Full screen background ads make logging in impossible

• Thread starter Mirai
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
mtecRacing
So occasionally I get these ads in the bottom-right corner of the screen, which are fine
I can close them nice and quickly and tbh they’re easy enough to ignore
But at the moment there’s a huge advert for the new Star Trek movie that not only completely fills the background and slows the website to a crawl, but also makes it impossible to log in as the banner at the top covers where you enter your password.

Attachments

• DE3FE7F4-C647-4BC7-9425-784CE8EEE6F8.png
    DE3FE7F4-C647-4BC7-9425-784CE8EEE6F8.png
    301.1 KB · Views: 17
Use an adblocker on your browser. I prefer Chrome over Safari and use the AdBlock plugin. This is all I get on the home page.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 12.30.28.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 12.30.28.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
So occasionally I get these ads in the bottom-right corner of the screen, which are fine
I can close them nice and quickly and tbh they’re easy enough to ignore
But at the moment there’s a huge advert for the new Star Trek movie that not only completely fills the background and slows the website to a crawl, but also makes it impossible to log in as the banner at the top covers where you enter your password.
Thank you for reporting this. I have notified the ad provider and it should be resolved very soon, if it's not been fixed already.
Use an adblocker on your browser. I prefer Chrome over Safari and use the AdBlock plugin. This is all I get on the home page.
Chrome and firefox both works great to block ads, Chrome is a bit less ressource hungry tho
You are also directly undermining a small business and our staff's ability to earn a living while providing GTPlanet as a free service.

If you don't want to see ads here, you should purchase a Premium subscription for $3.99/month (less than the average price for a cup of coffee).

Back