I would like their to be 24 or maybe 32 slots on the grid (for games released on PS4). The host would also have the option that the real competitors would start in front of or behind the AI cars or have the AI cars randomly placed on the grid.

All this of course assumes that AI car performance is improved so that they are capable of driving around cars and not ramming and also that some kind of AI difficulty setting is available.

Sometimes I play online with just one or two close friends and we enjoy a good chat / catchup etc - having the option to fill the grid would greatly increase the enjoyment of those sessions - provided of course that the AI were of good quality.

Most of my online play is with one close friend. In our Forza years, we would sometimes fill the grid with AI cars, choosing the "class" (in GT terms, "class" is a range of PP values), and degree of difficulty.

It gave us practice carving our way through from the back of the pack, or it simply increased our online winnings, winnings being influenced by number and strength of competitors.

What Forza was lacking was some form of PP control for the AIs' cars. Invariably, they would be well below the top of the class, whereas most of our cars would already have been tuned to match the class limit. The result was that even when the AI strength was at the top ("Professional" or whatever), we could walk over them.

For my tastes, I'd therefore like to see the ability to define the AI-driven cars as landing within a PP range, and I'd personally choose a narrow bracket.

The AIs' PP limits could be a totally different set of values to those of the human players. This offers the ability to define races where there is a constant need to lap slower cars, or a need to cope with a stream of faster cars approaching from behind. Essentially, a multi-class race.

Grid 2 has the option to fill out the online grid with AI opponents. Perhaps that's why it's called Grid. :mischievous:
And of course that's an older game.

I tried it recently with just one friend and a full field of AI drivers and it does make a lot of difference. I know it's a much more of an arcade type of game, but it made it good fun with the extra drivers. I didn't think the AI was too bad either - or perhaps it was my driving!

So to add it to a GT game would indeed be a good idea. Even with the current AI it would at least add a little more immersion.There may be a bit of strategy involved in trying to pass the back markers at just the right time.

Most of my online play is with one close friend. In our Forza years, we would sometimes fill the grid with AI cars, choosing the "class" (in GT terms, "class" is a range of PP values), and degree of difficulty.

It gave us practice carving our way through from the back of the pack, or it simply increased our online winnings, winnings being influenced by number and strength of competitors.

What Forza was lacking was some form of PP control for the AIs' cars. Invariably, they would be well below the top of the class, whereas most of our cars would already have been tuned to match the class limit. The result was that even when the AI strength was at the top ("Professional" or whatever), we could walk over them.

For my tastes, I'd therefore like to see the ability to define the AI-driven cars as landing within a PP range, and I'd personally choose a narrow bracket.

The AIs' PP limits could be a totally different set of values to those of the human players. This offers the ability to define races where there is a constant need to lap slower cars, or a need to cope with a stream of faster cars approaching from behind. Essentially, a multi-class race.

Not only a PP range, a class range would be better again! If you are racing in, say, Aventador's and a grid of LMP's are chosen, things go all out of whack! Or if you want just trucks (SUV's and the like) and a grid of GT-R's and GTO's turn up - not good!

All of the remaining grid positions should be chosen from the room hosts garage!(within the PP range) Or at least have that as one option!!

All of the remaining grid positions should be chosen from the room hosts garage!(within the PP range) Or at least have that as one option!!
Another addition to that could be that each car you choose from the garage, you can set the cars to have selected paints, that way if you were to do a one-make, not all of the AI cars look exactly the same.

An Example: I choose a bunch of different types of Miatas to be the AI's car(s), I then can choose the cars from my available paint chips to only come in yellow, red, blue, purple, and black.

I would like to have the option as a host to fill the grid even when the room is not completely full. When the race starts, if this option has been selected, AI would fill the remaining spots on the grid.

I would like their to be 24 or maybe 32 slots on the grid (for games released on PS4). The host would also have the option that the real competitors would start in front of or behind the AI cars or have the AI cars randomly placed on the grid.

All this of course assumes that AI car performance is improved so that they are capable of driving around cars and not ramming and also that some kind of AI difficulty setting is available.

Sometimes I play online with just one or two close friends and we enjoy a good chat / catchup etc - having the option to fill the grid would greatly increase the enjoyment of those sessions - provided of course that the AI were of good quality.

I've mentioned this before. Don't know if I have a thread open or not.

Back