Full Sized Wheel, Pedals and Shifters?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I’m currently rocking an ancient Logitech G27 which I’m going to upgrade in the next few months. Not sure yet what my budget will be until I know what my options are.

However one thing is for sure, I would like my set up to be more ‘full sized’, like a real car really. The G27’s set up feels quite toy-like with everything being so small.

So let’s say the latest Logitech Pro set up, is that a larger wheel and pedals than the older models or am I better off looking at Fanatec? I should probably mention I think I’d prefer going down the direct drive route for this upgrade, too. PS5 and PC compatibility essential, not fussed about XBox.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure yet what my budget options will be until I know what my options are budget is.
I think that knowing how much you might want to fork out will help narrow down your choices. 😉

There's also the question of what you are going to mount your new kit onto. To get the best out of them direct drive bases will preferably need something sturdy. Depending on what you have already the cost of any additional rig may need to be factored in.

Having gone from a G29 to a G Pro, I can confirm that the wheel is larger. Not hugely so, 30cm I think, but it's noticeable. The pedal set is also more substantial. In fact the whole unit is.
Although quite expensive (most simy kit is), after nearly a year's trouble free use it's been a really enjoyable upgrade.

They both seem to have their issues. I bought for the ecosystem (all kinds of different diameter and style wheels) knowing full well Fanatec is potentially a pain to deal with, customer service wise. People really seem to love the Gpro though. I don't think you'd be unhappy with either company's product in the end.

Thanks. What about handbrakes? I know Fanatec do them, but not Logitech apparently? Maybe a deal breaker you know.

And what about all that set up where you can get subwoofers under your seat so you get a kick up the bum whenever you go over a bump or a kerb? That might be pretty cool. Is that even compatible with GT7 or is it more for PC games?

Last edited:
Thanks. What about handbrakes? I know Fanatec do them, but not Logitech apparently? Maybe a deal breaker you know.

And what about all that set up where you can get subwoofers under your seat so you get a kick up the bum whenever you go over a bump or a kerb? That might be pretty cool. Is that even compatible with GT7 or is it more for PC games?
Questions I can't answer. I'm running a bare bones setup. No handbrake and no kickers. The Fanatec DDPro thread is a great wealth of info and a great place to ask super knowledgeable folks about this stuff. I think the same goes for the Logi thread. Ton of info to sift through.

Last edited:

Go with Fanatec if you want a complete ecosystem and play on console. Logitech has no replacement wheels, no handbrake and only the toy shifter from the G29.

For the woofers, I’d forget about them and just get the Next Level Racing HF-8 haptic pad. All you need is a laptop running the SimHub software, works with GT7 and you can also use Simhub to make your phone or tablet a dash/gauges for GT7 and other games.

Last edited:
Back